Former Bears Coach Says Fields was "Really hard to Watch"

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
A real bears thread stuck in the all sports forum abyss lmfao ccs staff are realy fucking stupid

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
OOOoo...... I don't know....it looks like JF zinged it in there just past the DB's out stretched hand

"Regardless this is not a debate about the offence as a whole, its about Fields as a QB"
--dbldrew
"Getsys has some real head scratcher plays mixed in, but....."
--dbldrew

"BUT" we can't have a discussion without getsy. If JF was calling his own plays....then that would open another door for conversation. Getsy would still be here if he were good. Yeah Getsy got a job. He also got a job with the Bears, even though he was unqualified.

Poles also didn't replace Getsy with a unqualified OC who never called plays nor developed a Qb,

For context we can't keep disregarding JT's analysis of Getsy's play calling and design.
Former QB Was Beyond Fed Up Watching Luke Getsy
you can clearly see the ball change direction and also his hand flex back as the ball hits it. So your example of Fields being good we have an example of a great play design and concept to clear out the endzone corner for kemt from Getsy, fields not being able to read that D that the DB breaking towards claypool an example of Fields throwing it late and bouncing the ball off of the DB hand and he just got lucky it deflected into the chest of claypool, and him just completly missing a wide open Kmet. Your example that you think helps your argument actually points to the problem with fields and is just another example that helps make my point..

The point is that Fields is slow to process and cant read a D because of it.

I understand you want to put all the blame on Getsy but that would only work if Fields was doing everything correctly and the play designs where failing him. When your year 3 QB still cant read a D then the OC play designs are the least of your problems. So again a QB who can not read a D is a BAD QB.

So talking about the oddball plays that Getsy has called has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Fields is slow to process and cant read a D because of it. There is not a lot of superbowl winning QBs out there who cant read a D..

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
OOOoo...... I don't know....it looks like JF zinged it in there just past the DB's out stretched hand

"Regardless this is not a debate about the offence as a whole, its about Fields as a QB"
--dbldrew
"Getsys has some real head scratcher plays mixed in, but....."
--dbldrew

"BUT" we can't have a discussion without getsy. If JF was calling his own plays....then that would open another door for conversation. Getsy would still be here if he were good. Yeah Getsy got a job. He also got a job with the Bears, even though he was unqualified.

Poles also didn't replace Getsy with a unqualified OC who never called plays nor developed a Qb,

For context we can't keep disregarding JT's analysis of Getsy's play calling and design.

you can clearly see the ball change direction and also his hand flex back as the ball hits it. So your example of Fields being good we have an example of a great play design and concept to clear out the endzone corner for kemt from Getsy, fields not being able to read that D that the DB breaking towards claypool an example of Fields throwing it late and bouncing the ball off of the DB hand and he just got lucky it deflected into the chest of claypool, and him just completly missing a wide open Kmet. Your example that you think helps your argument actually points to the problem with fields and is just another example that helps make my point..

I understand you want to put all the blame on Getsy but that would only work if Fields was doing everything correctly and the play designs where failing him. When your year 3 QB still cant read a D then the OC play designs are the least of your problems. So again a QB who can not read a D is a BAD QB.

So talking about the oddball plays that Getsy has called has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Fields is slow to process and cant read a D because of it. There is not a lot of superbowl winning QBs out there who cant read a D..

We might need a side angle. It looks like the ball got there just beyond the out stretched hand of the Db by inches. That looked like a skinny post where JF anticipated the break and threw it. So actually that goes against the 'JF can't throw with anticipation narrative'. JF trusted Claypool to
be there on the break.

Listen to the announcer, he made the same observation I made about the break. He didn't say anything about a "tipped ball"
-----------------------------------------
-
dbldrew

Regardless of the so called slow process narrative 👉What is a key indicator that a Qb can't read
D ?
------------------------------------------
"I understand you want to put all the blame on Getsy but...."
--dbldrew

BUT........I didn't write the article below.......x-NFL Qb JT O'Sullivan wrote it.

PS:
-R&S

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
We might need a side angle. It looks like the ball got there just beyond the out stretched hand of the Db by inches. That looked like a skinny post where JF anticipated the break and threw it. So actually that goes against the 'JF can't throw with anticipation narrative'. JF trusted Claypool to
be there on the break.

Listen to the announcer, he made the same observation I made about the break. He didn't say anything about a "tipped ball"
-
dbldrew

Regardless of the so called slow process narrative 👉What is a key indicator that a Qb can't read
D ?
--dbldrew

BUT........I didn't write the article below.......x-NFL Qb JT O'Sullivan wrote it.

