Free Agency news tracker

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If anyone honestly can look themselves in the mirror and say they wouldn't spend 12.5 million a year to significantly improve our SB chances with Bell then not sure what to say. Especially with Trubs on a rookie deal.

Well...hmm

NE... Rookie RB/rotation
Philly.... Rotation
NE...rotation
Denver...cheap RB
NE...rotation
Seattle...Lynch, #1RB
NYG...rotation
GB... rotation
NO... rotation

Am I missing something here?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
So how much money per year and guarantees do we think Tevin Coleman gets?

Looking at spotrac for recent RB signings/extensions:

Devonta Freeman: 5/41.25/22
Shady McCoy: 5/40/18.25
Jerrick McKinnon: 4/30/18
Lamar Miller: 4/26/14
Dion Lewis: 4/19.8/8.25
(I left out RBs on their rookie deals)

Can we squeeze in a contract with something like what McKinnon got with San Fran?

Why would we be looking at another RB?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well...hmm

NE... Rookie RB/rotation
Philly.... Rotation
NE...rotation
Denver...cheap RB
NE...rotation
Seattle...Lynch, #1RB
NYG...rotation
GB... rotation
NO... rotation

Some still think this is the 1980's.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think he made the gamble and only one thing foiled it.. (assuming this is a push at best or a fail)... and that is James Connor. I think once he started sitting out he felt the Steelers would suffer..and maybe even cave. But James foiled his gamble. But if it's a push.. like some feel it is.. then worked out ok for him. Hopefully like you say.. a year off helped his body if possible.. but also he loses money on the back end because teams will look at him 31 or 32 or whatever and older. So that year off affected his pay (swapping that year) for a paid year down the road.

Well the reality is as a 31 or 32 year old he wasn't going to get paid regardless. Few if any RBs 30+ get paid big money and bear in mind the Steelers deal was for 5 years while this is for 4 so under both deals he would have been a free agent at the same time since the first year of his 5 year Steeler deal would have been this past year so he would have 4 more years left just as he does now on this new deal. But yes the year he missed is a year he will never get compensated for so he definitely lost that year of salary.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He probably was trying to create a market for himself to get a bigger deal than what Gurley got.

He fucked himself out of millions... took a chance that didn't workout

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Why would we be looking at another RB?

Because Jordan Howard has no role on this team. He's either traded before/during the draft or he walks after this season.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The numbers don’t seem right but

1. You hosed your teams 2018-19 season.
2. You gained weight
3. Sat out a year.
4. Dropped an album during free agency(presumably how you spent your time off)
5. Are one puff from suspension

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Umm that is not being a smart ass which again means it was not the same as your comment. Not sure what confuses you. You made a completely off base claim and now trying to change the subject.

Generally speaking there are a lot of free agents who sign where only one team was willing to pay the amount that the player ultimately signed for. This would be like saying only one team wanted ARob or Gabriel or Burton at the prices they signed for and using it as proof of something. It means jack shit and is a poor argument. All that matters is whether the player in question lives up to the contract signed which time will tell on Bell.
Jesus Christ remy. Are you still harping on that. Get over it. This is a fan forum where people fuck around. If you are truly bent out shape And need to vent about what I said, you may want to step away from the fan forum for a while.

What claim did I make that was “off base”.

Honestly no idea what you are referring to.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well...hmm

NE... Rookie RB/rotation
Philly.... Rotation
NE...rotation
Denver...cheap RB
NE...rotation
Seattle...Lynch, #1RB
NYG...rotation
GB... rotation
NO... rotation

Yes, what you are missing is no one said you need a top RB to go to the SB. I said Bell would improve this particular Bears' teams chances. Bell would have improved all those teams chances as well but that doesn't mean a top RB is necessary.

The Bears can still make a SB without Bell. But as Bell is better than what we currently have at RB, Bell would improve our chances. Both things can be true.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Umm that is not being a smart ass which again means it was not the same as your comment. Not sure what confuses you. You made a completely off base claim and now trying to change the subject.

Generally speaking there are a lot of free agents who sign where only one team was willing to pay the amount that the player ultimately signed for. This would be like saying only one team wanted ARob or Gabriel or Burton at the prices they signed for and using it as proof of something. It means jack shit and is a poor argument. All that matters is whether the player in question lives up to the contract signed which time will tell on Bell.

I don't think there's any question there was only one team going close to what he wanted.

When it appeared the price was far below what Bell expected, some teams may have kept an eye on the negotiations, but it seems the Jets were the only serious team at that price.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He fucked himself out of millions... took a chance that didn't workout

Still a multimillionaire with chances in life to recover. Decisions down the road may matter more. He survived, got his lump sum, and may get another 2 year pay day at 31-32

If he played and blew his knee he would have get 15+ a few chances at 2-4 in recovery. So actually there isn’t enough information to logically compare the scenarios.

Answer is E. Not Enough Information.

If he hits incentives which he is capable of then at 60 in 4 years we can say he won.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I don't think there's any question there was only one team going close to what he wanted.

When it appeared the price was far below what Bell expected, some teams may have kept an eye on the negotiations, but it seems the Jets were the only serious team at that price.

So what's Jacksonville's excuse? Why pay Foles 25 mil a year... as the sole legit suitor. They didnt want a partially disgruntled QB?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Because Jordan Howard has no role on this team. He's either traded before/during the draft or he walks after this season.

Yes, but did you miss that we signed Davis yesterday?

Without Howard, we have 4. The 3rd and 4th are nothing to worry about cutting, but why would we spend what little cap money we have on another RB? We need a safety more than we need a 5th RB. We certainly could get an upgrade over Mizzell, but how much of a priority is that?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bell really fucked himself lol. Turned down 70 million from the Steelers, got 50 million from the jets after balking at an twitter offer from the jets for 60 million last year. Dude went from an organization that consistently wins, to one that consistently losses and to make matters worse he put out another bad album!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bell really fucked himself lol. Turned down 70 million from the Steelers, got 50 million from the jets after balking at an twitter offer from the jets for 60 million last year. Dude went from and organization that consistently wins, to one that consistently losses and to make matters worse he put out another bad album!

After what he did the market cooled on him. He still is by far the highest paid running back in the game however.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
So what's Jacksonville's excuse? Why pay Foles 25 mil a year... as the sole legit suitor. They didnt want a partially disgruntled QB?

What?

Did I say jacksonville made a good deal bidding against themselves?

What in hell does Jax and Foles have to do with this?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
After what he did the market cooled on him. He still is by far the highest paid running back in the game however.

True but he only got half of what he wanted. He got a longer contract but with way less money then he valued himself at

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ remy. Are you still harping on that. Get over it. This is a fan forum where people fuck around. If you are truly bent out shape And need to vent about what I said, you may want to step away from the fan forum for a while.

What claim did I make that was “off base”.

Honestly no idea what you are referring to.

Jesus Christ modo, are you still harping on the fact I disagree with Pace. Get over it. This is a fan forum where people have different opinions than management.

It’s no different than your comment. Which makes no sense to people who disagree.

You take comments way too seriously.

Did you think that was some sort of argument in a debate?

I’ll let you in on a secret. I was being a smartass.

It may have “fun” to have Bell but probably not economically smart for the health of the team past year one.

I simply pointed out that if I am debating the point and you by your own admission were being a smart ass then by definition the comments were not the same. Our comments can't be the same if you weren't actually trying to debate the point and instead decided you would be a smart ass instead.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Whether he is making more than other RBs is not relevant to the point that he screwed up.

It is what is he getting vs what did he pass on?

Plus missed a year's worth of salary in the process.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What?

Did I say jacksonville made a good deal bidding against themselves?

What in hell does Jax and Foles have to do with this?

Both teams start with " J" and end with"S"