DE Garrett Just Swung a Helmet at QB Rudolph

DBubba451

Liked Posts:
Yeah maybe he was trying to rip his helmet off because Garrett took him down late and pinned him to the turf.
I guarentee you that the Leage will so-mo all the relevant footage from the game film(s) and take statements from all involved (including the referee crew) so they can get an accurate picture . They will look at all the incidents (penalties) that occured during whole game, not just the last 5 minuites when things went south. We're only getting part of the picture based on the public statements from the post game interviews just after the game.

Bad optics for the League cause this was a nationally televised game. Got to clean this up...........

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Garrett was 10000% late. Even Aikman said the play was over.

Oh, well if Troy aikman(a former QB) says so, then it must be so. Ignore there being no flag thrown for it, and the fact the ball came out just as Garrett makes the initial hit on mason. Not defending Garrett, just pointing out mason deserves some blame and likely a fine as well. Garrett deserves suspension

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Myles Garrett should be suspended for the rest of the season. Pouncey should get at least 2 games. And Rudolph deserves a one game suspension for instigating the whole thing. His comments after the game were fucking ridiculous, and Rudolph is the biggest piece of shit in all of this.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
It didn’t seem that late to me...there wasn’t a flag for late hit, was there? Again, Garrett is in the wrong for where he took it eventually...but let’s not act like mason didn’t instigate things by trying to take off Garrett’s helmet
He got there on time but he stuck with the tackle for far too long.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah maybe he was trying to rip his helmet off because Garrett took him down late and pinned him to the turf.

He layed him gently to the turf and Rudolph took offense. I can't stand his bullshit press conference after the game. He seems the only one that didn't take responsibility for his actions, and in fact continued the whole thing off the field with his comments.

Garett connected 100% with the helmet. Saw a video on Instagram that showed it clear as day. He got lucky that he actually hit him with the bottom/opening of the helmet

watch the end of the video

Yeah, Garrett got him real good. He deserves an 8 game suspension minimum.

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
Looks like the Browns wanted to pick up where the Bengals left off.. That whole division besides the Ravens is trash. Myles blown a Gasket should get a two year suspension if not arrested for assault. Pouncy and the other dude one game suspension to justify it.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone defending Garret need to stop. Yes, Rudolph did grab his helmet first after he was taken down.

But to rip someone's helmet off while others are trying to stop you and swing it at someone's unprotected head is inexcusable. Period.

I don't know who 65# is but he should get 4 games for continuing the fight with Rudolph after he was hit with the helmet.

If Pouncey had not kicked I would let him off with a fine, but he threw the kick so 1 game for him.

Cleveland beat both Steelers and Ravens in the same season for the first time in 20 years and we get this bs to talk about instead. Only on Cleveland.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Anyone defending Garret need to stop. Yes, Rudolph did grab his helmet first after he was taken down.

But to rip someone's helmet off while others are trying to stop you and swing it at someone's unprotected head is inexcusable. Period.

I don't know who 65# is but he should get 4 games for continuing the fight with Rudolph after he was hit with the helmet.

If Pouncey had not kicked I would let him off with a fine, but he threw the kick so 1 game for him.

Cleveland beat both Steelers and Ravens in the same season for the first time in 20 years and we get this bs to talk about instead. Only on Cleveland.

Nobody is defending Garrett. Pointing out that there is blame to go around is not a defense of anyone...unfortunately you struggle to see the difference

DBubba451

Liked Posts:
Oh, well if Troy aikman(a former QB) says so, then it must be so. Ignore there being no flag thrown for it, and the fact the ball came out just as Garrett makes the initial hit on mason. Not defending Garrett, just pointing out mason deserves some blame and likely a fine as well. Garrett deserves suspension
Garret had Rudolph in a bear hug during the sack, walked the QB back 3 yards and then and decided he'd give a little extra twist on Rudolph when he sacked him. One of Pittsburgs' OL threw up his hands and looked over at the Referee as to say "aint that a penalty?" The QB didn't like it and rightfully so - looked like Rudolph then went after Garrett. The ball was long gone. Garrett then proceeded to literally drag Rudolph by the headgear (and by his neck) across the field a bit till he finally tore it off. Then Garrett used it as a weapon on Rudolph during the scrum when the QB came up on him from the side. All the while, some of the Browns fans were lustily cherring the meelee on. ........