PS:
-R&S
Jf did not throw with anticipation he threw with a reaction to after the break.. you can see it here.. WR has already made his break

jf_late.png

Listen the ball hit the DB hand, you can see the ball change direction in the slowed down gif.. ball hit his hand and deflected into Claypools chest.

JF_deflected ball1.png

Above you can see that ball is heading to claypools left hand, the DB has his hand outstretched

JF_deflected ball2.png
The ball is hitting the DB hand and starting to rotate his hand

JF_deflected ball.png

And look how his hand is now completely rotated because of the ball hitting it.

If you are refusing to accept a slowed down video that clearly shows the ball changing direction after hitting the DB hand then there really is no point in debating anything fields related with you, not much point in debating a backup QB on another team anyway but if clear evidence is being dismissed then whats the point?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
be there on the break.

-
dbldrew

D ?
--dbldrew

PS:
-R&S
Jf did not throw with anticipation he threw with a reaction to after the break.. you can see it here.. WR has already made his break

View attachment 39320

Listen the ball hit the DB hand, you can see the ball change direction in the slowed down gif.. ball hit his hand and deflected into Claypools chest.

View attachment 39321

Above you can see that ball is heading to claypools left hand, the DB has his hand outstretched

View attachment 39322
The ball is hitting the DB hand and starting to rotate his hand

View attachment 39323

And look how his hand is now completely rotated because of the ball hitting it.

If you are refusing to accept a slowed down video that clearly shows the ball changing direction after hitting the DB hand then there really is no point in debating anything fields related with you, not much point in debating a backup QB on another team anyway but if clear evidence is being dismissed then whats the point?

Listen to the announcer, he made the same observation I made about the break. He didn't say anything about a "tipped ball". You disregard what me and the announcer saw. I pointed out that a side angle needs to be seen.

I was watching the slo-mo again just now....the DB grasped for the ball and couldn't get it....the ball never changed trajectory. Look at the DB's hand closing
----------------------------

I notice you harping on JF being a back-up.....well most Qb's are gonna be a back-up to Wilson

--dbldrew

BUT........I didn't write the article below.......x-NFL Qb JT O'Sullivan wrote it. ( you basically avoided this)

-----------------

D ?
I'd like to get your final answer on this

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

@dbldrew

D ?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

@dbldrew

D ?

It's route or even play elimination, what is the D formation pre snap, is the call you have going to work with whatever the D is showing, should you check out of what you have or run it anyway and blame the OC?

But more so it's route elimination, your first read is he going to get open based on what the DB is showing? What direction is his hips/body position will tell you what direction the DB thinks the play is going to go, has the DB guessed correct? Then that route is dead and jump to your next route. Fields is terrible with this aspect.

Or if the DB has guessed incorrectly and his hips/body position are showing he is going the wrong way then he can throw early before the WR makes his break so there is no time for the DB to correct and come back to make a play.. this is throwing with anticipation, again Fields is terrible with this aspect as well

Again here is the video of examples of fields being completely clueless on what is happening and what he should do..

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Listen to the announcer, he made the same observation I made about the break. He didn't say anything about a "tipped ball". You disregard what me and the announcer saw. I pointed out that a side angle needs to be seen.

I was watching the slo-mo again just now....the DB grasped for the ball and couldn't get it....the ball never changed trajectory. Look at the DB's hand closing
----------------------------

I notice you harping on JF being a back-up.....well most Qb's are gonna be a back-up to Wilson

--dbldrew

BUT........I didn't write the article below.......x-NFL Qb JT O'Sullivan wrote it. ( you basically avoided this)

-----------------

D ?
I don't care what the announcer said, announcers get things wrong all the time, I'm going to believe my own eyes when there is a video slowed down showing the ball hitting the DB hand and changing direction.

It's not me harping on him being a backup, it's all 32 NFL teams viewed him as a backup.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't care what the announcer said, announcers get things wrong all the time, I'm going to believe my own eyes when there is a video slowed down showing the ball hitting the DB hand and changing direction.

It's not me harping on him being a backup, it's all 32 NFL teams viewed him as a backup.

