Free Agency news tracker

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Its infuriating how stupid this is. We just potentially gave 2 4th round picks away and for what? Average joe players I am just so disappointed in this. I really thought Pace was smarter than this but apparently not.
If Bellamy and Lynch get signed will most likely still get some comps... The sky isn't falling bro.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'll admit I don't watch enough jets games so I'll reserve judgement on him for now. Just said it's not looking good based off the jets fans opinions. maybe he pissed them off a couple games that just stick out in their minds.

Fans are idiots. This thread proves that.

I don't personally know anything about him, and have no opinion. But to think you'll get honest assessments of a player's ability from a fan forum is not smart. And a fan forum the day after a player goes elsewhere? No way anyone will say anything good.

Matt Nag liked him last year when he was not signing with us, and had no reason to build him up, so maybe we should just wait and see.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
With Bellamy likely signing elsewhere the list of Bears potential comp picks or pick cancellations are growing.

Likely leaving FA's that can garner a comp pick.

Amos
Callahan
Lynch
Bellamy
Cunningham
Maybe even K White.

We might have to give up picks for letting K.White, B.Cunningham, Bellamy and Lynch go.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Im all for everything R.Pace does even though you all hate the guy. Today he made some good signings of M.Davis and B.Skrine. We may not get comp picks for A.Amos or B.Callahan but I trust R.Pace even though most of you don’t.

OK D.Bears70

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Yeah who wants bell when you can get buster skrine! Honestly I didn’t want them to sign anyone including Amos and Callahan but if they were going to sign a fa make it a star or it’s not worth it. What they did is in my opinion worst case scenario. Signed average players that negate comp picks for good players.

Yeah, and maybe after we sign Bell we can create a time machine and go back to 1994 when people didn’t understand how stupid it was to pay a rb crazy money (especially a veteran with lots of wear) and we can run the I and give him the ball 40 times a game.

Your idea is so antiquated and stupid. And I seriously doubt you actually have much of an idea about how good buster sktine actually is. Just because he’s not a star or name you immediately recognize as a great player you just dismiss it. And they’re signing him to be the nickel, not like they’re paying him 16 million to be on the outside. He’s a nickel they signed for 5.5 million a year. He’s not exactly supposed to be the backbone of the defense.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If Bellamy and Lynch get signed will most likely still get some comps... The sky isn't falling bro.

No we won't you dumb ass

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's amazing that he considers any of those seasons as relevant to how good Detroit was supposed to be in 2018

As compared to how relevant was last year will be to this years Lions? Works both ways doesn't it?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Well damn, after giving it much thought............i'm gonna go with a big fat fucking NO...I'm staying. :elephant:
I would expect the number of sausages you probably eat keep you pretty immobile ..

Figured out your, most likely, incorrect reasoning on the comp picks yet?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Plus if we signed bigger named FAs, doesn't mean we'd get comp picks.

Apparently we went for older vet Weddle, but lost out to Rams. We're in competition without much $$. Comp picks are nice, but it's not always an option; and certainly not the priority.

4th round pick or Buster Skrine for 5.5 a year. I think the Bears should have taken the 4th and saved the cap for next year or use it on a released vet later on, as I don’t think he will make enough of a difference over those options.

You can roll cap into the following season. Still sign a guy like Skrine and have a 4th round pick.

I believe plenty of options exist to give the Bears the same level of ability as Skrine without sacrificing the 4th.

Bears were major buyers last year, now is the perfect year to sell as SS and the oft injured nickel back are expendable luxuries.

Don’t forget which rounds Amos, Jackson, Cohen, Howard etc we’re drafted in.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Fans are idiots. This thread proves that.

I don't personally know anything about him, and have no opinion. But to think you'll get honest assessments of a player's ability from a fan forum is not smart. And a fan forum the day after a player goes elsewhere? No way anyone will say anything good.

Matt Nag liked him last year when he was not signing with us, and had no reason to build him up, so maybe we should just wait and see.

Skrine has played in the NFL for 9 seasons and did all 9 with just two teams with the Jets and Clev so he must not suck all that much.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Yeah, and maybe after we sign Bell we can create a time machine and go back to 1994 when people didn’t understand how stupid it was to pay a rb crazy money (especially a veteran with lots of wear) and we can run the I and give him the ball 40 times a game.

Your idea is so antiquated and stupid. And I seriously doubt you actually have much of an idea about how good buster sktine actually is. Just because he’s not a star or name you immediately recognize as a great player you just dismiss it. And they’re signing him to be the nickel, not like they’re paying him 16 million to be on the outside. He’s a nickel they signed for 5.5 million a year. He’s not exactly supposed to be the backbone of the defense.

Thank you for proving my point. Consistently good teams don’t give up high comp picks on average players. That’s all I’ve been saying. Skrine is not worth giving up a 4th and paying him 5.5 a year.

Simpler way to look at it. Do you think next week the Bears could trade Skrine for a 4th? No chance can’t even get a 4th for Howard anymore. Yet so many so easily dismiss their value, not to mention the cap savings.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No we won't you dumb ass
You would think you wouldn't act like such a dick when you are so wrong. Both Lynch and Bellamy will be comp cancellation picks with 6-7th rounders. Bellamy actually is an immediate cancellation of the Mike Davis deal. who is the dumbass now?

Mitchapalooza

Not thrilled with the Skrine signing but only 8.5m guaranteed. Gonna give him a shot before doggin' him.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Tony Pauline

@TonyPauline
Belief in league circles is the Houston Texans will make a big push for Earl Thomas after losing Tyrann Mathieu
7:51 PM - 11 Mar 2019