Free Agency news tracker

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Then why are you on a message board? This is a place for people to express how they think. You should just read Larry Meyer articles and call it a day.

If you insist on expressing how you think, please at least think.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He played well enough last year when Callahan went down

McManis didn't get burned or look terribly out of place. But then again, it was a short stint and he was surrounded by great defenders.

He is not terrible. But he has proven to not be NFL starter material on a good D.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Now this I’m all for if Amos is gone. Won’t count against comp picks either since he was cut!

Lets just remember that before we signed Davis and Skrine that all day we were all in here hoping for T.Coleman and L.Bell and M.Ingram and T.Gipson and bringing back Amos and/or Callhan only for us all to be let down because we all got hit from behind with Davis and Skrine, so all i'm saying is we shouldn't get our hopes up from one tweet about Gipson this time so we're not so let down if it doesn't happen.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Every game I watched of the Jets this year (minus Bears) featured Skrine getting multiple penalties and nearly ejected at least once.
Is there a possibility he was trying to do too much because of who he was surrounded by?

Sometimes guys with all the tools can come to a place with better pieces and do much better when the aren't trying to do too much.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
McManis didn't get burned or look terribly out of place. But then again, it was a short stint and he was surrounded by great defenders.

He is not terrible. But he has proven to not be NFL starter material on a good D.

I think he played just as well as Callahan albeit in a short stint. While I think the McManis and Skrine combo is not as good as Callahan I don’t think it is a huge dropoff.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You guys are way too concerned with comp picks over plugging in holes on this team before the draft

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Come on now, you can't really sit there as a grown man and tell me you didn't see that he came at me out of nowhere in this thread when we were talking free agency all day before he even got in the thread?? Please tell me you're not that bad of a person that you're gonna follow those clowns lead and not see that he came at me out of nowhere? If me not backing down from internet tough guys makes me a dick then you got your very own views on things. I never come at anyone until they come at me first.
Not reading 1200+ posts. Just saw you be an ass over an innocuous post. If you just ignored the crap that bothers you it would go away. You are just giving people what they are trying to elicit from you.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Former Vikings’ LB Anthony Barr intends to sign with the NY Jets, per league source. Jets get a pass rusher.
8:26 PM - 11 Mar 2019

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You guys are way too concerned with comp picks over plugging in holes on this team before the draft

Agreed. Im looking around like we really want a 6th round pick over Bell?

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Is there a possibility he was trying to do too much because of who he was surrounded by?

Sometimes guys with all the tools can come to a place with better pieces and do much better when the aren't trying to do too much.

He didn't look terrible besides the penalties. He also made some big plays. I'm not upset about the signing of him or Davis. I think they're both good players and Davis immediately improves the roster. In the end, who knows, maybe Skrine improves the nickle position. It's a lot easier to look great with our pass rush combined with Eddie Jackson taking away the rest of the field.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don't think you have a clue what is going on. I think you are one of many who don't understand that a team with cap limitations and their own free agents is likely to lose their own players and will need to sign others to fill holes. If we can't afford our own guys, we aren't signing upgrades. It's about finding the best fit for what $ you have.

Nagy likes Skrine. It's not the most critical position on the field, and we have a long way to go before opening day to possibly acquire another nickle back somewhere. It's a nickle back, not a quarter back. Let the moves play out before you declare all is lost.

Every year teams lose somebody to FA. We stand to lose a few guys, but at the least critical positions of all. Our biggest loss will be our second best safety if we even lose him.

Relax.
I liked Callahan but he had some bad moments a few years back. He looked great behind this front 7 but McMannis looked very good after having been given the chance previously and playing poorly.

Maybe Skrine looks A quality in this D , maybe Callahan regresses elsewhere.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I don't think you have a clue what is going on. I think you are one of many who don't understand that a team with cap limitations and their own free agents is likely to lose their own players and will need to sign others to fill holes. If we can't afford our own guys, we aren't signing upgrades. It's about finding the best fit for what $ you have.

Nagy likes Skrine. It's not the most critical position on the field, and we have a long way to go before opening day to possibly acquire another nickle back somewhere. It's a nickle back, not a quarter back. Let the moves play out before you declare all is lost.