Unfortunately.....We're not gonna agree on the ball getting to Claypool just beyond the grasping hand of the DB. And we don't have a side angle to analyze.
--------------

"I don't care what the announcer said, announcers get things wrong all the time"
-
dbldrew

Typically it's an x-NFL color commenter guy (like Troy Aikman and regular announcer)...... commenting on and analyzing various plays during the game i.e. the play in question. So pardon me for not being more specific. I meant the x-NFL color guy (like Troy Aikman
------------------------
"It's not me harping on him being a backup, it's all 32 NFL teams viewed him as a backup."
-dbldrew

We don't know the specifics about what the others offered Poles (truth). Regardless, u seem to wanna disparage JF for being a back-up to an esteemed SB winning Qb like Wilson.....as though it's a degrading mark.
-------------------------

You keep bringing up the Alex Rollins Youtuber guy ( lol, a non football guy by all counts). Yeah I'm familiar with him and the hit piece he did on JF However....you won't acknowledge.........

x-NFL Qb JT O'Sullivan

Former QB Was Beyond Fed Up Watching Luke Getsy ( 👈you basically avoided this. getsy is taboo)🤔

------------------------

D ? I'd like to get your final answer on this
-R&S

"It's route or even play elimination, what is the D formation pre snap, is the call you have going to work with whatever the D is showing......."
-dbldrew

The key indicator that a Qb can't read D ? One word ....interceptions.
Aside from his rookie year, JF has always had more TD than INTS going back to OSU

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately.....We're not gonna agree on the ball getting to Claypool just beyond the grasping hand of the DB. And we don't have a side angle to analyze.
--------------

"I don't care what the announcer said, announcers get things wrong all the time"
-
dbldrew

Typically it's an x-NFL color commenter guy (like Troy Aikman and regular announcer)...... commenting on and analyzing various plays during the game i.e. the play in question. So pardon me for not being more specific. I meant the x-NFL color guy (like Troy Aikman
------------------------
"It's not me harping on him being a backup, it's all 32 NFL teams viewed him as a backup."
-dbldrew

We don't know the specifics about what the others offered Poles (truth). Regardless, u seem to wanna disparage JF for being a back-up to an esteemed SB winning Qb like Wilson.....as though it's a degrading mark.

You keep bringing up the Alex Rollins Youtuber guy ( lol, a non football guy by all counts). Yeah I'm familiar with him and the hit piece he did on JF However....you won't acknowledge.........

x-NFL Qb JT O'Sullivan

Former QB Was Beyond Fed Up Watching Luke Getsy ( 👈you basically avoided this. getsy is taboo)🤔

------------------------

-R&S

"It's route or even play elimination, what is the D formation pre snap, is the call you have going to work with whatever the D is showing......."
-dbldrew

Aside from his rookie year, JF has always had more TD than INTS going back to OSU

I bring up the youtuber because that video is well done his graphics are spot on and he does a very good job of explaining and highlighting what he is talking about. What specifically did he say that was wrong? Also Dan Orlovsky said the same thing but its a very short video but here it is

Also Kurt Warner has said the same thing as well but his video is pretty sub par, the guy was getting a phone call in the middle of it and just left it in the video

So I picked the video that illustrated best and was easy to see, if you have a problem with what the video showed then ague a point

And interceptions is just a stat and not a clear indication of why the int happened, Besides fields has a pretty bad TD/INT ratio and also has no yards to go with it so even his low INT stat doesnt paint him in a good light when his yard stat and TD stat is also low. The reason everything is so low is because he is slow to process and just doesnt throw the ball so he doesnt get many INT.. but also doesnt get many yards or TD either

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
--------------

-
dbldrew

------------------------
-dbldrew

x-NFL Qb JT O'Sullivan

------------------------

-R&S

-dbldrew

I bring up the youtuber because that video is well done his graphics are spot on and he does a very good job of explaining and highlighting what he is talking about. What specifically did he say that was wrong? Also Dan Orlovsky said the same thing but its a very short video but here it is

Also Kurt Warner has said the same thing as well but his video is pretty sub par, the guy was getting a phone call in the middle of it and just left it in the video

So I picked the video that illustrated best and was easy to see, if you have a problem with what the video showed then ague a point

And interceptions is just a stat and not a clear indication of why the int happened, Besides fields has a pretty bad TD/INT ratio and also has no yards to go with it so even his low INT stat doesnt paint him in a good light when his yard stat and TD stat is also low. The reason everything is so low is because he is slow to process and just doesnt throw the ball so he doesnt get many INT.. but also doesnt get many yards or TD either

I saw this Dan Orlovsky video....they cut it off at the end. He started to go in on the coaching and empowering JF. As I watch the footage...there are pass pro break downs before the pass.
I don't have a problem eith Warner overall.

