My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
No first or second round picks, how much $ does it free up?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ian Rapoport -"Two #Chiefs notes: 1. They seem to have a market for franchised pass-rusher Dee Ford, with the #Packers and #49ers expressing interest, I’m told. 2. They are hosting FA RB Carlos Hyde and there is a good chance they sign him, if all goes well with the physical, source said."
7:48 AM - 9 Mar 2019

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Gipson was released. Wouldn't cancel out any comp picks.
My bad thanks. He still will not be cheaper than Amos. I much prefer re-signing Callahan to Amos, but if Amos comes at a great value due to the FA safety depth, why the desire to replace him? He played his role very well. I take a $4-5M Amos over a $7-8M Gipson.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Ian Rapoport -"Two #Chiefs notes: 1. They seem to have a market for franchised pass-rusher Dee Ford, with the #Packers and #49ers expressing interest, I’m told."

Sloppy seconds for the teams involved with Mack last season.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No first or second round picks, how much $ does it free up?

Not much. Rookie pool is usually less than $10 million total for a team with all their picks.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
My bad thanks. He still will not be cheaper than Amos. I much prefer re-signing Callahan to Amos, but if Amos comes at a great value due to the FA safety depth, why the desire to replace him? He played his role very well. I take a $4-5M Amos over a $7-8M Gipson.

Just because he played ok, Doesn't mean he is the preferred type of SS for Nagy and Pagano. They didn't draft him.

The right way to look at it is if you're going to pay for a SS anyway, might as well pay a little more for one who better fits what you want from the position...

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I'll be very curious to see how the numbers play out but I think the opposite of you. Think Amos gets the bigger contract. Only 25 and coming off a playoff berth. Gipson is 28 and just released. We shall see....

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Yeah i'm pretty sure every Bears fan would take a $4-$5 mil Amos over a $7-$8 mil T.Gipson but just let me know when those are their prices cause i don't think it will be a $4 mil difference in what Amos and Gipson get. Would love to get Amos back for that price though.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'll be very curious to see how the numbers play out but I think the opposite of you. Think Amos gets the bigger contract. Only 25 and coming off a playoff berth. Gipson is 28 and just released. We shall see....
Really? I don't think that a players team making the playoffs or a that a player just got released has anything to do with how much they get as a FA. I guess in extreme cases like the Pats, their players tend to get overvalued. But I think teams will see that Amos' play took a tick up when the Bears had arguable the best front 7 in football and prior to that he was the direct opposite of a playmaker. But as you said we will see... and soon.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I really don't think Amos gets anywhere near what Gipson gets.

Gipson causes turnovers which is worth more money than solid tackling.

His salary was just really high, and his team is in dump mode. Not to mention the glut of safeties on the market right now.

It's a buyers market

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

msadows

Liked Posts:
I really don't think Amos gets anywhere near what Gipson gets.

Gipson causes turnovers which is worth more money than solid tackling.

His salary was just really high, and his team is in dump mode. Not to mention the glut of safeties on the market right now.

It's a buyers market

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

But Amos #1 PFF SAFETY EVER.

NUMBA 1.

I too think Amos is in for a SERIOUS reality check once he hits FA. Will come crawling back to the Bears for a 6m a year offer.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everyone just saw Amos significantly help lose our playoff game. I don't sign a safety and play Bush or a draft pick. We are going to have to sign Jackson in 2 years and you aren't getting a top flight safety on a 2 year deal. We keep Jackson but I don't want to spend over $20m at the safety position. This part of team building. Elevate good players play with scheme and associated players, draft well and have a replacement waiting in the wings. Pittsburgh used to be really good at it.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Jahleel Addae released by the Chargers, yet another solid safety hits the market. Incredible.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would make Amos a fair, solid offer for his potential future play and general health while doing SOME things well. Overpaying Amos would be a mistake. Name your price and move on. Draft one anyway or look at some top UDFA’s this year. Poster above is smart. Moving on is the best for the bears especially with Pagano coming in and continuity not part of it. These are the toughest decisions. Amos now or Jackson later. If that is the long term reality?

Then you save cap now and pick Jackson, get something out of Bush, and bring in another at #4.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Jahleel Addae released by the Chargers, yet another solid safety hits the market. Incredible.

Yep. I was worried in the beginning of the year if we lost Amos due to how scarce the market was but its damn near a safety from every team on the market

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This has to devalue salary demands @s doesn’t it? I’ve never seen so many starting safeties hit the open market at one time

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Amos was forced to play Eddie Jackson’s role in the playoffs, that is why he had a couple bad plays. He can’t do what Jackson does.

I would still gladly have him back. When he is in his role he is good at what he does.

As for Gipson, I am not are he makes more than Amos, he is older and has made his money. I think he may be more elective than the first big offer that comes.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But Amos #1 PFF SAFETY EVER.

NUMBA 1.

I too think Amos is in for a SERIOUS reality check once he hits FA. Will come crawling back to the Bears for a 6m a year offer.

Best case scenario is the market knocks Amos’ demands down and he comes back at the Bears number.