Duncan Keith Receives 5-Game Suspension

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Completely disagree.

Reverse the situation. You have to go no further than Toews. You would be throwing a tantrum if the NHL overstepped Blackhawks team doctors to assess his situation (and his possible return time). The NHLPA would never allow that.

Agree

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:

I am talking abou if they are faking it or not. Not to let the NHL decide when the player returns. Just to make sure the team is not faking an injury to get a lengthier suspenion handed out to the other player involved in the incident. Thats what I mean.

Variable

Liked Posts:
But why do they even base if off the severity of the injury? Isn't that backwards?

Variable

Liked Posts:
I think hockey should consider another league for representation.

R K

At that other place...

Anyone else finding it odd it is taking this long to come out?

They are discussing how bad they are going to look after suspending Duncan more games than Doan, a repeat offender.

It's pretty comical actually. Will Sedin get a game for his shoulder to head? Obviously they let Burrows slide for both the kneeing and Pulling hair.

And come to think of "hit" Burrows punched Kane right in the HEAD and was given a RGH penalty. I believe, that's a HIT TO THE HEAD as well. Oh well, Kane didnt fall down and cry to the GM/Coach.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After 5 PM. Unpopular annoucements seem to happen after that time on Fridays

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like Montador is almost ready to return if Keith has lengthy suspension, so maybe no or minimal OD.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
remember all the other suspension hearings that took four hours?

me neither.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Best comment I saw was on ESPN:

"Umm, Toews has not played for 19-20 games right? He was the victim of repeated head-hunting hits in the San Jose game, when he first sustained a concussion that really developed several games down the road. Cross checks to the head. Punches to the head. Head being rammed into the boards - watch the replay of the SJ game and it is quite clear that there was intent to injure Toews. Period. Not one SJ player was suspended for their actions. It has been said here, but Rafi Torres got ZERO games and ZERO fine for taking a 50 foot b-line at full speed, launching himself like a human missile, and targeting Seabrook's head with his shoulder. He could have killed him. Keith threw an elbow, has never been suspended before, but has been victimized plenty by headshots like golden boy sedin planted on him minutes before the elbow. Because of the media pressure, and court of public opinion, Shanahan's hand is being forced and I suspect the double standard will be alive and well when he hands down the suspension. Sickening."

Vancouver gets what they want when they whine and cry. Gotta please the kids, eh NHL?

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Due to all this waiting BS, here's my frustration time wasting moment...

My early favorite for the "Ironic Last Name of the Year" award...

Pumphrey.jpg

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gotta love the politics on this one...

My relaistic side is hoping Monty is doing well.

My frosty side is hoping that the deliberations are the NHL bigwigs preemptively blocking their numbers from Gillis.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Duncan Keith went through with his scheduled conference call with the department of player safety at 1 PM CT. After a lengthy four hours, the league finally released the details on Keith's suspension.

Chris Kuc reports that Keith received five games for his hit on Daniel Sedin. Here is an explanation of the suspension from Brendan Shanahan.

No suspension of Alexander Burrows' retaliation or Daniel Sedin's hit prior to Keith's retaliation. Another thought, in Shanahan's video explaining the suspension, Andrew Shaw is hit in a dangerous position along the boards. A classic example of hits that Shanahan has cracked down on in the past.

Click here to view the article

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Of course, nothing for Sedin/Burrhole

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A bit on the high-side, but not unreasonable.