I've seen Warner do other vids. And he is bias against mobile Qb's. Of course, he wasn't a complete Qb who could make plays in or out of the pocket.
--------

JF has always had more td's than INTS except for his rookie. Any time a Qb has more td's than INTS... they're reading the D. JF has done ok given the bad pass pro, below avg OC and lack of a
#1 wr until Moore.

Again u leave JT O'Sullivan and this article...Former QB Was Beyond Fed Up Watching Luke Getsy

And u don't reference any of O'Sullivan's videos. I wonder why ???
I guess I'll have to do it later.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I saw this Dan Orlovsky video....they cut it off at the end. He started to go in on the coaching and empowering JF. As I watch the footage...there are pass pro break downs before the pass.

I've seen Warner do other vids. And he is bias against mobile Qb's. Of course, he wasn't a complete Qb who could make plays in or out of the pocket.
--------

JF has always had more td's than INTS except for his rookie. Any time a Qb has more td's than INTS... they're reading the D. JF has done ok given the bad pass pro, below avg OC and lack of a
#1 wr until Moore.

Again u leave JT O'Sullivan and this article...Former QB Was Beyond Fed Up Watching Luke Getsy

And u don't reference any of O'Sullivan's videos. I wonder why ???
I guess I'll have to do it
Dan Orovsky going into to other issues like the OC is completely irrelevant, because if your QB is slow to process and can't read a D because of it means he will always be a marginal QB even with better play calling.

Also JT videos call out plenty of JF problems as well. Every time JT said the phrase "just rip it" is just a very polite way of saying that Fields is slow to process..

Pointing to Getsy as being a problem does not magically erase the fact that Fields is slow to process.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

--------

#1 wr until Moore.

And u don't reference any of O'Sullivan's videos. I wonder why ???-
I guess I'll have to do it later.

Dan Orovsky going into to other issues like the OC is completely irrelevant, because if your QB is slow to process and can't read a D because of it means he will always be a marginal QB even with better play calling.

Also JT videos call out plenty of JF problems as well. Every time JT said the phrase "just rip it" is just a very polite way of saying that Fields is slow to process..

Pointing to Getsy as being a problem does not magically erase the fact that Fields is slow to process.
About JT saying "rip it"...
I've never said JF was without fault. Over and over I've said JF is still developing. I've said he's not seasoned vet and will make mistakes.
-------

"Dan Orovsky going into to other issues like the OC is completely irrelevant"
-dbldrew

@2:49 ....Orovsky is touching how JF is thinking to much. Of course, JF said he wasn't playing free.
JF said he was thinking to much. Yeah it relevant and Orovsky was gonna get more into it and the vid was cut. The inexperienced getsy played a key role in putting to much bs in JF's to think about.
I'll bet ya Waldron won't do that with CW.
------

And pass pro was a huge issue.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I've never said JF was without fault. Over and over I've said JF is still developing. I've said he's not seasoned vet and will make mistakes.
-------

-dbldrew

@2:49 ....Orovsky is touching how JF is thinking to much. Of course, JF said he wasn't playing free.
JF said he was thinking to much. Yeah it relevant and Orovsky was gonna get more into it and the vid was cut. The inexperienced getsy played a key role in putting to much bs in JF's to think about.
------

Still developing 3 years into the NFL and he is still failing in the same thing that was on his scouting report coming out of college, so at this point he is what he is.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
-------

-dbldrew

JF said he was thinking to much. Yeah it relevant and Orovsky was gonna get more into it and the vid was cut. The inexperienced getsy played a key role in putting to much bs in JF's head to think about.
------

Still developing 3 years into the NFL and he is still failing in the same thing that was on his scouting report coming out of college, so at this point he is what he is.

right ....JF never developed under an unqualified gesty.....oh wait bringing up getsy is taboo.

----------
You avoided this and the Waldron observation......

------------

@30:33.....JT is breaking down the awful pass pro.
I'll come back to other parts of the vid.

@33:53....bad play design. Next...@34:22...ya can't have 3 wr's in the same area @35:17 more bad pass pro @37:44...anticipation / processing even as again...... the pass pro breaks down LG
@45:46 I would've whipped this side arm or put a downward trajectory on the ball into the body of the wr @47:13 "clown show" pass pro @48:52 watch the break down of the awful pass pro

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
right ....JF never developed under an unqualified gesty.....oh wait bringing up getsy is taboo.