Oh Yeah. Gonna be fines dished on everyone involved in this fiasco on both sides. New York will analize the film. One things for sure - Garrett is gone cause you just cannot do what he did.

A Whole lot of pint up animosity between these to teams and their fanbases.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He layed him gently to the turf and Rudolph took offense. I can't stand his bullshit press conference after the game. He seems the only one that didn't take responsibility for his actions, and in fact continued the whole thing off the field with his comments.
Garrett kept him wrapped up well beyond the sack, he definitely had some extra sugar on that. Refs missed that call and I have no problem with Rudolph losing his cool over that, every QB would. Can't understand your take but everyone is entitled to one.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Rudolph escalated the situation multiple times, and continued to do so in his press conference. Dude is a piece of shit, and watching Garrett's interaction with the press afterwards leads one to believe that something was very much said, though he refused to expound and continually took responsibility for how stupid he was. Rudolph was the only one that did not. Rudolph deserves a one game suspension for his role. He isn't innocent just because he got cracked in the head with his own helmet.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Garrett kept him wrapped up well beyond the sack, he definitely had some extra sugar on that. Refs missed that call and I have no problem with Rudolph losing his cool over that, every QB would. Can't understand your take but everyone is entitled to one.

There have been far worse hits than that where QBs didn't try to pick a fight with the DL that took them down. That shit was so weak I'm surprised Garrett didn't tuck him in and read him a bed time story. Dude was pissed off because he played like absolute shit. He escalated the situation then got his helmet ripped off. Fine, could be over, fines to go around. Instead, he tries to go again and the situation blows completely out of control. Then, in the press conference, he acts like he was whistling along while big bad garrett decided to just rip his helmet off and crack him for no good reason. It's ridiculous.

Garrett deserves to have the longest suspension, regardless. It should be at least 8 games. What he did should not be tolerated in the slightest. Pouncey deserves 2 just for throwing punches and kicks. Another dude on the Browns (i believe he was ejected) also deserves a suspension for hitting Rudolph as the refs are trying to stop the melee. But Rudolph also deserves a suspension of one game for his role. He isn't some innocent bystander in this whole thing.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Odds we ever find out what Mason said to him??

ZERO excuse for Miles Garrett going of, but something made him see red.
+ Mason was also so crazy pissed he chased Miles AFTER his helmet just got ripped off by the massive enraged dude!
Both of em were 100% enraged beyond control. There's more to this spark.

Personal comment? Racist? WTH knows, but Miles will surely want to say what sparked him in his defense.

NFL will surely try to hush that for damn sure to protect the badge. These two effect perception of the whole league.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its odd that this was Garrett. I have never seen him really go off before and he is usually level headed. No doubt he is about to get fucked up by the league. You cant hit someone with a helmet. But, I find it funny people are asking for charges.

Its pretty hard for super human individuals, who have been trained to be killers on the field, to all of the sudden think like a normal human in a heated exchange.

He made a mistake. Punish him and move on. Stop acting like he just shot a child.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pouncey shouldn't even be suspended or fined. Dude was just trying to neutralize the guy who was trying to assault people with a weapon.

He kicked Myles Garrett in the head while Garrett was lying on the ground with an offensive lineman on top of him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is why I hate when people say we are the Browns of the NFC. We might be as incompetent as them but the Chicago Bears have never pulled this shit.
Cough, Kyle, cough, cough, Long.
And frustrations boiled over when Long removed Dalton’s helmet and started hitting him with the helmet.
At least Garrett did barf.

Whoops, Gilder's already there. :beer: