Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Who's really still out there for this new cap space to be used on??

I think they expect some post draft cap casualty pickups & want to have the gun loaded for a quick triggerin. :yep:

Any great OL talent on a cap bubble? Still haven't signed the backup OL yet right?

Any underperforming 1st Rd pick, bad fit guys on shit teams, or recoverable injured with potential coming up?? (Pace seems to like taking low risk/high reward shots like this for short prove-it deals, depth/fillers at worst)

We spread the cap around, and sign depth (cuts, waivers, possibly a trade). Get our rookies signed and finally extend some deserving contracts (Floyd is one), everybody needs to stop jumping the gun. Pretty sure CCS has members that warn ya'll this could happen.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
At the end of the day, it appears Nagy and Pace are banking on Trubs and more familiarity with the O as how we make significant leaps forward as the moves thus far cannot be said to have improved us.

If you are content with that do you but considering we had around 28 million to spend once we restructured Mack, forgive me if I had hoped for far more than 3 filler types who can't be said to be clearly better than the guys they are replacing.

Hopefully we don't find ourselves looking back on FA 2019 as a missed opportunity.

There's still plenty of time, FA could last while.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Hearing that we were in on Anthony Chickillo makes me think we will be much more active in the second wave. My guess is we have been negotiating and waiting to see where the market lands on the second tier players. Traditional Pace at least fills all of our holes with at least a band aid player before the draft so we are not pigeonholed into drafting a certain position. I would expect the same this year. My guess is we sign a safety and olb over the next couple of days.

Wishful thinking would be Houston and Ha ha Clinton Dix but it will probably be more like a Shane Ray/sendejo combo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Think you are confused. Not an issue of Bears being obligated to throw to him and more an issue of his route tree being very limited just like Howard's route tree is limited.

Guess you missed where he gets less than 2 targets a game. The reason why he doesnt get more is he is severely limited as a player.

I didn't miss any damn thing. You said some dumb shit and are moving the goalposts like you do in every pointless argument you start.

If your point was that he's limited as a player and route runner. You could have just said that, especially since nobody actually said otherwise.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Obviously free agency is still going on.

But *if* the Bears come out of this losing Amos and Callahan, gaining Mike Davis, Buster Skrine and Cordarrelle Patterson, and missing out on Bell, Houston and Thomas, the Bears just got worse, not better. That's not good for 2019.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I hope they use the rest of that cap to lock up Jackson and whithair and maybe Floyd. I’m not for messing up our future cap to sign players like Patterson.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

But *if* the Bears come out of this losing Amos and Callahan, gaining Mike Davis, Buster Skrine and Cordarrelle Patterson, and missing out on Bell, Houston and Thomas, the Bears just got worse, not better. That's not good for 2019.

Yeah, I continue to hope that Pace understands we are not a true 12 win team just yet, once our schedule catches up to us. If Trubisky doesn't take a huge leap, we are looking at 8 or 9 wins.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Jesus Christ modo, are you still harping on the fact I disagree with Pace. Get over it. This is a fan forum where people have different opinions than management.

I simply pointed out that if I am debating the point and you by your own admission were being a smart ass then by definition the comments were not the same. Our comments can't be the same if you weren't actually trying to debate the point and instead decided you would be a smart ass instead.

To be fair you harped on Pace signings (ARob) all year long every single day/week soooooooo.................

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I continue to hope that Pace understands we are not a true 12 win team just yet, once our schedule catches up to us. If Trubisky doesn't take a huge leap, we are looking at 8 or 9 wins.

You mean the 2 GAMES that are different for us vs. teams like the Pack and Detroit??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Who's really still out there for this new cap space to be used on??

I think they expect some post draft cap casualty pickups & want to have the gun loaded for a quick triggerin. :yep:

Any great OL talent on a cap bubble? Still haven't signed the backup OL yet right?

Any underperforming 1st Rd pick, bad fit guys on shit teams, or recoverable injured with potential coming up?? (Pace seems to like taking low risk/high reward shots like this for short prove-it deals, depth/fillers at worst)

I think a 3rd edge rusher and safety has to be top of the list unless they wanna pay for a kicker like Gostkowski.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didn't miss any damn thing. You said some dumb shit and are moving the goalposts like you do in every pointless argument you start.

If your point was that he's limited as a player and route runner. You could have just said that, especially since nobody actually said otherwise.

I said he was like Howard and the debate with Howard particularly with Zenbear was that Howard has a limited route tree. If you were not familiar with that debate then that explains your confusion and ultimately I was not talking to you. So no goalposts were moved.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I said he was like Howard and the debate with Howard particularly with Zenbear was that Howard has a limited route tree. If you were not familiar with that debate then that explains your confusion and ultimately I was not talking to you. So no goalposts were moved.
Not familiar with that debate. Still weird that you quoted my post but you weren't talking to me. But it's all good.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To be fair you harped on Pace signings (ARob) all year long every single day/week soooooooo.................

You are confused as always. I once again had no problem with Pace signing ARob. He simply underperformed this year. That is not a knock on Pace but a knock om ARob for his underperformance.

Being in favor of a FA move and evaluating their performance are two different things. You just have your head up Pace's ass that you think if I knock a guy's performance, it is an indictment of Pace rather than said player.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:

Worse, well for me, that will depend on the offence and specifically Mitch's growth. Defence could see a step back, but I'm expecting the Offense to take a step forward.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not familiar with that debate. Still weird that you quoted my post but you weren't talking to me. But it's all good.

I am referring to the part of my comment tht said
"people talk about Howard . . ." That was a comment to people like Zen not you.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
It was 33 million guaranteed but over 5 years.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-monstrous-70-million-deal-from-the-steelers/

So I am guessing this is actually a slightly better deal. The contract is 4 instead of 5 years and while a lower annual salary, a slightly higher guaranteed and if he hits the incentives he gets pretty much 15 million a year ie max value of 61 million. All in all I would say it's a push but he probably won on principle.

I would figure that whatever base salary and bonuses were included in the first year of Pittsburgh's offer would have been "de facto guaranteed" even if they weren't guaranteed by definition, because the Steelers wouldn't be able to offload Bell that quickly (even if he was 260 lbs). I guess he "won on principle", but he lost a year of his prime career-wise, he didn't earn any additional dollars, and he took a huge gamble by turning down an existing offer and sitting out a year.

I don't think Bell's "principle victory" will be a new trend in players who are franchised. He got some horrible advice from his agent.