----------

------------

@33:53....bad play design. Next...@34:22...ya can't have 3 wr's in the same area @35:17 more bad pass pro @37:44...anticipation / processing even as again...... the pass pro breaks down LG
@45:46 I would've whipped this side arm or put a downward trajectory on the ball into the body of the wr @47:13 "clown show" pass pro @48:52 watch the break down of the awful pass pro
"He is thinking to much" is just a polite way of saying he is not processing what's happening, which I have been saying for 3 years. It does not matter what you want to call it, slow to process, or can't read a D, or doesn't trust what he is seeing, or over thinking it. It's all the same problem with there being a disconnect between what's happening on the fields and what is going on in his brain.

You can't blame Getsy for this issue because he had this on his scouting report, he did this under Nagy and also Getsy the common denominator here is Fields.

The rest of your analysis of blaming the OL is probably a bunch of examples of Fields being slow to process and holding the ball to long.. but I will look at it when I have time to view it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

----------

------------

"He is thinking to much" is just a polite way of saying he is not processing what's happening, which I have been saying for 3 years. It does not matter what you want to call it, slow to process, or can't read a D, or doesn't trust what he is seeing, or over thinking it. It's all the same problem with there being a disconnect between what's happening on the fields and what is going on in his brain.

You can't blame Getsy for this issue because he had this on his scouting report, he did this under Nagy and also Getsy the common denominator here is Fields.

The rest of your analysis of blaming the OL is probably a bunch of examples of Fields being slow to process and holding the ball to long.. but I will look at it when I have time to view it.

(JF),,,can't read a D,
-@dbldrew

As mentioned earlier, if he couldn't read D his ints. would've exceeded his Td's every season.
-----------
"The rest of your analysis of blaming the OL is probably a bunch of examples of Fields being slow to process and holding the ball to long.. but I will look at it when I have time to view it."
-@dbldrew

This is not my video....it's JT's video and analysis, right. Pass pro is everything to the Qb position Yeah....please take a look at the time stamps
-------

"He is thinking to much" is just a polite way of saying he is not processing what's happening, which I have been saying for 3 years."
-@dbldrew

I very familiar with the Qb position. Back in the day it was called not smart enuff to play the Qb position. Now, today, for some ppl, they use the so called...."slow to process" term.
Yeah....there was the over thinking situation and JF brought it up when asked about the
coaches / getsy. Orovsky alluded to it as well. JF has only been a full-time, starter for 2 yrs.

The inexperienced getsy played a key role in putting to much bs in JF's head to think about.
-R&S

Poles made sure to get an experienced OC in Waldron
. He didn't go out and get an inexperienced, rookie OC. Oh I know, we're not supposed to reference getsy, cause it's all JF's fault. 😑
---------

The common denominator has been 2 substandard OC's who were tasked with Qb development and failed. Nagy with Trubs & JF, then getsy with JF.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
(JF),,,can't read a D,
-@dbldrew

As mentioned earlier, if he couldn't read D his ints. would've exceeded his Td's every season.
-----------
"The rest of your analysis of blaming the OL is probably a bunch of examples of Fields being slow to process and holding the ball to long.. but I will look at it when I have time to view it."
-@dbldrew

This is not my video....it's JT's video and analysis, right. Pass pro is everything to the Qb position Yeah....please take a look at the time stamps
-------

"He is thinking to much" is just a polite way of saying he is not processing what's happening, which I have been saying for 3 years."
-@dbldrew

I very familiar with the Qb position. Back in the day it was called not smart enuff to play the Qb position. Now, today, for some ppl, they use the so called...."slow to process" term.
Yeah....there was the over thinking situation and JF brought it up when asked about the
coaches / getsy. Orovsky alluded to it as well. JF has only been a full-time, starter for 2 yrs.

The inexperienced getsy played a key role in putting to much bs in JF's head to think about.
-R&S

. He didn't go out and get an inexperienced, rookie OC. Oh I know, we're not supposed to reference getsy, cause it's all JF's fault. 😑
---------

The common denominator has been 2 substandard OC's who were tasked with Qb development and failed. Nagy with Trubs & JF, then getsy with JF.
Already addressed your int point.. his TD are super low along with his yards, so yeah if he can't read a D and refuses to throw the ball then everything will be low just like what his stats show.

