Free Agency news tracker

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anthony Barr to the Jets.

That Cousins contract starting to bleed them a little.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I’m fully behind R.Pace and trust him to find more upgrades to the roster. It’s only day 1 of tampering and he secured B.Skrine and M.Davis. There are lots of safeties on the market like G.Quin or C.Geathers or G.Iloka to choose from tomorrow or maybe even tonight. Whatever R.Pace does I believe in his vision.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
He didn't look terrible besides the penalties. He also made some big plays. I'm not upset about the signing of him or Davis. I think they're both good players and Davis immediately improves the roster. In the end, who knows, maybe Skrine improves the nickle position. It's a lot easier to look great with our pass rush combined with Eddie Jackson taking away the rest of the field.
100% agree. Also when your responsibilities are minimized you don't have to think as much and can just react.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Honestly all these people trying to prop up buster skrine when Pace just let Bell slip thru his fingers. When will the Pace meatball fanboys actually admit it when Pace blows it big time?
You are wrong about wanting to sign Bell. Period.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’m fully behind R.Pace and trust him to find more upgrades to the roster. It’s only day 1 of tampering and he secured B.Skrine and M.Davis. There are lots of safeties on the market like G.Quin or C.Geathers or G.Iloka to choose from tomorrow or maybe even tonight. Whatever R.Pace does I believe in his vision.

Well when u put it that way I guess this isnt quite the absolute ****ing disaster I was thinking it is.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You are wrong about wanting to sign Bell. Period.

I really thought after deciding to miss out on Hunt that Pace was actually interested in winning a superbowl with Bell but looks like he just wants to keep the rebuild going...

Rise

Liked Posts:
It's certainly possible to make a choice where you get a draft comp, something to shoot for, sure, but then reality steps in. You can hope a good vet in released, but last few years the good FA are taken very very fast. Waiting, hoping and assuming doesn't sound good to me.

Who would you have signed specifically? Or otherwise, which current Bear would you play at NB?

You know Pace has repeatedly said he doesn't like going into the draft with a hole he's required to fill (especially a starting position) -- that has consequences as well, causing GMs to make 'reaches', rather than going for BPA from a list of positions that need new blood.

I think they have so much invested on defense as it is that I’m fine with using Mcmanis at NB all year as a worst case scenario. He seemed perfectly ok to me, and with Jackson back the secondary is strong enough.

I’d have preferred to roll the cap, use it for a cut vet, a trade, anything besides a FA who isn’t a clear star this year. If it has to be spent on a FA defender give me a 3rd edge rusher to go along with Mack and Floyd.

As far as specific players can’t answer that now, but I certainly will the week before week one if you remind me.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think there is going to be a surprise signing when free agency opens for the Bears, especially after adding more cap space today.

Once again your last paragraph agrees with what I have been saying all along.

We are setup to lose guys at the least critical positions. Let them GO and take the PICKs! Replace them with cut vets, mid round picks, or even in house development. You could even trade a late round future pick for a vet, as long as it’s later than the comp pick it’s a net positive gain.

You don’t cancel out a comp pick for a non critical position, and certainly not for an average player at said non critical position.

If you want to counter that Skrine has the potential to be great or the best option by far available, completely worth the sacrifice of pick and cap space, that I can understand. I’ll disagree but at least it makes sense.
Exactly.
I’ve been trying to explain this as well as buy years and sell years to bears fans for 15 years. Much to my boggled chagrin the bears front office has proven definitively they do not know how comp picks work or don’t think they are worth it despite top 5 teams in nfl over last 20 years all employ comp pick strategy religiously.

9 picks>7 and starts a cycle of wealth which repeats itself.

To forego this cycle for bargain bin vets is lunacy!

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Anthony Barr to the Jets.

That Cousins contract starting to bleed them a little.

Yeah, Vikings are in pretty bad shape cap wise and losing players. They could be in for another long year.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I really thought after deciding to miss out on Hunt that Pace was actually interested in winning a superbowl with Bell but looks like he just wants to keep the rebuild going...
We don't need an over priced running back to win a super bowl.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
to continue, you could have signed Callahan, kept Howard, and paid about the same cash while receiving 2 picks next year.

Wtf?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Someone mentioned Cordarelle Patterson earlier today, and I'd really like him on this team. Despite losing 2 starters on D, there shouldn't be a ton of dropoff on that side. The offense should be trending up with another year in the offense for all 11 starters returning, along with the top reserves (at least until howard is traded). Special teams is where the Bears can really take the overall team up a notch and become championship caliber.

Patterson would give the Bears an excellent return man with gamebreaking ability, and on offense he'd add another dimension to Nagy's creativity. The Bears don't have a ton of speed on offense, and the speed they do have (Gabriel and Cohen) are both under 5'8". At 6'2", Patterson can create the occasional mismatch down the field, along with being the team's best option in WR screens, reverses, and gimmick plays.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Exactly.
I’ve been trying to explain this as well as buy years and sell years to bears fans for 15 years. Much to my boggled chagrin the bears front office has proven definitively they do not know how comp picks work or don’t think they are worth it despite top 5 teams in nfl over last 20 years all employ comp pick strategy religiously.

9 picks>7 and starts a cycle of wealth which repeats itself.

To forego this cycle for bargain bin vets is lunacy!

I’m not alone! Somebody gets it!!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
to continue, you could have signed Callahan, kept Howard, and paid about the same cash while receiving 2 picks next year.

Wtf?

These guys are excited about the comp pick strategy Pace is trying to perfect.

TrapperKarl

Liked Posts:
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Former Rams’ franchise safety Lamarcus Joyner plans to sign a four-year deal with the Oakland Raiders, per source. Raiders keep spending and keep adding.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ian Rapoport
‏@RapSheet
The #Raiders are expected to sign for former #Rams franchise player, safety Lamarcus Joyner, sources say. A free safety that gives them speed in the secondary.
8:57 PM - 11 Mar 2019

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not reading 1200+ posts. Just saw you be an ass over an innocuous post. If you just ignored the crap that bothers you it would go away. You are just giving people what they are trying to elicit from you.

Well the thing is is that it doesn't really bother me really and i have fun with those guys because i know they're just losers on the internet. What does bother me is when others jump in and automatically come at me when it's not me that starts the bullshit.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
NFL Update
‏@MySportsUpdate
#Raiders deal with Lamarcus Joyner will be a 4-year deal worth over $41M.

TrapperKarl

Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs
@BradBiggs
Don't know where but sounds like Adrian Amos has a deal with a team and he will not be returning to the #Bears, That's what multiple sources have said. We'll see how it pans out.
10:05 PM · Mar 11, 2019

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I really don't like how this free agency is turning out for the Bears right now. Losing Amos and Callahan, and possibly JHoward for worse players is not exactly my kind of off-season plan..