Former Broncos GM says Bears finally are doing right by Jay Cutler

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It certainly didn't help that we had no 1st round draft picks the next two years to "build around Cutler". And we drafted offensive linemen early in the next years, they just didn't seem to work out. When you spend so much on 1 player, you kind of forfeit what else you can get. If you have a budget of $400 for a barbecue and spend $398 on a barbegue grill, that doesn't leave too much to buy hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, sausage and beers with.

THIS

Liked Posts:
But its kind of a circular argument. One, Lovie had better players on defense so the bonehead plays were limited. Two, with the lack of talent on offense and no offensive line, there isn't a whole lot of adjustments you can make through personnel or scheme changes. I thought Lovie and the offensive staff got as much production as possible from the Grossman/Orton years, TBH. Rex wasn't very good, but what was Lovie going to do...bench him? On the same token, the O-line was better in the Grossman/Orton years, too. I thought Martz's 2nd year had the Bears offense looking its best, but Cutler got hurt and Martz was run out of town.

I believe ESPN had reported the Bears were second in the league in scoring offense behind Green Bay, & eleventh in total offense through week 12 of that season. That would be an over achievement with the new offensive minded staff in my eyes. I'd be thrilled with that. I did want to see Martz given a fair shake at 2012 with a healthy QB, Forte & what I had hoped would also be an improved line. Even though Jays numbers were not through the roof, Martz did have him playing discipline, distributing the ball among all of his targets & forced him to work on his footwork. 2nd in scoring offense & 11th in total offense doesn't lie, Martz could have had this offense doing well with a healthy unit.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

No, not "THIS". Did the Bears win a Superbowl with that defense/running formula? Yes, they went to one, then they missed the playoffs for just about every season after that. Wanna guess the reason why? Piss-poor to average QB play. So you try and go get that "cherry on top" for your Sundae but you don't add sprinkles, whipped cream, and hot fudge. All you're left with is vanilla ice cream with a cherry on top.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
I believe ESPN had reported the Bears were second in the league in scoring offense behind Green Bay, & eleventh in total offense through week 12 of that season. That would be an over achievement with the new offensive minded staff in my eyes. I'd be thrilled with that. I did want to see Martz given a fair shake at 2012 with a healthy QB, Forte & what I had hoped would also be an improved line. Even though Jays numbers were not through the roof, Martz did have him playing discipline, distributing the ball among all of his targets & forced him to work on his footwork. 2nd in scoring offense & 11th in total offense doesn't lie, Martz could have had this offense doing well with a healthy unit.

Is it any coincidence that Martz was probably the one coach Jay has had in Chicago that he actually trusted because he could coach?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Is it any coincidence that Martz was probably the one coach Jay has had in Chicago that he actually trusted because he could coach?

jay has done nothing to make himself a better Qb. He sure as hell doesn't take coaching. Tell us how jay has worked to improve himself over the years? IMO, he's same jay.....no improvement. What has he got good at...as a qb???

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is ALL I need to see.......have good day

In March 2008, Sundquist, (who now runs the website TheFootballEducator.com.) was fired as the Broncos’ GM. Despite a Pro Bowl season by Cutler, Shanahan and Heimerdinger were fired after the 2008 season.

Run and Shoot logic:

Ignore something if it doesn't suit your agenda

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
jay has done nothing to make himself a better Qb. He sure as hell doesn't take coaching. Tell us how jay has worked to improve himself over the years? IMO, he's same jay.....no improvement. What has he got good at...as a qb???

Extending the play with his feet? What is this "he doesn't take coaching"? What proof is there of this? Arguing with his coach doesn't mean he doesn't take coaching. This shit is ridiculous.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Dude.....jay was part of the reason Martz got LET GO. In the end........ quote Martz wasn't the right fit for jay UN-qoute. Remember? The one common thread with jay IS coaches get fired. Check the history.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutty didn't fire him...

This is true and I don't blame Jay in any way for Martz departure. I wanted Martz for a third year, I thought it was mistake. But nobody knows about the relationship they had, but if it was good/really good, then why the did he not return for 3rd year?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He got canned ...

No he left because he and Lovie's style didn't work together. Don't pretend the offense wasn't doing well in 2011 during the run

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Extending the play with his feet? What is this "he doesn't take coaching"? What proof is there of this? Arguing with his coach doesn't mean he doesn't take coaching. This shit is ridiculous.

That one youtube clip is all I need to know that Jay hated Martz lol

Liked Posts:
He got canned ...

Yes & so did 2012 offseason savior of the Bears offense, who received most of the credit for the solid play on offense in 2011 going into 2012. After 2012 it's pretty damn clear who the mind was behind the good offensive play in 2011 when Cutler/Forte were healthy.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dude.....jay was part of the reason Martz got LET GO. In the end........ quote Martz wasn't the right fit for jay UN-qoute. Remember? The one common thread with jay IS coaches get fired. Check the history.

Please find this quote. Lovie wanted Martz gone in the end and J.A never wanted him in the first place