Duncan Keith Receives 5-Game Suspension

R K

Even worse as I said before there is a "dirty player" handing down the suspensions. Least he knows since Shanahan was responsible for many of the things he's not suspending players for.

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
Who ever mentioned getting rid of the instigator penalty is right on the money Players can't take care of the weasel's in the game because of the instigator penalty. The refs are suppossed to be doing this but when they don't officiate consistently players feel like they have to settle the score in some way and earn a Shanaban. Get rid of the instigator penalty. Problem solved. Make the weasel's pay immediately on the ice. I for one, hate this PC drive to make hockey soccer on ice.

My friends are sick of me crabbing about that rule. These guys are hockey players...a punch in the nose teaches faster/better than getting "spoken to" at the league office, and, aside from being far more effective, has a heck of a lot more entertainment value!

Variable

Liked Posts:
Bob Mackenzie just tweeted the league has requested an in person hearing for Keith. Maybe the medical report came back and Sedin is buggered for awhile. It could be 6+ games.

I'm still trying to understand how they rule harsher penalties pending on the injury and how they think that's the right way of doing it and why no one seriously questions them on it I don't get that at all. This isn't the first time it's happened where a penalty is lesser, or nonexistent in this case it seems, because the player that was the recipient of the illegal hit didn't miss any time and/or wasn't hurt on the play. I think that's bullshit. It doesn't make whatever hit is in question any less dangerous or less reckless. You protect the dirty players by bailing them out on those kind of lesser penalties. Judge them the same, because no two players will have the same exact kind of reaction to head trauma. Just because Keith's brain wasn't actually put into orbit with Toews' doesn't mean Sedin wasn't trying to do that. It was clear he was.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even worse as I said before there is a "dirty player" handing down the suspensions. Least he knows since Shanahan was responsible for many of the things he's not suspending players for.

I have to admit that I find Shanahan's handling of disciplinary issues to be a breath of fresh air. There is never going to be perfect symmetry between every ruling but I think his decisions are made by factors that are documented and he also shares those reasonings publicly in his videos.

I hope in DK's case that all circumstances of that game are discussed not just his incident.

And yes, get rid of the instigator!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why get rid of the instigator? Fighting doesn't have any place in the game anyways! /durple

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Not a single Vancouver suspension this season. I'd love to find out who Shanny's player agent was, since I'm starting to suspect it was Mike Gillis

R K

I have to admit that I find Shanahan's handling of disciplinary issues to be a breath of fresh air. There is never going to be perfect symmetry between every ruling but I think his decisions are made by factors that are documented and he also shares those reasonings publicly in his videos.

I hope in DK's case that all circumstances of that game are discussed not just his incident.

And yes, get rid of the instigator!

so you are ok with all the inconsistancies. Cool.

R K

Why get rid of the instigator? Fighting doesn't have any place in the game anyways! /durple

Of course not. That indicates Diret Hits to the Head. These are millionares careers we are talking about here.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
In person hearing for 2:00 EST. Safe to assume it's more than 5 games now.

Bullshit.

R K

Canuck fan.. "Mike Gillis doesn't bitch about officiating. Get a clue unless you have proof"

They are seriously in fucking denial up there.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a single Vancouver suspension this season. I'd love to find out who Shanny's player agent was, since I'm starting to suspect it was Mike Gillis

Rick Curran.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
Hey, here's the way I look at this --
  • Keith plastered the SOB but good -- That's a good thing
  • It REALLY pissed off the Knuckleheads -- That's a good thing
  • Keith will likely get a long suspension (e.g., more than a couple games) -- That's a good thing because it gives him some nice rest before the playoffs AND it means that Shannabum is exactly who we think he is - a douchebag
  • The Knuckleheads are now focusing on this rather than hockey -- That's good thing because, again, it means an early exit from the playoffs.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good I hope he's suspended for the remainder of the regular season. More rest for him.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
Good I hope he's suspended for the remainder of the regular season. More rest for him.

We agree on something?
<

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
If sedin, or burrows is not suspended .....then I'm sorry this is a horribly run league and can take notes from the nfl's commish on how to call it fair. Really funny how we win the game yet the nucks get off better. Fucken bitches!

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:

kinda throws a wrench into our run though. We have a legit shot at the 4-5 seed.