DE Garrett Just Swung a Helmet at QB Rudolph

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not just that, but after he was thoroughly bitched, he went after Garrett again. Should get a one game suspension IMO. I highly doubt he'll even see a fine.

Yeah, he went after Garrett after 2 of his linemen were holding Garrett back. Then he got up on the podium and called him cowardly.

Mason Rudolph is a bitch of a man. A bitch of a motherfucking man.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where is Mason Rudolph's suspension? He started that shit and was trying to rip off Garrett's helmet. You can't just let that happen. I realize that Garrett went way too far, but Rudolph trying to rip his helmet off went way too far, too. Just because he's fucking inept and couldn't actually do it doesn't excuse it.
I think the ineptness on Rudolph's part did save him. Don't know why he was trying to get Garrett's helmet off though. There didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary with the tackle, itself.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not just that, but after he was thoroughly bitched, he went after Garrett again. Should get a one game suspension IMO. I highly doubt he'll even see a fine.

Word.

Not sure where to lie the blame on that either. The league's continued victimization of the quarterback or the country's continued victimization of the white male?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Word.

Not sure where to lie the blame on that either. The league's continued victimization of the quarterback or the country's continued victimization of the white male?

It's the NFL's "QBs are special snowflakes that should be protected at all costs" thing. And now that I think of it, if it was a brother trying to rip Garrett's helmet off, they would have called him "an animal"

So probably both. Lol. FFS I hate everything.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Word.

Everyone watch out!...

itsatrap.jpg

lol....

BEARS

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah, he went after Garrett after 2 of his linemen were holding Garrett back. Then he got up on the podium and called him cowardly.

Mason Rudolph is a bitch of a man. A bitch of a motherfucking man.

I love watching people say it was a defense from a late hit when, if you watch the video, Garrett was within one step as Rudolph released the ball and didn't have an excessive take down. Most of the people pointing to it would probably be whining if a flag was thrown in a regular situation. Rudolph reacted out of frustration. I get that. Garrett retaliated. I get that. It honestly could've ended there, everyone gets fined, Garrett probably suspended for a game for ripping off the helmet. All completely reasonable. But Rudolph continued to escalate the situation into what it became then acted like a bitch at the podium.

Here's the video in full time. You can pause it at 2 seconds and see Garrett is making contact as Rudolph is releasing the ball and even the take down is how the league wants it with no weight on the QB. Flag for roughing would've been questionable.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you tell Pouncey not to protect his QB? If I'm his HC, I tell him don't punch a guy in the head when he has his helmet on. Sure, the kick is ok but you could break your hand punching his helmet! Of course Pouncey's hand wouldn't be in danger if Rudolph had successfully extracted Garrett's helmet.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I love watching people say it was a defense from a late hit when, if you watch the video, Garrett was within one step as Rudolph released the ball and didn't have an excessive take down. Most of the people pointing to it would probably be whining if a flag was thrown in a regular situation. Rudolph reacted out of frustration. I get that. Garrett retaliated. I get that. It honestly could've ended there, everyone gets fined, Garrett probably suspended for a game for ripping off the helmet. All completely reasonable. But Rudolph continued to escalate the situation into what it became then acted like a bitch at the podium.

Here's the video in full time. You can pause it at 2 seconds and see Garrett is making contact as Rudolph is releasing the ball and even the take down is how the league wants it with no weight on the QB. Flag for roughing would've been questionable.

At least some people agree. Even if the NFL doesn't seem to fucking care. Shit league with a shit commissioner, anyway. Fucking NFL sucks.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...sion-myles-garrett/1e9p6e3p28vd31bqe2bgpmst3y

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Do you tell Pouncey not to protect his QB? If I'm his HC, I tell him don't punch a guy in the head when he has his helmet on. Sure, the kick is ok but you could break your hand punching his helmet! Of course Pouncey's hand wouldn't be in danger if Rudolph had successfully extracted Garrett's helmet.

I think Pouncey's reactions were reasonable and I'd expect nothing less from any OLman protecting his QB. His suspension, I think was one game too much, but not unreasonable. They're now saying Rudolph's conduct is being reviewed for a possible fine, but no suspension.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Word.

Well, Christmas season is coming. Get ready for all the jackasses that think there's some huge conspiracy over the phrase "Happy Holidays."

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think Pouncey's reactions were reasonable and I'd expect nothing less from any OLman protecting his QB. His suspension, I think was one game too much, but not unreasonable. They're now saying Rudolph's conduct is being reviewed for a possible fine, but no suspension.

The bigger hit to the Steelers is to not suspend him and keep him active for games, because he fucking suuuuuuucks.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The kicking after Garrett was held down is what I think got him the longer suspension.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reviewing it all again, I'm not finding too much fault with Rudolph. Obviously agitated by being taken down by Garrett after he'd already gotten rid of the ball. Garrett wrapped him up a split second after he got rid of the ball but the takedown came a couple of seconds later and was completely unnecessary and late, if you ask me. Trying to take off his helmet, a bad idea and don't know what good he thought was going to come from that but I see why he was agitated and then his action, in turn, agitated Garrett.

DeCastro was a pro about it all and protected his QB without the use of unsportsmanlike conduct. Would hope he'd not even get fined and rather be pointed to as a shining example of how that type thing should be handled.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You are completely ignoring the fact Garrett was in the wrong long before the helmet swinging.

Nobody in football is defending Garrett or minimizing what he did.

You have chosen an interesting position to take in this and you are completely alone. (Well, I bet some blind homer fans from
Cleveland will join you)

Cool, again...not defending Garrett...you are lacking the ability to comprehend the difference between defense and pointing to others being guilty besides just him

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Reviewing it all again, I'm not finding too much fault with Rudolph. Obviously agitated by being taken down by Garrett after he'd already gotten rid of the ball. Garrett wrapped him up a split second after he got rid of the ball but the takedown came a couple of seconds later and was completely unnecessary and late, if you ask me. Trying to take off his helmet, a bad idea and don't know what good he thought was going to come from that but I see why he was agitated and then his action, in turn, agitated Garrett.

DeCastro was a pro about it all and protected his QB without the use of unsportsmanlike conduct. Would hope he'd not even get fined and rather be pointed to as a shining example of how that type thing should be handled.

Surprised the spartan spirit is defending such a bitch.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Didn't DeCastro take Garrett to the ground? Or was that #71?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Better than chick fil a?
cant buy chick fil a on sundays for games

Rudolph did start it, stupid white boy tried to get Garretts helmet off without un snapping the chin guard when they were on the ground. You want the helmet, he gets it, not Garrett is the bad guy?

These pass rushers are constantly getting flagged for touching a quarterback when they have the ball in their hands. these quarterbacks want 150 million dollar guaranteed contracts, but dont want get hit.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Didn't DeCastro take Garrett to the ground? Or was that #71?

He did, but I think he was mostly trying to break it up. That's what it looked like. He threw no punches and seemed to keep his cool pretty well.