Former Broncos GM says Bears finally are doing right by Jay Cutler

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No he left because he and Lovie's style didn't work together. Don't pretend the offense wasn't doing well in 2011 during the run

We're talking about whether they got along. Relax. They did well on 2011 have I ever said otherwise, no!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Extending the play with his feet? What is this "he doesn't take coaching"? What proof is there of this? Arguing with his coach doesn't mean he doesn't take coaching. This shit is ridiculous.

Throwing off his back foot, slow release ( even Trestman has been working on that with him), mis-reading "D", forcing the ball to Marshall when triple-covered, not throwing the ball away

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Dude.....jay was part of the reason Martz got LET GO. In the end........ quote Martz wasn't the right fit for jay UN-qoute. Remember? The one common thread with jay IS coaches get fired. Check the history.

You're right that Jay was part of the reason. Jay was part of the reason Martz got fired because Jay got hurt which led to the awful quarterbacking we saw after that. Martz no doubt had his flaws and getting Jay killed while refusing to adapt was one of those but they also worked well together.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Please find this quote. Lovie wanted Martz gone in the end and J.A never wanted him in the first place

Quick note: I gained a lotta' respect for you in one of the earlier threads this year about " about the HC hiring / firing, racial issue".
______

ok...back to business.

The one common thread with jay IS coaches get fired. Check the history.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We're talking about whether they got along. Relax. They did well on 2011 have I ever said otherwise, no!

To be honest I not sure what people want from a OC and QB relationship as far as getting along. They both said they did so what else do we need?

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
jay has done nothing to make himself a better Qb. He sure as hell doesn't take coaching. Tell us how jay has worked to improve himself over the years? IMO, he's same jay.....no improvement. What has he got good at...as a qb???

Jay got hurt in the 10th game of the year in 2011 and didn't play again that season. He had 2319 yards, 13tds, and 7 ints through ten games with an insanely easy schedule to finish the season. If you extrapolate his stats out for an entire season, he was on pace for 3712 yards, 21 tds, and 11 ints. That would have been his best yardage and td/int ratio since his arrival in Chicago.

Unless you believe all of that is just because Martz was some genius play-caller and that Jay's mechanics didn't improve at all then it clearly shows he was adapting to Martz's teaching.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How about a 3/4 year run?

That would be nice but Jay kept getting injured d like AHS said that was part of the reason Martz left/ got canned because our back ups sucked. Hell Martz didn't even want Hanie!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You're right that Jay was part of the reason. Jay was part of the reason Martz got fired because Jay got hurt which led to the awful quarterbacking we saw after that. Martz no doubt had his flaws and getting Jay killed while refusing to adapt was one of those but they also worked well together.

fact of the matter...WHICH NO ONE is willing to say..............jay is NOT Kurt Warner. jay was NOT smart enuff to run Martz' "O".

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
fact of the matter...WHICH NO ONE is willing to say..............jay is NOT Kurt Warner. jay was NOT smart enuff to run Martz' "O".

You clearly don't understand stats, go read my previous post about Jay's stats in 2011.

Jay wasn't smart enuff to run Martz's O just like you're not smart enuff to spell enough properly.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Throwing off his back foot, slow release ( even Trestman has been working on that with him), mis-reading "D", forcing the ball to Marshall when triple-covered, not throwing the ball away

Most of those things started showing improvement under Martz. Since Cutler has been in the league, he has had Shanahan and Martz that were legit offensive coaches. Turner didn't get much of a chance to coach Cutler, and Tice probably could not have. Not that Cutler has no part in this, but he has had some pretty shitty luck so far in his time in the league.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Jay got hurt in the 10th game of the year in 2011 and didn't play again that season. He had 2319 yards, 13tds, and 7 ints through ten games with an insanely easy schedule to finish the season. If you extrapolate his stats out for an entire season, he was on pace for 3712 yards, 21 tds, and 11 ints. That would have been his best yardage and td/int ratio since his arrival in Chicago.

Unless you believe all of that is just because Martz was some genius play-caller and that Jay's mechanics didn't improve at all then it clearly shows he was adapting to Martz's teaching.

Tell us how jay has worked to improve himself over the years?
..........from Denver as a rookie to the present. We've heard stories about McNabb making himself into more of a "pocket-passer" as he matured, we've heard about all the work Brady put in, coming from being a sixth round draft choice, we've heard about how hard P.Manning works e.g. studying film, working with his wr's etc. PLEASE tell us what jay has done?????

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You clearly don't understand stats, go read my previous post about Jay's stats in 2011.

Jay wasn't smart enuff to run Martz's O just like you're not smart enuff to spell enough properly.

don't be a c___t. I use lots of abbreviations and short-hand when I post. DID you even finish or go to college...don't lie.
Just answer the above post about jay's work-ethic.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

..........from Denver as a rookie to the present. We've heard stories about McNabb making himself into more of a "pocket-passer" as he matured, we've heard about all the work Brady put in, coming from being a sixth round draft choice, we've heard about how hard P.Manning works e.g. studying film, working with his wr's etc. PLEASE tell us what jay has done?????

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6563969

Really man, if you are gonna bash Cutler, go with the poor decision making. I am not surprised there are not stories about Cutler coming out of Halas hall under Lovie, he prided himself on keeping things in house. Cutler is also a private person, so he would not put out anything that he does. This is all things that no one can talk on but Bears players and coaches. Stick with the poor decision making, that is true stuff. He needs to make better decisions.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

I just gave you an example of how, with a quality offensive coach, Cutler showed improvement in his play. If you want to ignore them then be my guest but if you do, you're being an ignorant fool.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
don't be a c___t. I use lots of abbreviations and short-hand when I post. DID you even finish or go to college...don't lie.
Just answer the above post about jay's work-ethic.

Yeah because taking out an O and substituting an "ff" in enough is a real time saver. I actually have a Master's degree but I mean whatever.

There's never really been a question to Jay's work ethic either. Try to find something with a basis in reality to bitch about instead of just being a typical whiny bitch.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well, 4 pages before the thread went to shit. I guess thats something.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
100 bucks says you didn't watch the games.

That's easy money for me, PM me for my mailing address. I've watched every single NFL game that Jay has played, including those 3 particular games, Thanks.

Are you saying he didn't play poorly in those last 3 games in Denver?

Last edited: