Free Agency news tracker

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I guess Pace and everyone else whose Livelihoods are on the lines in Halas Hall are honestly looking in the mirror with different opinion.

Yes hence why I don't know what to say to Pace. It is a baffling decision from my perspective and time will tell if he was right or I was.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
only 35Mil guaranteed? well that was a dumbass decision. Should have taken the Steelers deal last year. Severely overrated his value on the open market, as most predicted. He needs to fire his agent.

Mitchapalooza

Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN)
Sources said 49ers made a serious push for Le’Veon Bell with a strong offer, Jets came over the top late. Youthful affinity for Curtis Martin/Jers was a factor

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Schefter -"Le’Veon Bell’s four-year deal with the New York Jets has a max value of $61 million and includes $35 million guaranteed, per source."

yeah I wonder what the Steelers guaranteed money was. I mean once he turned that down.. I guess 35 mil paid off better than taking the 1 year franchise money last year and getting hurt. But of course.. he might not have gotten hurt either.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah I wonder what the Steelers guaranteed money was. I mean once he turned that down.. I guess 35 mil paid off better than taking the 1 year franchise money last year and getting hurt. But of course.. he might not have gotten hurt either.

if I remember correctly, I think the Steelers guarantee was 40Mil. I'm not too confident on that, but I think that's what the Steelers offered him

Edit: nevermind...I was wrong. Steelers had offered 32Mil guaranteed

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Im kind of irked about Weddle. Is he washed up? Rams nabbed him for only $6.5 mil a year.. a swing and a miss for the Bears on that one.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
No the difference is I am make a logical argument as to why I want Bell and why he could fit under the cap. You are getting pissy about it and saying, "well if you would have done it then Pace should of done it." That is not an argument or rebuttal to anything I said. It is just being a dick for no other purpose than you disagree.

You take comments way too seriously.

Did you think that was some sort of argument in a debate?

I’ll let you in on a secret. I was being a smartass.

It may have “fun” to have Bell but probably not economically smart for the health of the team past year one.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
So how much money per year and guarantees do we think Tevin Coleman gets?

Looking at spotrac for recent RB signings/extensions:

Devonta Freeman: 5/41.25/22
Shady McCoy: 5/40/18.25
Jerrick McKinnon: 4/30/18
Lamar Miller: 4/26/14
Dion Lewis: 4/19.8/8.25
(I left out RBs on their rookie deals)

Can we squeeze in a contract with something like what McKinnon got with San Fran?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
if I remember correctly, I think the Steelers guarantee was 40Mil. I'm not too confident on that, but I think that's what the Steelers offered him

It was 33 million guaranteed but over 5 years.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-monstrous-70-million-deal-from-the-steelers/

So I am guessing this is actually a slightly better deal. The contract is 4 instead of 5 years and while a lower annual salary, a slightly higher guaranteed and if he hits the incentives he gets pretty much 15 million a year ie max value of 61 million. All in all I would say it's a push but he probably won on principle.

Mitchapalooza

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
As Le’Veon Bell tried to get other teams involved late, the #Jets stayed with their offer. DIdn’t move today. And Bell lands at NYJ. https://t.co/5lYPFZw2bJ

sounds like Bell doesn't even wanna be a Jet lol

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
As Le’Veon Bell tried to get other teams involved late, the #Jets stayed with their offer. DIdn’t move today. And Bell lands at NYJ. https://t.co/5lYPFZw2bJ

sounds like Bell doesn't even wanna be a Jet lol

He probably was trying to create a market for himself to get a bigger deal than what Gurley got.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You take comments way too seriously.

Did you think that was some sort of argument in a debate?

I’ll let you in on a secret. I was being a smartass.

It may have “fun” to have Bell but probably not economically smart for the health of the team past year one.

No you are missing the point. It wasn't an argument in a debate and I know you were being a smart ass. Hence why you saying your comment was the same as mine is incorrect. My comments were actually debating and not being a smart ass so they by definition where not the same as yours as you suggested. I don't mind that you were being a smartass but don't lie and pretend I was doing the same as I wasn't.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Steelers guaranteed was 33mil.

Then the kid missed out on a year of work/income and 15 mil... if Steelers offered 33. Even if you add that year of salary on the back end a few years from now.. its probly still close to 8-10 mil. Plus Steelers would have remained a better team than the Jets for these few years. Though now.. looks like Steelers trending toward average.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Then the kid missed out on a year of work/income and 15 mil... if Steelers offered 33. Even if you add that year of salary on the back end a few years from now.. its probly still close to 8-10 mil. Plus Steelers would have remained a better team than the Jets for these few years. Though now.. looks like Steelers trending toward average.

Yes he lost a year of income but also perhaps gave his body a year away from football which may pay off in the long run. At the end of the day, it was his gamble to make and he is rich no matter what.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
No you are missing the point. It wasn't an argument in a debate and I know you were being a smart ass. Hence why you saying your comment was the same as mine is incorrect. My comments were actually debating and not being a smart ass so they by definition where not the same as yours as you suggested. I don't mind that you were being a smartass but don't lie and pretend I was doing the same as I wasn't.

You were acting like there should have been no doubt the Bears should have been in on it.

In reality only one team really wanted Bell for that money.

So your comment is off base considering most of the NFL teams could have afforded it yet only one stepped up.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Im kind of irked about Weddle. Is he washed up? Rams nabbed him for only $6.5 mil a year.. a swing and a miss for the Bears on that one.

He wanted to play there. Dad was a Rams fan and he wanted to be in Cali again.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You were acting like there should have been no doubt the Bears should have been in on it.

In reality only one team really wanted Bell for that money.

So your comment is off base considering most of the NFL teams could have afforded it yet only one stepped up.

Umm that is not being a smart ass which again means it was not the same as your comment. Not sure what confuses you. You made a completely off base claim and now trying to change the subject.

Generally speaking there are a lot of free agents who sign where only one team was willing to pay the amount that the player ultimately signed for. This would be like saying only one team wanted ARob or Gabriel or Burton at the prices they signed for and using it as proof of something. It means jack shit and is a poor argument. All that matters is whether the player in question lives up to the contract signed which time will tell on Bell.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes he lost a year of income but also perhaps gave his body a year away from football which may pay off in the long run. At the end of the day, it was his gamble to make and he is rich no matter what.

I think he made the gamble and only one thing foiled it.. (assuming this is a push at best or a fail)... and that is James Connor. I think once he started sitting out he felt the Steelers would suffer..and maybe even cave. But James foiled his gamble. But if it's a push.. like some feel it is.. then worked out ok for him. Hopefully like you say.. a year off helped his body if possible.. but also he loses money on the back end because teams will look at him 31 or 32 or whatever and older. So that year off affected his pay (swapping that year) for a paid year down the road.