DE Garrett Just Swung a Helmet at QB Rudolph

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I’d guess an indefinite suspension with the option to apply for reinstatement after a calendar year.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I will gladly take that bet. No way it’s 2, and I bet more than 4, easily.

I wouldn't take it. It should be more than 4 easily but it's Goodell... who the fuck knows what he will do? There are a lot of POS playing on Sundays even from a PR POV, he doesn't seem to mind being the butt end of jokes about it all.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Some of you guys must have never been in a fight before.

If someone is attacking you with a knife, are you not trying to snatch the knife and stab the attacker with it?

Funny that the racist boomers that post here would likely just not fight back and are just mad because Garret is a minority and standing up for himself.

I'm 99% certain Rudolph dropped an Nbomb on Garrett to provoke this. He is lucky his racist *** isnt in a coma right now.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If it were a white player it would only be a fine.

Goodell's an asshat to players regardless of skin color. Brady got suspended because the Wells report concluded it was "more probable than not" that Brady knew about the under-inflated footballs.

LMAO at what constitutes as evidence for him. I think media coverage is what drives his actions/inactions re: player behavior.

I bet Garrett gets hammered due to the coverage it has gotten. If the media was chill, then I bet he wouldn't a la Kyle Long as a couple pointed out here.

But the national media didn't go ape shit over Long's helmet bullshit. Maybe punishment is correlated to what the media hypes up? I don't even know for sure but it's all fucked up all over imo.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Some of you guys must have never been in a fight before.

If someone is attacking you with a knife, are you not trying to snatch the knife and stab the attacker with it?

Funny that the racist boomers that post here would likely just not fight back and are just mad because Garret is a minority and standing up for himself.

Wow. I missed this one til now.

I was going to go into the logical fallacies at play here, but I see that's bait

A simple wrong will do.

@Armyhawk ... I see your Liar, Liar and Happy Gilmore and raise you a Fury Road and Billy Madison.

EDIT: Now I don't even think @Grimson is entirely wrong here. Race-baiting to an insane level but that is part of the schtick. Love it or leave it. I get that.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From my perspective, Garrett didn't hit Rudolph late. Rudolph didn't like that Garrett bear hugged him and pulled him to the ground after the ball was gone. From there, Rudolph started hitting and kicking at Garrett. Then Garrett ripped his helmet off.

All around shit-show, but yeah, Garret should be brought up on attempted murder charges.

:bearstroll:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If Rudolph did say the N word, that would have already been announced. I love the jump to conclusions on this board.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If a civilian does that, it's an attempted murder charge. How is this ANY different?
More like aggravated battery (believe me i know) but yes it's bad and i wouldn't doubt if the police picks up those charges or the state picks them up whether Rudolph presses charges or not. That probably won't happen but it wouldn't shock me. Even though there's certain people saying Rudolph should press charges i don't think he should or will.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
From my perspective, Garrett didn't hit Rudolph late. Rudolph didn't like that Garrett bear hugged him and pulled him to the ground after the ball was gone. From there, Rudolph started hitting and kicking at Garrett. Then Garrett ripped his helmet off.

All around shit-show, but yeah, Garret should be brought up on attempted murder charges.

:bearstroll:

No. Aggravated assault. Pushing because you don't like the timing of a hit or how long you held on after a throw happens all the time. Kicking is unacceptable and Rudolph should be suspended, fined, whole nine.

Using a helmet after the fact is upping the stakes.

Wait, never mind ...

Looking it up legally, if someone comes at me with fists and harmful intent to a degree yet unknown, by State law, I have a right to defend myself including using any and all means to neutralize my attacker by knife or gun should I have it and the permit to carry (PA).

So I stand corrected. On the street, Garrett would actually be covered by law. I rescind my earlier comment.

Thank you all for your consideration in this matter. I know my opinion carries so much weight here hahahaha

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Garrett is lucky Pouncey didn't curb stomp his brane... lol he was fucking pissed.

Kudos to that other Steeler OLine (Decastro?) for just keeping relatively calm, laying on Myles.
Looked like DeCastro was going for the take down on Garret after the helmet swing. Possibly with some thought of ground and pound to follow it up. Should have let this scuffle go on a while longer.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Is what Garrett did really any worse than something like this...

nqYdfQ.gif

I could even argue that what JuJu did here was more dangerous.

Are you being serious?

What Myles did is much much worse than this. He used a weapon on a guys head that didn't have a helmet on. If it was any solid part like the bowl part of the helmet it could of and probably would of caused a very serious injury to Rudolph from a contusion to a concussion. It could of ended his season or even more.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Garrett’s actions were clearly the worst.

But #65 hitting Rudolph from behind and knocking him down was the most cowardly.

I would suspend his ass for a game. That was chickenshit.

Yeah all 3 of Garrett, Pouncey and #65 (can't pronounce his name) will be getting suspended but garrett will be done for the year and Pouncey will get the next most games and then #65 i would think. I love both Pouncey brothers and how they've always come to defend their QB's or any teammate but he does still deserve a suspension. I wonder if Rudolph could get a 1 game suspension for pulling on Garretts helmet when on the ground. Probably not but maybe.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Wow. I missed this one til now.

I was going to go into the logical fallacies at play here, but I see that's bait

A simple wrong will do.

@Armyhawk ... I see your Liar, Liar and Happy Gilmore and raise you a Fury Road and Billy Madison.

EDIT: Now I don't even think @Grimson is entirely wrong here. Race-baiting to an insane level but that is part of the schtick. Love it or leave it. I get that.

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about but Step Brothers is the one i'll throw at you.