Former Jets scout calls Caleb Williams the most mentally weak prospect he's ever seen - says he's closer to Johnny Manziel than Patrick Mahomes

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
They only do this type of character assassination of young black QBs too. No one downgraded Johnny Manziel when he so obviously had an alcohol problem.

Cam Newton for his extravagant wardrobe, Patrick Mahomes for his voice and his hair. Bryce Young for his height. They highlight every perceived negative and turn it into the argument that that black QB will be the previous bust black QB.

Meanwhile they see every white QB as the next great QB.
Have you seen him WALK???

DavidH

Liked Posts:
promise you plenty of these gen xers and boomers bitching about caleb painting his nails had entire album collections and posters of dudes who wore eyeliner, mascara, painted their nails, and had 5 cans of aqua net in their long blown out hair

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
He worked in the NFL as a scout, which is more than this board has done.

Man, you guys get really worked up when someone who has done this for a living before doesn't like your personal lord and savior at QB, don't you?
Nah...........I think this take is better. Watching Caleb Williams film is like watching Partick Mahomes from Texas Tech...........just not as reckless.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This doesn't really jibe for me. If it is true and he felt that way, what would he be accomplishing by stating it publicly? This is either:

• A personal vendetta by the scout
  • A lie by MJY's source (note I'm not saying MJY is lying, but his source might be)
  • A deceptive attempt to lower his value. Team scouts don't normally make it a habit of making their internal scouting reports public.

Bro, its not even my source. The tweet is sourcing an article from this very website, who is referring to a former NFL scout.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
I think we all saw it, on national TV, here:

A strong, loving family is an asset to any team that drafts him. Crying after a game isn't a sign of weakness. Chris Jones cries before games when the national anthem is played. In reality, I think that clip shows composure. He had those emotions and was able discipline himself during the game so that they did not affect his play.

You see your mother, who knows you and empathizes with you, in an emotional moment and it is tough not to break down.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They only do this type of character assassination of young black QBs too. No one downgraded Johnny Manziel when he so obviously had an alcohol problem.

Cam Newton for his extravagant wardrobe, Patrick Mahomes for his voice and his hair. Bryce Young for his height. They highlight every perceived negative and turn it into the argument that that black QB will be the previous bust black QB.

Meanwhile they see every white QB as the next great QB.
Every fucking team was concerned about Manziel’s off the field concerns, it’s literally in every draft write up of his. Montana dropped due to his drug usage at ND. Marino dropped due to his perceived drug usage. Ryan Mallet (RIP) was removed from most team’s boards due to his issues. No one gave a shit about Newton’s clothing choices prior to the draft as he went #1. Brees dropped because he was short and not a prototypical height for a QB. No one gave shit about Mahomes hair or voice prior to the draft. Did you really write this garbage ? Seriously.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
TBH he's only 22 and I don't really think he's been through tough adversity like that, which is kinda typical in this generation. It's a sign, but im not going to crap on a kid that's 22 and "fragile".
I will. Too soft. Warrior spirit not detected. Look elsewhere.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I've read (so classifies as hearsay), but believe that CW after the loss to The Bruins did not talk to the media. The biggest college game in SoCal without a close second. And he didn't speak to the media? If this is true, I want no part of that guy. I guarantee if the brain surgeons had won CW would not have stopped seeking media attention. How's that for a character guy? Imo, there are some pretty sad-ass, pathetic takes on this guy. But to each his own. As I've stated before, I'm really glad people have an avatar posted, so I know whom to by-pass. I'm speaking of new ones I've noticed, not the 'vets.' I've made up my mind about the 'vets' already.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I've read (so classifies as hearsay), but believe that CW after the loss to The Bruins did not talk to the media. The biggest college game in SoCal without a close second. And he didn't speak to the media? If this is true, I want no part of that guy. I guarantee if the brain surgeons had won CW would not have stopped seeking media attention. How's that for a character guy? Imo, there are some pretty sad-ass, pathetic takes on this guy. But to each his own. As I've stated before, I'm really glad people have an avatar posted, so I know whom to by-pass. I'm speaking of new ones I've noticed, not the 'vets.' I've made up my mind about the 'vets' already.
Wut?

Frequency

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I will. Too soft. Warrior spirit not detected. Look elsewhere.
Ive noticed sometimes especially in some parts of the world, when one is broken (and in that game VS Wash CW was "broken"). You either stay with a broken spirit or eventually the Warrior spirit will rise.

As for CW with that "Warrior Spirit" we will have to wait and see his journey in the NFL.

jive

Liked Posts:
You can say all your rationalization about CW crying to his mommy.
One thing for certain, opposing defenses are gonna bring that up every time he plays. ******* will tell you to go cry to your mama even when you didn't on national TV. This is going to be a whole new shit talking situation.