FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Curious why you would pay that for him? He has been nothing special. The Bears RB by committee can easily achieve what he does and will be much cheaper.
He did have 1650 yds 2 years ago. I wouldn’t say “nothing special” 🤷🏾‍♂️

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
He did have 1650 yds 2 years ago. I wouldn’t say “nothing special” 🤷🏾‍♂️
He had one good season where the offense relied on him a ton. Look at the rest of his career. Nothing shouts out special about him. He has not consistently put up elite number like the top RBs in the league.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Ekeler could be interesting at a cheap price. He's been badly overused the last three years. If you return him to mostly a 3rd down role, where he really shines, and give him 6-10 touches a game, I think he could still be pretty good. Price would have to be right though. Still think a cheap deal for someone like Antonio Gibson is the way they'll go.

I'm not interested in the high priced RB at all.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He had one good season where the offense relied on him a ton. Look at the rest of his career. Nothing shouts out special about him. He has not consistently put up elite number like the top RBs in the league.
Three 1,000 yard seasons and 2 PB’s. He’s not special. he’s in the very good category

(But I wouldn’t spend big on him)

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Three 1,000 yard seasons and 2 PB’s. He’s not special. he’s in the very good category

I agree with @MikeDitkaPolishSausage and don't think a 1,000 yds for a full time RB is as good as it used to be. I think a full time RB should be more around 1,300+ on the ground for him to be considered in the top realm of RB's.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Last edited:

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Agreed. Not saying Jacobs is bad by any means. Like you said, would not spend big on him when the RB by committee we currently have could put up similar numbers.

The Bears would be best to grab another RB in the draft. The FA RBs interest me but not worth the money they will demand

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Brian Burns tagged

Apparently, it’s the non-exclusive tag.

The compensation for the non-exclusive is so over the top, it really amounts to a regular tag imo.

abegibronreborn

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
Definitely helps the odds of baker coming back.
It makes sense...Tampa has a pretty solid corps and they won a playoff game last year. Plus, as others have pointed out, an entire career with one team, Florida's tax benefits and good weather, and a nice hefty contract.

Good for Evans. And likely good for Baker.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
No need to spend money on running back. Build the dline/oline that’s where the money should go.

Safety, WR, RB are needs but try to get good deals after day 2z
Where other teams zig, it's a good idea to look at zagging. With all these good running backs available, the market is about to take another big hit. How many teams are going to want to throw $10 mil+ at a back? I'm guessing maybe only 2: Barkley and Jacobs, and just barely that. The rest, Derrick Henry for christ's sake, will get less.

We might be able to get a guy like Tony Pollard or Austin Ekeler for the same price Detroit got David Montgomery for. That'd be a nice value, then you spend your draft picks on those more premium positions hoping you hit on a guy in the 3rd/4th.