Destiny

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Just looked it up and Xur has the icebreaker for 17 strange coins. I think I'm going to buy that and just do another round of vanguard and see if I can get a legendary gun through that.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I took my faction cloak off after I bought the leg armor as I didn't like the guns for FWC. I haven't decided if I should put on the Dead Orbit cloak or just stick with no faction and up my vanguard. I'm already at 1-1/4 through it. Once I hit 2 I can buy armor.

Hopefully Xur has something decent as I have I think 17 strange coins.

Xur is here already...

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2y4d2w/news_xûr_megathread_03615_03815/

If you don't have Ice Breaker.... get it. My favorite gun, even if you don't like sniper rifles.

NameTypeStatsCurrencyCost
Helm of Saint-14
Titan Helmet106/114 IntellectSC
Young Ahamkara's SpineHunter Gauntlet91/98 DisciplineSC13
Skull of Dire AhamkaraWarlock Helmet94/101 IntellectSC13
Ice BreakerSniper RifleFantasticSC17
Exotic ShardMaterialSC7
Exotic EngramBody ArmorMoL23

Go look at the stocks of all 4 factions (including vanguard) and find the gun you want. Then go with that path. Also don't forget if you play crucible you should be leveling that up to for those marks and gear.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is Xur selling Heavy Ammo Syns this week? I stocked up and got like 200 of those a couple of weeks ago but have nothing else to spend strange coins on.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Is Xur selling Heavy Ammo Syns this week? I stocked up and got like 200 of those a couple of weeks ago but have nothing else to spend strange coins on.

Yeah he is... and am I wrong in thinking that heavy ammo syth is different than what the gunsmith sells for glimmer?

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is selling Heavy Ammo.

If you're a Defender Titan, Helm of Saint-14 is the best exotic armor so it's a must buy.

He's supposed to be selling MIDA Multi-tool in the coming weeks. Can't wait. I want that so bad.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
He is selling Heavy Ammo.

If you're a Defender Titan, Helm of Saint-14 is the best exotic armor so it's a must buy.

He's supposed to be selling MIDA Multi-tool in the coming weeks. Can't wait. I want that so bad.
Yeah, next to Ice Breaker that's one I've been hoping he sells. It's not the greatest gun in the world but it is for my play style. I can't wait till next week.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah he is... and am I wrong in thinking that heavy ammo syth is different than what the gunsmith sells for glimmer?

No it's the same. Before the expansion, it was easy to amass glimmer and there was nothing good you could buy with it except for Heavy Ammo. After the expansion, Glimmer is a bit harder to come by especially when I only play raids and weeklies now so I save my glimmer for upgrading weapons and use strange coin instead as Xur rarely sells anything I need for Strange Coin anymore.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
So after 5 hours of play today, I hadn't gotten any legendary items. So I went and bought the gauntlet from Xur (exotic item) and sure as shit the next vanguard I play, I get TWO fucking legendary engrams! Wtf!

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I saw this and thought it was funny as hell.

[video=youtube;bUIvhQPPCRg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUIvhQPPCRg[/video]

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Hahahaha, that's was pretty much accurate on all accounts. The loot system is the biggest turn off for me. I've been having fun with the game, but when at the end of a strike and I've got the most kills, assists and done the most damage and the least productive member walks away with a legendary engram while I get one of the many rare items I've already discarded that day, it gets pretty fucking annoying.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Completed Crota's End on Hard just now. Started this morning with a fresh run and we made it to Crota pretty quickly but after several wipes people left the group. Went on reddit tonight to find a group to help me finish Crota off and we did it after about 7 or 8 wipes. It's definitely doable with level 31's. We had two in our group, myself included, and it wasn't an issue at all. Glitches were our main issue. Got the Glowhoo shader and Fang of Ir Yut, the two things I wanted most out of Crota's loot table. The reset is tomorrow and I'm going to run through Normal mode again in hopes of getting the boots that have been evading me, then becoming level 32.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So after 5 hours of play today, I hadn't gotten any legendary items. So I went and bought the gauntlet from Xur (exotic item) and sure as shit the next vanguard I play, I get TWO fucking legendary engrams! Wtf!