Every year teams lose somebody to FA. We stand to lose a few guys, but at the least critical positions of all. Our biggest loss will be our second best safety if we even lose him.

Relax.

Once again your last paragraph agrees with what I have been saying all along.

We are setup to lose guys at the least critical positions. Let them GO and take the PICKs! Replace them with cut vets, mid round picks, or even in house development. You could even trade a late round future pick for a vet, as long as it’s later than the comp pick it’s a net positive gain.

You don’t cancel out a comp pick for a non critical position, and certainly not for an average player at said non critical position.

If you want to counter that Skrine has the potential to be great or the best option by far available, completely worth the sacrifice of pick and cap space, that I can understand. I’ll disagree but at least it makes sense.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
You would think you wouldn't act like such a dick when you are so wrong. Both Lynch and Bellamy will be comp cancellation picks with 6-7th rounders. Bellamy actually is an immediate cancellation of the Mike Davis deal. who is the dumbass now?
I'm still waiting for him to try to talk his way around his obviously incorrect assumptions.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Dumbass said that if Lynch and Bellamy get signed that we'll get comp picks for both and you believe that? Free agency just started and the Bears aren't done signing free agents.
That's not what I said. Go read it again.

I said if they get signed we could still get comp picks.. I didn't say for them you fuck tard.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Agreed. Im looking around like we really want a 6th round pick over Bell?

Honestly all these people trying to prop up buster skrine when Pace just let Bell slip thru his fingers. When will the Pace meatball fanboys actually admit it when Pace blows it big time?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Come on now, you can't really sit there as a grown man and tell me you didn't see that he came at me out of nowhere in this thread when we were talking free agency all day before he even got in the thread?? Please tell me you're not that bad of a person that you're gonna follow those clowns lead and not see that he came at me out of nowhere? If me not backing down from internet tough guys makes me a dick then you got your very own views on things. I never come at anyone until they come at me first.
I didn't "come at you".... You had your pants around your ankles and were literally bent over shitting all over the thread with your usual self important useless drivel and I told you to shut the fuck up.

That's all that happened.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
4th round pick or Buster Skrine for 5.5 a year. I think the Bears should have taken the 4th and saved the cap for next year or use it on a released vet later on, as I don’t think he will make enough of a difference over those options.

You can roll cap into the following season. Still sign a guy like Skrine and have a 4th round pick.

I believe plenty of options exist to give the Bears the same level of ability as Skrine without sacrificing the 4th.

Bears were major buyers last year, now is the perfect year to sell as SS and the oft injured nickel back are expendable luxuries.

Don’t forget which rounds Amos, Jackson, Cohen, Howard etc we’re drafted in.
It's certainly possible to make a choice where you get a draft comp, something to shoot for, sure, but then reality steps in. You can hope 'a good vet is released later on', but last few years the good FA are taken very very fast. Waiting, hoping and assuming doesn't sound good to me.

Who would you have signed specifically? Or otherwise, which current Bear would you play at NB?

You know Pace has repeatedly said he doesn't like going into the draft with a hole he's required to fill (especially a starting position) -- that has consequences as well, causing GMs to make 'reaches', rather than going for BPA from a list of positions that need new blood.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Lets just remember that before we signed Davis and Skrine that all day we were all in here hoping for T.Coleman and L.Bell and M.Ingram and T.Gipson and bringing back Amos and/or Callhan only for us all to be let down because we all got hit from behind with Davis and Skrine, so all i'm saying is we shouldn't get our hopes up from one tweet about Gipson this time so we're not so let down if it doesn't happen.

You won’t find posts from me wanting to sign anyone on that list besides maybe Bell. I’m not a fan of that signing though as he is one puff away from a year long suspension and will cost to much for the risk. As funny as it sounds I prefer Davis at 3mil vs 15+mil for Bell when looking at the Bears current cap situation. I am not saying Davis is better than Bell obviously.

I did want Hunt, I’ll admit that, but I’m a vet min deal with incentives. Think that had potential to be a Super Bowl winning move with the only risk being some press embarrassment if he snaps (who cares).

Also wanted Gould if possible.

Gipson is whatever I am just saying that is the type of move I wanted to see all offseason. The Beats have lost so many assets the last couple of years it is time to pay the piper and recoup some of that loss for the future.