Does anyone here "juice"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
Seriously. I hear so many people talk about exercise programs and nutrition and they all say that everyone else is wrong. For people that don't know much about it, it's difficult to figure out who to listen to because, shit, they all sound like they know what they're talking about. So I agree... find what works for you and stick with it.

That's because people are trying to sell something. The answers are so simple.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I use a vitamix which is a blender and not a juicer. I like it better cause I like to keep the fiber in.
Holy fuck the prices. Anything for a poor public school teacher?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Ya know....I always thought of you as a guy above those kinds of things.

Sorry, I hope you didn't call your local department store :eek:

"Hello, this is Bed Bath and Beyond"
"Hi, I'm looking for a Venus 2000"
"Sure, hold on while I check..........Sir, are you still there?"
"Yeah"
"I'm not seeing any Venus 2000 in our inventory, what is that?"
"It's supposed to be the best juicer on the market, recommended by men everywhere"
"Well, have you tried looking on our website? If it's not there, then I'm sorry that I can't help."
"In that case, what's the closest thing you sell to a Venus 2000? Maybe you can ask someone in your juicing department?"
"Sir, we have no juicing department"
"well FFUUUUUUUUU" *hangs up*

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A Vitamix can just about crush concrete...lol..We have one

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Sorry, I hope you didn't call your local department store :eek:

"Hello, this is Bed Bath and Beyond"
"Hi, I'm looking for a Venus 2000"
"Sure, hold on while I check..........Sir, are you still there?"
"Yeah"
"I'm not seeing any Venus 2000 in our inventory, what is that?"
"It's supposed to be the best juicer on the market, recommended by men everywhere"
"Well, have you tried looking on our website? If it's not there, then I'm sorry that I can't help."
"In that case, what's the closest thing you sell to a Venus 2000? Maybe you can ask someone in your juicing department?"
"Sir, we have no juicing department"
"well FFUUUUUUUUU" *hangs up*
Here I am just looking for a nice recommendation on a juicer/blender, because apparently you can't trust those on store websites, and you want me to purchase a FOURTH Venus 2000.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I bought a Blendtec a while ago(yes, the "Will it blend videos" got to me). It's a tank and I use that for all things like this and more. Never owned an actual juicer. As was said, keep the fibers.

Between Vitamix and Blendtec, you can't go wrong for a high end blender. But when you need to drop the price, the next best thing is the Breville Hemisphere for $200, then the Kitchenaid 5speed diamonds for $150. After that, you're stuck with mid-range Osters($60) that sometimes last forever but blending takes about 2-3x as long as the higher end(and cleanup takes longer too) and Black and Decker's that also work fairly well, but are in the same boat of being dependable with good models, but take longer to blend and clean.

Actual juicers are a joke IMO. If I ever met anyone that used juicers that lasted more than a year, then I don't remember, because nearly everyone I know breaks their juicer one way or another within 6-7 months. Even the high end stuff.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My friend has a blender where the container is a single serving shake sized glass. The blade screws onto the top and you flip it over onto the base. I don't know the brand, but its pretty damn nice and convenient.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My friend has a blender where the container is a single serving shake sized glass. The blade screws onto the top and you flip it over onto the base. I don't know the brand, but its pretty damn nice and convenient.

The bullet?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didn't cut calories. Actually increased calories.

Lol at retards that don't buy this shit.

Exactly, I've consumed more fruits and veggies in the last 2 days than I likely did in the past 2 weeks. Already I feel a difference in my energy level.

You dipshits do realize that fruits and vegetables many times are incredibly LOW in calories right? You basically burn off an apple taking a shit.

Care to present any peer reviewed scientific research that supports "juicing" as opposed to I don't know..just eating a fucking apple like a normal person?

Last edited:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rosetta makes me laugh. He's consistently right and manages to be the biggest asshole on the planet with his delivery. It's like if Rory and FirstTimer were 10X better at trolling and actually knew what they were talking about half the time.

Except I do. All the time. Nice try.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You dipshits do realize that fruits and vegetables many times are incredibly LOW in calories right? You basically burn off an apple taking a shit.

Care to present any peer reviewed scientific research that supports "juicing" as opposed to I don't know..just eating a fucking apple like a normal person?
Im not into juicing at all, and know nothing on the subject. But from the few articles Ive read on fruits and vegetables, the authors all agree that its better to eat the items than to juice em. There is natural fiber in the item itself that you lose in juicing. Plus, eating the item itself fills you up. I dont know how a glass of juice can satisfy hunger, but eating 2 apples, 1 banana, 2 peaches etc would do a pretty good job IMO

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I think the attraction is in how easy it is to gulp down a drink compared with biting, chewing and eating the 6/8/10 different fruits and veggies that might be in the meal.

Side note - an apple has about a hundred calories, which a person of average size will burn by running a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.