Sounds like a good thing. Did you buy ice breaker? I hope you bought ice breaker.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Sounds like a good thing. Did you buy ice breaker? I hope you bought ice breaker.

Didn't have enough strange coins and wasn't going to by the end of the weekend. I ended up getting the gauntlet for hunter and have already maxed it out. I'm doing vanguards, crucible and bounties with the DOC cloak on so I can buy their weapons. I prefer the auto rifles and scout rifle.

Wanted the ice breaker but I was about 5 coins shorter than I originally thought I had.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Didn't have enough strange coins and wasn't going to by the end of the weekend. I ended up getting the gauntlet for hunter and have already maxed it out. I'm doing vanguards, crucible and bounties with the DOC cloak on so I can buy their weapons. I prefer the auto rifles and scout rifle.

Wanted the ice breaker but I was about 5 coins shorter than I originally thought I had.

Had you run the weekly on hard? That gets you 9...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Completed Crota's End on Hard just now. Started this morning with a fresh run and we made it to Crota pretty quickly but after several wipes people left the group. Went on reddit tonight to find a group to help me finish Crota off and we did it after about 7 or 8 wipes. It's definitely doable with level 31's. We had two in our group, myself included, and it wasn't an issue at all. Glitches were our main issue. Got the Glowhoo shader and Fang of Ir Yut, the two things I wanted most out of Crota's loot table. The reset is tomorrow and I'm going to run through Normal mode again in hopes of getting the boots that have been evading me, then becoming level 32.

I did a run last night with just 4 people. As long as the time is good and has maxed out Gallys or tracking Rocket launchers it's pretty easy. The first part, a hunter can go invisible and finish on his own. The second part all you need is for one person to cross the bridge and then the Warlocks can die which despawns the baddies and then revive using Radiance at which point all you need to do is get up high and kill the Ogres. On the Deathsinger, you just spam your rocket launchers and then on Crota as long as you can do the heavy weapon glitch to get unlimited heavy ammo and basically take down Crota with 3 or 4 rockets.

I actually find that Crota is easier with 4 or 5 people rather than 6 because really I find the hardest part of the Crota fight is getting in and out of the Ogre room after the second run. Inevitably the more people the more chances of one of them getting killed and then having to worry about the Oversoul.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bungie changed Xur's loot for this week. They put out a hot fix Tuesday to give them admin tools that "enable us to better inspect and manage databases". Before the patch he was supposed to be selling Universal Remote this week. After the patch he's selling Red Death. That probably means the end to data mining.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Bungie changed Xur's loot for this week. They put out a hot fix Tuesday to give them admin tools that "enable us to better inspect and manage databases". Before the patch he was supposed to be selling Universal Remote this week. After the patch he's selling Red Death. That probably means the end to data mining.
Actually, they already have a work around. I guess there are just more streams now and they have to work harder but it can still be done. At least that's what I read.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
So, I'm slowly starting to lose interest in this game. It was great the first 50 hours of game play, but you can only do the same fucking bounties over and over again while trying to get gear via vanguards and crucible (which I don't care for as despite them saying levels are all equal the fucking icebreaker is one shot anywhere TKO) is exhausting. I guess this is why I was never really into MMORPG cause there's so much time needed to consume that is well more than i currently have and I've spend hours on end playing this game (almost 40 last week+weekend).

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So, I'm slowly starting to lose interest in this game. It was great the first 50 hours of game play, but you can only do the same fucking bounties over and over again while trying to get gear via vanguards and crucible (which I don't care for as despite them saying levels are all equal the fucking icebreaker is one shot anywhere TKO) is exhausting. I guess this is why I was never really into MMORPG cause there's so much time needed to consume that is well more than i currently have and I've spend hours on end playing this game (almost 40 last week+weekend).

With Iron Crucible running, if you want to play some regular crucible now is the time as most of the hard cores are playing iron crucible... but yeah, it can get stale, especailly if you don't have a crew to run with.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
FINALLY got the raid boots to drop for my Warlock after countless tries. Just gotta level them up and I'm finally level 32.

I'm gonna run through Hard mode until I get the Crux and Word of Crota then I'm done with it. It's just not fun at all. Especially right now as a 31.

Really wish they'd add another difficulty level to VoG when the next DLC drops. VoG is still the better raid, IMO.