CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don't get how the fact that a juicer separates the fiber is beneficial. If you're doing a cleanse, wouldn't you want that fiber to clear you out? Plus, I've read recently that consuming a lot of fiber tricks your body into thinking it's more full than it actually is. If you're cutting calories through juicing, that sounds like something you would want to keep.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I drink Beer, therefore I exercise to burn off the excess calories. In theory. I play Basketball in a league, plus practice a couple times during the week. I ride a road bike or get on my trainer couple nights a week and am about to start P90X, just so I can continue to consume about 3500-4000 calories a day. Man I love eating and drinking.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't get how the fact that a juicer separates the fiber is beneficial. If you're doing a cleanse, wouldn't you want that fiber to clear you out? Plus, I've read recently that consuming a lot of fiber tricks your body into thinking it's more full than it actually is. If you're cutting calories through juicing, that sounds like something you would want to keep.

I advocate for this approach. Just eating the stuff you would juice raw seems like a no-lose situation to me. (And has been -- I've lost 20 pounds)

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

If you're doing a cleanse you're Special person.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
I think the attraction is in how easy it is to gulp down a drink compared with biting, chewing and eating the 6/8/10 different fruits and veggies that might be in the meal.

Side note - an apple has about a hundred calories, which a person of average size will burn by running a mile.

Don't worry bro, two pounds of muscle will burn that in a day lmao.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I applaud all that are trying or are eating healthy. It doesn't matter how, just get healthy! Like I've already said, I'm 6 feet tall and weigh 183. Weight loss really isn't my goal, even though I could lose a few pounds. A healthy way of life is what everyone should focus on and is my main focus.

99% of people that I know that workout regularly and eat healthy, they want nothing more than to help others achieve the same goals or at the very least give them tips and such.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A side note, my breakfast consisted of a grapefruit, an orange, 2 apples and 2 carrots. This my third day of juicing for breakfast(like bot I never used to do breakfast) and I feel great! My side juice for lunch consisted of a beet, a head of broccoli, kale, parsley, lettuce and a couple carrots to go with my tuna sandwich.

Overall, I'm really happy with my food consumption during the last 3 days and I plan to keep it up!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Don't worry bro, two pounds of muscle will burn that in a day lmao.

I already admitted that I read that wrong a small amount of time ago. Continuing to bash me with it seems beneath you. I feel like I've drawn the short straw here. What do you say we put this dwarf of an issue behind us and make up over a half pint of beer?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A side note, my breakfast consisted of a grapefruit, an orange, 2 apples and 2 carrots. This my third day of juicing for breakfast(like bot I never used to do breakfast) and I feel great! My side juice for lunch consisted of a beet, a head of broccoli, kale, parsley, lettuce and a couple carrots to go with my tuna sandwich.

Overall, I'm really happy with my food consumption during the last 3 days and I plan to keep it up!
So you used to never eat in the morning and now feel great after giving your body energy(including a good amount of sugar) in the AM.

WEIRD!?!?!

Last edited:

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
I already admitted that I read that wrong a small amount of time ago. Continuing to bash me with it seems beneath you. I feel like I've drawn the short straw here. What do you say put this dwarf of an issue behind us and make up over a half pint of beer?

You are dumb. I don't know why you post in anything nutrition related. You don't know anything about it. And yeah I'm 5'6 you got me. I'm also shredded, and one of the strongest people in the world at my weight class. I can't grow, but you can educate yourself. You choose to be stupid.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are dumb. I don't know why you post in anything nutrition related. You don't know anything about it. And yeah I'm 5'6 you got me. I'm also shredded, and one of the strongest people in the world at my weight class. I can't grow, but you can educate yourself. You choose to be stupid.

Lol you know more than me about one topic; one that you have admitted to researching for over a decade. Congrats. If you've spent a decade researching something you fucking well ought to know about it. I still think bot was correct about the cellular breakdown of different foods leading to varying degrees and speeds of energy availability, but I'm not going to argue about it. It's not that big a deal.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
Lol you know more than me about one topic; one that you have admitted to researching for over a decade. Congrats. If you've spent a decade researching something you fucking well ought to know about it. I still think bot was correct about the cellular breakdown of different foods leading to varying degrees and speeds of energy availability, but I'm not going to argue about it. It's not that big a deal.

He was talking about nutrient timing. I said it was nonsense that eating within 30 minutes of waking is needed.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
RS it looks like Mick was trying to let it go.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:

That's somewhat true. You also lose nutrients from blending the foods especially if you don't consume them right away.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I already admitted that I read that wrong a small amount of time ago. Continuing to bash me with it seems beneath you. I feel like I've drawn the short straw here. What do you say we put this dwarf of an issue behind us and make up over a half pint of beer?

I commend your efforts Bearmick, to be the bigger man here and come on bended knee even if you are at the height of your frustrations on this little disagreement.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I commend your efforts Bearmick, to be the bigger man here and come on bended knee even if you are at the height of your frustrations on this little disagreement.

You sir, have been great this whole thread.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So, I guess there's no Dr. Mercola fans up in this bitch. That's cool.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So is the consensus that blending, juicing, or in any way liquidizing fruits and veg causes them to lose their nutritional value?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So is the consensus that blending, juicing, or in any way liquidizing fruits and veg causes them to lose their nutritional value?

Aside from fiber, I do not believe so? :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.