Dbldrew hates Fields and will let us know

msadows

Liked Posts:
then why are you in a thread about a preseason game from over a week ago? are you drunk again?
Rather be drunk at noon than be replaying and screenshotting a fucking play from a preseason game for 10 days.

Get a hobby or something that doesn't involve justin fields. Thx.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Rather be drunk at noon than be replaying and screenshotting a fucking play from a preseason game for 10 days.

Get a hobby or something that doesn't involve justin fields. Thx.
well if being drunk at noon makes you stumble into a thread about a preseason game that you dont want to talk about then maybe less drinking would help?

I mean to jump into a thread you dont want to talk about only to complain you are in there is about as pathetic as it gets..

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
no it would not. here is both angles of the play..

View attachment 30690

View attachment 30691

Fields has his arm back ready to throw and 2 yards of cushion to throw it.. and Herbert has absolutely nobody near him..

to think this would end in a pic is laughable.. but you know maybe I'm wrong here and 2 yards is way to close for a screen play.. let me jump o YT and look at some screens and see.. will post up some results
He’s standing on the 39yd line. The defender is past the 40yd line already. I don’t think you realize how fast these athletes are. His reach can easily cover that 36inches and swat that arm or ball in a split second. A tipped ball is an easy interception. You make it out to be so easy that a simple lob pass can be accurately thrown in the same amount of time(hint: it can’t).

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
If he throws it there in your pic, he gets rocked and possible gets deflected. Not good.

Here's the play.

Fields had to avoid the rush before Herbert turns his head and did a great job throwing it. He cocked his arm earlier and pulled it down to buy time because Herbert had just begun to turn his head when the rush was already on Fields. He was ready to throw it earlier but saved the play or at least helped it be this successful and he still clearly threw the ball 2 sec into the play.

Here's Football 101: Screen Pass
"Typically, you wait about 2 sec. to throw that ball",

And to those complaining about linemen downfield, check where they are on passes in this video. It's always been a lenient part of officiating if not a blatant infraction.
First I want to thank bamainatlanta for posting the rule......2nd, if one read the rule it states...paraphrasing....once the ball leaves the QB hand the Olinemen can be past the 1 yd scrimmage area as much as they want AS LONG AS THEY DON'T BLOCK A DEFENDER BEFORE THE CATCH. They didn't....legal TD. Let me know if I read it wrong. Thank you.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He’s standing on the 39yd line. The defender is past the 40yd line already. I don’t think you realize how fast these athletes are. His reach can easily cover that 36inches and swat that arm or ball in a split second. A tipped ball is an easy interception. You make it out to be so easy that a simple lob pass can be accurately thrown in the same amount of time(hint: it can’t).
screen7.png
screen8.png
screen6.png
screen3.pngscreen4.pngscreen5.png

there is tons of examples of QBs throwing a simple screen with defender as close or CLOSER then Fields had so this is absurd that he cant do it and it would end in an INT.

The excuses for Fields is unbelievable

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
View attachment 30692
View attachment 30693
View attachment 30694
View attachment 30695View attachment 30696View attachment 30697

there is tons of examples of QBs throwing a simple screen with defender as close or CLOSER then Fields had so this is absurd that he cant do it and it would end in an INT.

You showed photos of QB’s that have almost completed their throw(Fields wasn’t even wound up) and/or are nowhere near as close. Good stuff here. Honest question: were you one of the incompetent prosecuting attorneys in the OJ Simpson Murder Case?

I never knew of a QB that just threw a 60yd screen pass for a TD needed an excuse(he doesn’t). How are you this obtuse?

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Can someone clarify what is meant by “field judge”
He keeps the 'Play Clock" so if the play clock hits 0...he throws the flag.........behind the Punt Returner to watch for Fair Catches, illegal contact, illegal blocks...'protecting' the Punt Returner for the most part.,,,,,,looks for Pass Interference on deep routes down the middle of the field and helps on deep routes on sidelines, but that is primarily on the Side Judges. He is one of the Officials standing at the side of the Goal Post watching if a kick is 'good' or 'no good'. His standing position is behind the D Safety, some yds back. That's it in a 'nutshell'. You can thank me later......lol

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
never see it called? well it gets called more then illegal contact and almost as much as roughing the passer so that statement is factually incorrect..

what are you talking about? I never said Fields was trying to force a penalty. Fields inability to execute a simple screen play created a penalty (that was missed) but thats not him forcing a penalty.

You are correct he doesnt know where the OL are because its a timing play that Fields screwed up the timing because a simple 5 yard lob screen pass was too much for him even when he was looking at the RB and the RB was looking at him its still too much for him to process.. its a big problem.

And what turnover? if he cant do a simple lob pass to a wide open RB thats is standing completely alone without it ending in a pic then he has no business as a QB

1. I said it never gets called if a guy is just a couple yards past the LoS as a QB is throwing as typically the ball will be gone by the time the field judge shifts from the OL to the QB. You still havent addressed the fact the field judge cant watch both in real time.

2. No penalty was created because again the ball was gone by the time the Field Judge would have looked at the OL and then Fields.

3. He executed it quite fine for a TD.

4. There is no reason for him to risk such a pass and hit in preseason when he can evade the rush and still connect for a TD.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
1. I said it never gets called if a guy is just a couple yards past the LoS as a QB is throwing as typically the ball will be gone by the time the field judge shifts from the OL to the QB. You still havent addressed the fact the field judge cant watch both in real time.

2. No penalty was created because again the ball was gone by the time the Field Judge would have looked at the OL and then Fields.

