CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
08.jpg

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the fact that you know some things that other people are ignorant of makes you smart? And me being ignorant of the things you know makes me stupid? Honest question from a man of average height...
What is average height? Do you even know, dummy? :troll:

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
So the fact that you know some things that other people are ignorant of makes you smart? And me being ignorant of the things you know makes me stupid? Honest question from a man of average height...

No, ignorant people that argue with people about shit they don't know anything about are stupid. Nothing wrong with being ignorant about something. A lot wrong with being ignorant about something and not shutting up and listening to somebody that isn't, tell them about it.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No, ignorant people that argue with people about shit they don't know anything about are stupid. Nothing wrong with being ignorant about something. A lot wrong with being ignorant about something and not shutting up and listening to somebody that isn't, tell them about it.

Maybe some people would be more inclined to listen to you if you changed your approach. Nobody likes to be talked down to like they're some sort of mental midget...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe some people would be more inclined to listen to you if you changed your approach. Nobody likes to be talked down to like they're some sort of mental midget...

Some people just have a short fuse with stuff like that.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:

I'm not here to coddle you because you're sensitive. I speak the facts. If you're wrong I'll tell you so, and if you're dumb and argue I'll tell you what a fucking idiot you are.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A lot wrong with being ignorant about something and not shutting up and listening to somebody that isn't, tell them about it.

I agree. That's why when anything remotely related to biology is concerned, I listen to the bot man.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adding a meal doesn't mean you increased your caloric intake. At the end of the day you consumed fewer calories, or you wouldn't have lost weight. As for the rest of it, I don't doubt but I'd say most of it can be attributed to confirmation bias.

Scales are susceptible to confirmation bias?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So anybody want to recommend a decently priced juicer?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Stoned one may be an expert in this subject, IDK. It's funny how so many of these different "experts" have different opinions on what is best. Then you'll always hear how different people react to different diets and exercise programs so I'd say fuck the expert advice and do whatever you feel works best for you.

I've always generally let myself gain 20-30 pounds in the winter and then take it all off in a month or 2 before the warmer months come around. Never counted calories but always knew when I was eating more or less than I should be and always felt if what I was eating was making me feel better or worse so I just totally go by the feel of it all. Tried many different exercise routines over the years to achieve different results here and there. Always seem to arrive at my target when I want to even in my later years. My point to it all would be if it makes you feel better and gets you to where you want to be, don't worry about the nutritional science of it all.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Stoned one may be an expert in this subject, IDK. It's funny how so many of these different "experts" have different opinions on what is best. Then you'll always hear how different people react to different diets and exercise programs so I'd say fuck the expert advice and do whatever you feel works best for you.

Seriously. I hear so many people talk about exercise programs and nutrition and they all say that everyone else is wrong. For people that don't know much about it, it's difficult to figure out who to listen to because, shit, they all sound like they know what they're talking about. So I agree... find what works for you and stick with it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not steroids but with veggies and fruit! I recently watched a documentary called "fat, sick and nearly dead" and my head has been spinning ever since. I'm not an unhealthy guy, but I could do much better in my food consumption. So I've been watching all sorts of shit along the subject and I finally broke down and bought a juicer yesterday!

I must say overall, after a 65$ fruit and veggie run, I'm enjoying my first few drinks(meals). It's amazing how much of the stuff you can put through the juicer to give you 800ml or so.

My first drink consisted of kale, celery, cucumber, tomato, carrots and parsley. The taste was overall decent but not great, but after about halfway I could feel my stomach kinda turning in itself, so I fridged the leftovers. A couple hours later and feeling a little better, I got hungry and finished off my drink. I had an all fruit blend for dinner and I was full until bedtime.

Does anyone else juice or have recipes???
Can you recommend a juicer?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My brother in law juices and swears by it. He convinced my wife to buy one, which she did and promptly broke (and those things aren't cheap). Instead of buying a new one, we just resorted to eating the stuff we were going to blend in its natural state. That way, we figure, we avoid any of the nutrients getting lost (I don't know if it's true that you lose a lot of them when you turn the ingredients into juice, but eating them pre-juiced can't hurt).

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I juice every day for breakfast. I also add chlorella, protein powder (25 grams), ground flax, and a micronutrient powder.

When I first started, I could tell a change within 2 days. My energy level was way higher. Started my day faster and did not crash after lunch. I also lost over 10 pounds that first month without changing any other habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.