DE Garrett Just Swung a Helmet at QB Rudolph

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
@Spartan, it was in reference to your defense of Rudolph. You said he tried to rip Garret's helmet off, but didn't succeed, therefore innocent. I don't think things work that way.

Relax big guy. No need to get upset because you choose to stay out of the loop about what is happening with your gov. It was an allusion to Trump, and a comment on your defense of Rudolph. But nice sidestep.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rudolph did not take matters into his own hands. I highly doubt he's dumb enough to pick a fight with Garrett. He reacted to a situation. Even his reaction could have likely gone unnoticed until Garrett was seen blatantly pulling his face mask and then ripping his helmet off.

Umm Rudolph continued to go after Garett after they were separated. That is taking matters in own hands. At that point after being seaprated, let the refs handle it instead of charging at Garett anew.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
You can call it what you want. Rudolph's response was still inappropriate. He conducting himself like a wild dog and almost got put down as a result. Further he is the one that gave Garett the idea to remove the helmet.

Again have no problem with the Garett suspension but if your QB behaves as Rudolph did then more altercations of this nature will happen not less.
:LOL:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Spartan, it was in reference to your defense of Rudolph. You said he tried to rip Garret's helmet off, but didn't succeed, therefore innocent. I don't think things work that way.
Of course things go that way. People are never judged as harshly for intent as they are for actual actions that do cause harm. The end result and the severity of that end result is what lingers and what will get the most harsh punishment. Mere intent is almost meaningless.
Umm Rudolph continued to go after Garett after they were separated. That is taking matters in own hands. At that point after being seaprated, let the refs handle it instead of charging at Garett anew.
You say go after. I've seen other embellish it even more and say Rudolph attacked him. I didn't see it like that. Rudolph was just shouting in protest of Garrett's actions and posing no physical threat at all.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Rudolph escalated it...but then Garrett really escalated it with the helmet swing.

At some point the reaction to the initial instigation becomes unjustified. Garrett definitely took it to the unjustified territory.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rudolph escalated it...but then Garrett really escalated it with the helmet swing.

At some point the reaction to the initial instigation becomes unjustified. Garrett definitely took it to the unjustified territory.

Dont think anyone is arguing otherwise regarding Garrett. He deserves a suspension. Question is about Rudolph's punishment for escalating.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You say go after. I've seen other embellish it even more and say Rudolph attacked him. I didn't see it like that. Rudolph was just shouting in protest of Garrett's actions and posing no physical threat at all.

Umm no. Garrett was being restrained and Rudolph was running up to him. That would be seen as a physical threat to any reasonable person.

He just never made good on the threat because Garrett met said threat with the helmet.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Dont think anyone is arguing otherwise regarding Garrett. He deserves a suspension. Question is about Rudolph's punishment for escalating.
Rudolph should get a game or 2.

Garrett is just lucky he didn't land a good blow with the helmet.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rudolph should get a game or 2.

Garrett is just lucky he didn't land a good blow with the helmet.

Yes and that is the debate. Garrett already punished. Rudolph doesnt look like he will at least not in games.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Also add in the fact that Myles Garrett is just a fucking monster next to Rudolph. The physical difference between the 2 is probably comparable to the difference between an average man and an average woman.

Much bigger, much stronger, much more athletic, and he also was wielding a weapon.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Umm no. Garrett was being restrained and Rudolph was running up to him. That would be seen as a physical threat to any reasonable person.

He just never made good on the threat because Garrett met said threat with the helmet.
In all fairness Garrett just finished ripping his helmet off his head freaking Sub Zero fatality Mortal Kombat style. Almost took Rudoloh's head and spine attached with the helmet. Anybody would be livid after that.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Yes and that is the debate. Garrett already punished. Rudolph doesnt look like he will at least not in games.
Yeah Rudolph should be punished, Garrett is the one who turned it from an aggressive scuffle into an ugly incident, but Rudolph shares a bit of the blame as well.

If Garrett did that to Brady or Rodgers though he'd be on death row lmao.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Rudolph agitated it but Garrett really escalated it when he grabbed hold of Rudolph's face mask and yanked his helmet off, all right in front of the ref standing, no more, than 1 foot away. How stupid would you like to be? It looked like Garrett wanted to punch him in the face while he was down at that point, then decided to take his helmet off first.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I was a little floored that Garrett even attempted to swing the helmet towards anyone at that point, considering how strict the NFL is on helmet to helmet contact.

See Damarious Randall...

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Rudolph just wanted his helmet back.....but not that way.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
You realize Garrett has him by the helmet here and is in the process of yanking it off his fucking head?

Kick a grown man in the junk and you deserve whats coming to you. Rudolph is the bad guy in this 100% and the racial bias of the situation prevented him from getting suspended. Rudolph is a punk and lucky Garrett didn't break his neck.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Kick a grown man in the junk and you deserve whats coming to you. Rudolph is the bad guy in this 100% and the racial bias of the situation prevented him from getting suspended. Rudolph is a punk and lucky Garrett didn't break his neck.
Come on man this is just ridiculous.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Myles Garret: 6'4.75," 272 pounds, 4.64 40, 33 reps on bench, 10ft8in broad jump, 41 in vertical.

Mason Rudolph: 6'4.5," 235 pounds, 4.90 40, 8ft11in broad jump, 28.5in vertical

Even if a dude is angry and coming at you, you shouldn't just unleash on him if they're much smaller and much weaker.

If a woman was coming at me like Rudolph was coming at Garrett, I wouldn't even slap her much less swing at her with a fucking object that I could potentially kill her with.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
100%

I can restrain myselve when I get my nose broken by someone who's clock I could literally clean for breakfast but same dude krav maga's me in the dink and I'm going to shove one of my turds down his throat. #bookit