3. He executed it quite fine for a TD.

4. There is no reason for him to risk such a pass and hit in preseason when he can evade the rush and still connect for a TD.
1- I know you said it never gets called if its just a "couple yards" do you have any statistical data to back up that claim?

2- no penalty was called because it was a missed call

3- if by throwing late is "quite fine" then ok

4- this is completely illogical, he can be legally hit if the ball is in his hand.. he is more protected by THROWING THE BALL!

its like you are not even trying here Remy

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
View attachment 30692
View attachment 30693
View attachment 30694
View attachment 30695View attachment 30696View attachment 30697

The D-linemen are SUPPOSE to be near the QB and 'appear' to make the tackle....that's part of the DECEPTION of a Screen Pass. The D-linemen are drawn to the QB so they're not NEAR the player who will actually get the ball... do you know why? So that the ball carrier WON'T GET TACKLED BY THEM!!! Hence, the play will gain positive yardage. What a concept? Kind of StarTrekish, huh? Seriously, this is taught at the JV High School level. Some people are truly ignorant ...OR........as I think I'm learning.........TROLLS!!!!!! lol

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Can someone clarify what is meant by “field judge”

He keeps the 'Play Clock" so if the play clock hits 0...he throws the flag.........behind the Punt Returner to watch for Fair Catches, illegal contact, illegal blocks...'protecting' the Punt Returner for the most part.,,,,,,looks for Pass Interference on deep routes down the middle of the field and helps on deep routes on sidelines, but that is primarily on the Side Judges. He is one of the Officials standing at the side of the Goal Post watching if a kick is 'good' or 'no good'. His standing position is behind the D Safety, some yds back. That's it in a 'nutshell'. You can thank me later......lol

The Field Judge is 20 yards back from the LoS on the home side and the Side Judge is 25 yards back on visitors side. They would have responsibility for calling ineligible man downfield depending on which side of the field the play is on. See below.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@dbldrew favorite thing is the screenshot. @Anytime23 do you have the screenshot of a wide open bears player that Mitch decided to throw a check down to? He loves him some Mitch

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You showed photos of QB’s that have almost completed their throw(Fields wasn’t even wound up) and/or are nowhere near as close. Good stuff here. Honest question: were you one of the incompetent prosecuting attorneys in the OJ Simpson Murder Case?

I never knew of a QB that just threw a 60yd screen pass for a TD needed an excuse(he doesn’t). How are you this obtuse?
fields arm is cocked back and the ball is next to his head.. all but 2 other pictures are showing approximately the same position in the throwing motion.

Is it exact? no.. the difference here is one QB didnt throw the ball while the others actually threw it.. and thats the point.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
fields arm is cocked back and the ball is next to his head.. all but 2 other pictures are showing approximately the same position in the throwing motion.

Is it exact? no.. the difference here is one QB didnt throw the ball while the others actually threw it.. and thats the point.
Sorry not true.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
The Field Judge is 20 yards back from the LoS on the home side and the Side Judge is 25 yards back on visitors side. They would have responsibility for calling ineligible man downfield depending on which side of the field the play is on. See below.

Thanks for the correction.....I looked over the site you posted...........this has changed over the years.....believe me. But so has hockey,,,,now with 4 Officials on the ice. 2 Refs, 2 Linemen.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
The D-linemen are SUPPOSE to be near the QB and 'appear' to make the tackle....that's part of the DECEPTION of a Screen Pass. The D-linemen are drawn to the QB so they're not NEAR the player who will actually get the ball... do you know why? So that the ball carrier WON'T GET TACKLED BY THEM!!! Hence, the play will gain positive yardage. What a concept? Kind of StarTrekish, huh? Seriously, this is taught at the JV High School level. Some people are truly ignorant ...OR........as I think I'm learning.........TROLLS!!!!!! lol
they have to be trolling at this point. There cant be this many people here that dont understand a simple screen and how its executed.. but this is css so anything is possible

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1- I know you said it never gets called if its just a "couple yards" do you have any statistical data to back up that claim?

2- no penalty was called because it was a missed call

3- if by throwing late is "quite fine" then ok

4- this is completely illogical, he can be legally hit if the ball is in his hand.. he is more protected by THROWING THE BALL!

its like you are not even trying here Remy

I have science. Here is where the Field Judge and Side Judge are lined up. The former is 20 yards back in the defensive backfield on the home sideline and the latter is 25 yards back in the defensive backfield on the visitor sideline.

From that far back they are not in a position to be able to see the OL and the QB simultaneously particularly with lineman obscuring their view. So the only thing they can do is check the OL first ie the guys closest to them and then check the QB to see if he still has the ball. An average QB release time is around 0.4 seconds from the time he starts his windup. The picture I showed you, Fields was already towards the end of that release so about 0.1 seconds left to go. It would take longer than 0.1 seconds for the Side or Field Judge to 100% confirm that a lineman's entire body is across the 35 and then switch to check Fields. So by the time they did the ball would already be gone.

In the pictures you sent, one defender is 1 yard away and off to his side. The other is about 1.5 yards away but has stopped and squared up. So if he throws in that moment there is a chance the guy off to the side hits him and the guy right in front of him is in position to jump up and tip the ball. So the safest play is to simply avoid both and deliver the ball. Especially in a meaningless preseason game. You are being dumb.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
yep making a point and actually backing it up.. you should try it..
Except you haven’t, hell you posted the wrong information multiple times

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Except @dbldrew said it was a guaranteed TD also relax with the name calling