DE Garrett Just Swung a Helmet at QB Rudolph

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up here yet in response to this.

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Chicago Bears offensive guard Kyle Long expressed remorse over his role in a heated practice fight last week that culminated with Long attacking a teammate with the teammate's own helmet.
"Obviously, what I did was absolutely unacceptable," Long said after Tuesday's practice. "As a human being, as a teammate, without question, what I did was uncalled for and absolutely so far over the line that it was on me to handle that internally and speak to the people that I needed to speak to. I've done that."
The incident occurred during last Wednesday's team scrimmage when Long got into it with Bears undrafted rookie defensive lineman Jalen Dalton. During the altercation, Dalton's helmet came off and ended up in Long's possession. The three-time Pro Bowler repeatedly swung the helmet at Dalton as teammates attempted to intervene. Long also threw punches during the fight and tossed Dalton's helmet across the field after the two were separated.

That should have been a clue to Bears fans on how the season was gonna go

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Detroit or Washington are the Cleveland of the NFC.
Detroit easy...i'll never forget how many wanna be false flaggin' gangstaz are out there and i'm born and raise in Chi-Town.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up here yet in response to this.

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Chicago Bears offensive guard Kyle Long expressed remorse over his role in a heated practice fight last week that culminated with Long attacking a teammate with the teammate's own helmet.
"Obviously, what I did was absolutely unacceptable," Long said after Tuesday's practice. "As a human being, as a teammate, without question, what I did was uncalled for and absolutely so far over the line that it was on me to handle that internally and speak to the people that I needed to speak to. I've done that."
The incident occurred during last Wednesday's team scrimmage when Long got into it with Bears undrafted rookie defensive lineman Jalen Dalton. During the altercation, Dalton's helmet came off and ended up in Long's possession. The three-time Pro Bowler repeatedly swung the helmet at Dalton as teammates attempted to intervene. Long also threw punches during the fight and tossed Dalton's helmet across the field after the two were separated.
Big difference. That was a fight in training camp, or pre season can’t really remember. This was a nationally televised game where the play was clearly over was applauded by Browns fans.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
mitch got pushed out of bound on bears' sideline..bellamy and miller was right there to have Mitch's back..they started swingin at the DB for jawwing off afterwards, Bellamy also train for boxing like tillman.

"lick" = a hurting (chicago slang)

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Some on the Browns board are actually cheering this by Garrett and saying the Steelers deserve worse punishments

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Garrett should be suspended indefinitely. Helmets are heavy and hard.

Glad Pouncey punted his head.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Some on the Browns board are actually cheering this by Garrett and saying the Steelers deserve worse punishments
Right now, i'm thinking the NFL will ban Myles, the rest of this season and next at least.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
mitch got pushed out of bound on bears' sideline..bellamy and miller was right there to have Mitch's back..they started swingin at the DB for jawwing off afterwards, Bellamy also train for boxing like tillman.

"lick" = a hurting (chicago slang)
Ahh you mean the 49ers game last year. I know what you’re talking about now.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pouncey wore a free Aaron Hernandez hat after he got arrested on murder chargers. He can go away too.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’ll get roasted for saying this I’m sure...

What Garrett did was wrong, no doubt. However, when he and mason went to the ground, it was mason who started grabbing at Garrett’s helmet first...he was just unsuccessful at ripping it off. Mason definitely instigated things

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I’ll get roasted for saying this I’m sure...

What Garrett did was wrong, no doubt. However, when he and mason went to the ground, it was mason who started grabbing at Garrett’s helmet first...he was just unsuccessful at ripping it off. Mason definitely instigated things
Yeah maybe he was trying to rip his helmet off because Garrett took him down late and pinned him to the turf.

DBubba451

Liked Posts:
NFL Network lineman talking heads saying Rudolph started the incident. They also claim that Garret thought Rudolph still had the ball on that pass play. BULL. He new it was gone and decided to give the QB a little "sumptin, sumptin" once he got him on the ground. Probably was some trash talkin' goin' on too.
It was definitely chippy during that game including all the helmet to helmet hits the Browns were dishing out. It just got out of control at the end.

Once he yanked that helmet off the QB, he crossed the line. Then he guarenteed his suspension when he wound up and hit the QB on the head with it. HE GONE. Coulda killed him if he had hit him right.

Gonna be some fines handed out by the Commish soon and he may be in the skybox in Pittsburg in 2 weeks.

Cleveland been spending all year (even since the offseason) trying to be relevant in the NFL. Trying to live up to their own hype. So thay beat Pittsburg with their backup QB. So What!!

Hope they lose the rest of their games. Don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Organization Got No Class!!!!

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah maybe he was trying to rip his helmet off because Garrett took him down late and pinned him to the turf.

It didn’t seem that late to me...there wasn’t a flag for late hit, was there? Again, Garrett is in the wrong for where he took it eventually...but let’s not act like mason didn’t instigate things by trying to take off Garrett’s helmet