DE Garrett Just Swung a Helmet at QB Rudolph

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is what Garrett did really any worse than something like this...

nqYdfQ.gif

I could even argue that what JuJu did here was more dangerous.
The Garrett thing looks worse. Now imagine if Garrett connected squarely with the helmet, drew blood and knocked Rudolph out. He'd likely never be allowed to play again. Juju's block, while violent, looked legal to me just cause I see him lowering his shoulder rather than helmet.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Looked like DeCastro was going for the take down on Garret after the helmet swing. Possibly with some thought of ground and pound to follow it up. Should have let this scuffle go on a while longer.

Would of been hilarious if he would of put him down with a leg kick and put a anaconda or a arm bar on his ass.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rudolph escalated the situation multiple times, and continued to do so in his press conference. Dude is a piece of shit, and watching Garrett's interaction with the press afterwards leads one to believe that something was very much said, though he refused to expound and continually took responsibility for how stupid he was.

So much this.

Garrett will probably be booted for the remainder of the season for good cause, but that ain't nothing compared to what is going to be waiting for Rudolph in every game he suits up for the remainder of the year. This is "bulletin board material" times one hundred. If Goodell had any sense, he would suspend Rudolph for the remainder of the season as well...just for his own protection.

Something caused Garrett to snap and even if it never gets out to the press...you know it will get out to other players and "field justice" will prevail.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If Rudolph did say the N word, that would have already been announced. I love the jump to conclusions on this board.

garret should just say he did anyways. It would be harder to prove him wrong this isn’t as elaborate a scam as jussie lol

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
garret should just say he did anyways. It would be harder to prove him wrong this isn’t as elaborate a scam as jussie lol
I'd imagine if Garrett did say that, he'd need witnesses among the players in on the scuffle, to support his claim.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So much this.

Garrett will probably be booted for the remainder of the season for good cause, but that ain't nothing compared to what is going to be waiting for Rudolph in every game he suits up for the remainder of the year. This is "bulletin board material" times one hundred. If Goodell had any sense, he would suspend Rudolph for the remainder of the season as well...just for his own protection.

Something caused Garrett to snap and even if it never gets out to the press...you know it will get out to other players and "field justice" will prevail.
As much as the QB is protected in the NFL today, no sort of "field justice" will be forthcoming no matter what gets out. I'm interested in knowing though why some of you are so convinced Rudolph was more to blame. I mean, is there something that already did get out that makes you believe that or is it just assumption?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You are completely ignoring the fact Garrett was in the wrong long before the helmet swinging.

Nobody in football is defending Garrett or minimizing what he did.

You have chosen an interesting position to take in this and you are completely alone. (Well, I bet some blind homer fans from
Cleveland will join you)

LOL, what? There are plenty of people pointing to Rudolph initiating the altercation. They were talking about it on Freddie & Fitz right after it happened that he wasn't innocent in all this. James Jones, David Carr, and Willie McGinest all pointed to Rudolph as starting the whole thing and being an idiot for trying to go back when his helmet was off. They blasted him for his post game press conference. Let's not pretend that this was the first late "hit" (which there was no flag for) in the history of football, if you can even call it a hit. That was one of the weaker take downs I've ever seen. Rudolph was just pissed off because he threw 80 picks in that game and got his ass kicked by the Browns. He isn't innocent in this whole thing.

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
As much as the QB is protected in the NFL today, no sort of "field justice" will be forthcoming no matter what gets out. I'm interested in knowing though why some of you are so convinced Rudolph was more to blame. I mean, is there something that already did get out that makes you believe that or is it just assumption?

Not more to blame, but needs to shoulder some blame for the altercation.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

EJa_oVNWkAQtLV7.png

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite part is that Garrett is one of those fools that thinks he is the biggest baddest person in the entire NFL.

As soon as he threw a punch the offensive lineman stopped holding back and destroyed that fantasy for good and forever in just moments, he absolutely got his ass kicked and fast. Those 330 lb men aren't allowed to beat the shit out of you Garrett you dumb fuck...you gave them license and lasted less than one second before you are on the ground prone and given up taking shots to your dumbass face. Stupid fuck. Now he knows where he stands. 80 lbs light for ultra heavyweight fights dumb fucking cunt. Stick to football.

Last edited:

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Is what Garrett did really any worse than something like this...

nqYdfQ.gif

I could even argue that what JuJu did here was more dangerous.
[/QUOTE/]
Adi how is that even close to the same? Juju hit Burfict straight in the chest, right in the chest plate.

Garrett swung a heavy and hard object (with speed) and Rudolph's unprotected head.