Besides you would have to completely ignore all the examples of him having a wife open guy and not having a clue what was going on and refusing to throw it. Also Mahomes had 11 INT so are you trying to say that Fields can read a D better then Mahomes? Lol

Justing Fields is not smart enough to play the position, he has shown that for 3 years, and not being smart enough to play the position is not the same thing as not being smart, everything points to Fields being a very smart person, but being smart in the classroom is not the same thing as being smart under pressure, not everyone can be a fighter pilot or a race car driver where you need to make split second processing decisions.. Fields can't do that, his mind doesn't work that way. There is a reason there isn't enough QBs to go around.. most players are like fields and don't have the mind to do it

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
(JF),,,can't read a D,
-@dbldrew

-----------
-@dbldrew

-------

-@dbldrew

-R&S

---------

Already addressed your int point.. his TD are super low along with his yards, so yeah if he can't read a D and refuses to throw the ball then everything will be low just like what his stats show.

Besides you would have to completely ignore all the examples of him having a wife open guy and not having a clue what was going on and refusing to throw it. Also Mahomes had 11 INT so are you trying to say that Fields can read a D better then Mahomes? Lol

Justing Fields is not smart enough to play the position, he has shown that for 3 years, and not being smart enough to play the position is not the same thing as not being smart, everything points to Fields being a very smart person, but being smart in the classroom is not the same thing as being smart under pressure, not everyone can be a fighter pilot or a race car driver where you need to make split second processing decisions.. Fields can't do that, his mind doesn't work that way. There is a reason there isn't enough QBs to go around.. most players are like fields and don't have the mind to do it

"....he has shown that for 3 years"
-dbldrew

-R&S

JF suffered through piss poor coaching with the Bears
----------

"Already addressed your int point.. his TD are super low along with his yards, so yeah if he can't read a D and refuses to throw the ball then everything will be low just like what his stats show.

Besides you would have to completely ignore all the examples of him having a wife open guy and not having a clue what was going on and refusing to throw it. Also Mahomes had 11 INT so are you trying to say that Fields can read a D better then Mahomes? Lol "

-dbldrew

You're purposely misinterpreting and redirecting my point about ints. I said if a Qb is consistently passing for more Td's than ints.....then he's reading D. If the pocket is bad then ya don't wanna just throw the ball up for grabs (bagINT). It doesn't matter how low his Td's are....he's read the D well enough not to throw more ints than Td's. The yards mean little. The yards are an indication of the play call and design , JF didn't call and design the plays (that person was fired)

You brought up Mahomes to refute me....SMH. That was weird and outta place. Actually Mahomes
proves my point he's always thrown about double + the Td's vs ints in his career except in 2023.
-------
Justing Fields is not smart enough to play the position,
-dbldrew

SMH, and this is what I mean about back in the day. You finally said it. wow. Go back and watch the JT footage. He disagress. I gotta go for now.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
"....he has shown that for 3 years"
-dbldrew

-R&S

JF suffered through piss poor coaching with the Bears
----------

"Already addressed your int point.. his TD are super low along with his yards, so yeah if he can't read a D and refuses to throw the ball then everything will be low just like what his stats show.

Besides you would have to completely ignore all the examples of him having a wife open guy and not having a clue what was going on and refusing to throw it. Also Mahomes had 11 INT so are you trying to say that Fields can read a D better then Mahomes? Lol "

-dbldrew

You're purposely misinterpreting and redirecting my point about ints. I said if a Qb is consistently passing for more Td's than ints.....then he's reading D. If the pocket is bad then ya don't wanna just throw the ball up for grabs (bagINT). It doesn't matter how low his Td's are....he's read the D well enough not to throw more ints than Td's. The yards mean little. The yards are an indication of the play call and design , JF didn't call and design the plays (that person was fired)

You brought up Mahomes to refute me....SMH. That was weird and outta place. Actually Mahomes
proves my point he's always thrown about double + the Td's vs ints in his career except in 2023.
-------
Justing Fields is not smart enough to play the position,
-dbldrew

SMH, and this is what I mean about back in the day. You finally said it. wow. Go back and watch the JT footage. He disagress. I gotta go for now.
Throwing for "more" TD vs INT is irrelevant, Mitch has a 72td 48int career so he meets your "more" TD threshold and nobody would ever say that Mitch was good at reading a D.

Actually looking at the tape tells what kind of QB you have, is the QB processing correctly what is happening based on what the D is doing? In Fields case that answer is no he is not. Just like with Mitch.

Some of the worst QBs managed to throw for "more" TD then INT.. it's a made up threshold that you created to convince yourself that Fields is not the problem.

You pointing to the OL or the OC is not an excuse for the weakness that Fields has, his brain is not fast enough to be a NFL QB.