Does anyone here "juice"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think the attraction is in how easy it is to gulp down a drink compared with biting, chewing and eating the 6/8/10 different fruits and veggies that might be in the meal.

Side note - an apple has about a hundred calories, which a person of average size will burn by running a mile.[/QUOTE]

What about a person of Napoleonic size?

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You dipshits do realize that fruits and vegetables many times are incredibly LOW in calories right? You basically burn off an apple taking a shit.

Care to present any peer reviewed scientific research that supports "juicing" as opposed to I don't know..just eating a fucking apple like a normal person?

You're the dipshit around here, not us. Please don't post in this thread anymore, thanks.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think once my "big boss" breaks down I'll go the vitaminX route. How much did that unite cost you Bot?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think the attraction
Cool. But it's not magic, and it's simply just a calorie reduction. That's it. There's no magic about it being in "juice form".

I had to laugh that someone in here went to their doctor and basically cleared it with them that they were going to start taking in larger amounts of fruits and vegetables. Well, no shit the doctor gave it an ok. It has zero to do with "juice" and 100% to do with what you are actually taking in and the caloric load of it, regardless of it's physical state.

Side note - an apple has about a hundred calories, which a person of average size will burn by running a mile.
You could also burn it off by chewing gum all day at work.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
you can get them at costco for around 350 last time I checked, not sure wut that is in Canadian dollars.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the attraction is in how easy it is to gulp down a drink compared with biting, chewing and eating the 6/8/10 different fruits and veggies that might be in the meal.

Side note - an apple has about a hundred calories, which a person of average size will burn by running a mile.

Exactly, it's about doubling and even tripling the intact of raw fruit and vegetable. Juicing offers myself and others an easy an effective way of doing this while still being pretty active with daily activities.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Cool. But it's not magic, and it's simply just a calorie reduction. That's it. There's no magic about it being in "juice form".

I had to laugh that someone in here went to their doctor and basically cleared it with them that they were going to start taking in larger amounts of fruits and vegetables. Well, no shit the doctor gave it an ok. It has zero to do with "juice" and 100% to do with what you are actually taking in and the caloric load of it, regardless of it's physical state.

Do you not see the benefit of getting multiple different fruits and vegetables in your tummy all at once, quick and easy? Even those that are really good for you but you hate, but are masked by the other things you throw in the shake?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do you not see the benefit of getting multiple different fruits and vegetables in your tummy all at once, quick and easy? Even those that are really good for you but you hate, but are masked by the other things you throw in the shake?

Not really(from a purely weight loss perspective), because I can lose the same amount of weight by eating twinkies in the proper caloric ratio.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Exactly, it's about doubling and even tripling the intact of raw fruit and vegetable. Juicing offers myself and others an easy an effective way of doing this while still being pretty active with daily activities.

Cool story. All you're doing(from a weight loss angle) is cutting calories. Nothing more. Nothing less. You could do the same thing by pureeing a pancake.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not really(from a purely weight loss perspective), because I can lose the same amount of weight by eating twinkies in the proper caloric ratio.

That's fair enough, I'm coming from purely a nutritional perspective.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't think they are talking strictly from a weight loss angle. Are fruits and vegetables good for you? Yes. Is juicing an effective way to consume more fruits and vegetables? Also yes. Most people don't get enough in their diet and it's a fairly easy and efficient way to do it. End of story.

The only objection I have to this whole thing, is the documentary referenced at the very beginning. That dude tries to frame juicing like some kind of magical panacea. From what I remember anyways...I watched it a long time ago.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think they are talking strictly from a weight loss angle. Are fruits and vegetables good for you? Yes. Is juicing an effective way to consume more fruits and vegetables? Also yes. Most people don't get enough in their diet and it's a fairly easy and efficient way to do it. End of story.

The only objection I have to this whole thing, is the documentary referenced at the very beginning. That dude tries to frame juicing like some kind of magical panacea. From what I remember anyways...I watched it a long time ago.

Well, it CAN be pretty magical. Think about all of the enzymes you get from raw fruits/veggies. Those enzymes can do the digestive work, freeing up your liver and kidneys to detoxification effort. That's what makes juice fasting so beneficial.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didn't cut calories. Actually increased calories.

The problem is you have people like botfly above and HHM below posting this BS.

Well, it CAN be pretty magical. Think about all of the enzymes you get from raw fruits/veggies. Those enzymes can do the digestive work, freeing up your liver and kidneys to detoxification effort. That's what makes juice fasting so beneficial.

texas-fan-reacts-to-ucla-loss-o.gif

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Oh I agree, it's purely a convenience thing. But being that easy to consume a high volume of fruits and veggies is likely to make lazy people like me do it more often.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Bingo

Status
Not open for further replies.