FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Bears should be able to sell Wilson as a team with young nucleus and tons of cap space and draft capital if they trade the number 1. Would you like to throw to DJ Moore and MHJ with Derrick Henry as your lead back? Oh we also have 1 additional first rounder and a bunch of picks in 2025/26. Bears can afford to give Wilson 5-10 million to sweeten the pot once they trade Fields.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Poles should sign Russell Wilson and have Caleb sit a year or two..

Hate all you want but that would be the perfect scenario..
I wouldn’t mind actually. But I really think the Bears will take the Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, CJ Stroud, Cam Newton, route. Start him off the bat.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
I am fine with that except that Caleb will beat out Wilson in training camp. They aren’t drafting CW #1 and having him sit one let alone two years. Maybe, maybe, RW or other vet starts a few games. Maybe you sign him to mentor and in case of injury. But if CW isn’t ready the first year they probably screwed up. Further how much is Wilson going to cost to be, at best, a place holder? I am not dismissing this completely, it isn’t a terrible idea, but money will probably be better spent elsewhere. If CW is truly “generational” does he need his hand held for a year or two?
Poles could sign Russell for 6 bucks considering the broncos have to pay him 87 million 😆

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Bears should be able to sell Wilson as a team with young nucleus and tons of cap space and draft capital if they trade the number 1. Would you like to throw to DJ Moore and MHJ with Derrick Henry as your lead back? Oh we also have 1 additional first rounder and a bunch of picks in 2025/26. Bears can afford to give Wilson 5-10 million to sweeten the pot once they trade Fields.
Hard pass.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I wouldn’t mind actually. But I really think the Bears will take the Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, CJ Stroud, Cam Newton, route. Start him off the bat.
Can we please go back to the old school way of doing things, and making a rookie earn the job?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with planning on sitting him until he wins it outright.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Poles should sign Russell Wilson and have Caleb sit a year or two..

Hate all you want but that would be the perfect scenario..
Why would RW want to come to Chicago instead of ring chase on a team like San Fran, or go back to a southern team since that's where he and Ciara are from?

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Why would RW want to come to Chicago instead of ring chase on a team like San Fran, or go back to a southern team since that's where he and Ciara are from?
Can you imagine if he resigned with Seattle for veteran minimum?

I know it isnt in the region of likely scenarios, but the absolute theft of the Broncos would go from hilarious to hysterical.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Can we please go back to the old school way of doing things, and making a rookie earn the job?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with planning on sitting him until he wins it outright.
Pretty sure the old school way was to just pay guys straight out of the draft before they even took a snap. I think jmarcus russell is one of the prime examples of why this rule was changed to the NEW way with rookie contracts.

While this is great for the league and parity overall it really screws the players, especially when you look at RB's etc.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I certainly would not hate sitting Williams for a year but it won’t ever happen in this city. As soon as Wilson shits the bed the fans would hit the drums for Williams and now we toss him in the fire without a full offseason. Does that sound familiar? Trubisky and Fields both had this fate.

Just forget it, gotta just go all in to get him ready to start week 1.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
OH I got you, I just wanted to share in this happy vision I have going in my head.

Off tackle run, Jenkins pulls around Wright to blast the end in wide 9. Kmet with two steps plants the LB on his ass, and Wright is right there on the second level, his initial assignment already planted next to where Jenkins has his guy on the floor. Henry has a few steps, and pushes his shoulder through the safety, barely loses speed as he then cruises thirty yards before another defender enters the frame.

King Henry would get 60,000 Chicago fans rumbling loud enough that you would swear Soldier Field holds 100k.
Now that's a vision.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
They wanted to be a package deal.
And then the Bears promptly snatch Antonio Winfield Jr, who they will have no money to franchise tag

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

IMO he becomes a issue if you sit him. Maybe not a big issue or maybe it is a big issue but in some way i think it becomes an issue. Maybe this is where his dad starts talking or we start seeing tweets from his camp. This kid Has serious confidence in himself and seems like a big ego. I say we start him from the start.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
IMO he becomes a issue if you sit him. Maybe not a big issue or maybe it is a big issue but in some way i think it becomes an issue. Maybe this is where his dad starts talking or we start seeing tweets from his camp. This kid Has serious confidence in himself and seems like a big ego. I say we start him from the start.
Which would probably be a Sunday night game in Lambeau..

I could see that playing out only 2 ways and one of them is really bad.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Well,
rumors are winfield is closing in on 3yr deal averaging 20 mill per season
They had about $44M in cap space, -$26M for Evans, -$30M for Baker... -$20M for AWJ???

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Well,

They had about $44M in cap space, -$26M for Evans, -$30M for Baker... -$20M for AWJ???
yes but you or I have no idea how the contract is structured (front loaded, back loaded) more than likely two of the three will be backloaded

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
yes but you or I have no idea how the contract is structured (front loaded, back loaded) more than likely two of the three will be backloaded
I agree but rumors aside, I don't see their QB signing for less than the WR1, and I don't see how they will have $20M to reset the market for a safety.

We shall see.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I agree but rumors aside, I don't see their QB signing for less than the WR1, and I don't see how they will have $20M to reset the market for a safety.

We shall see.
They can cut Russell Gage and restructure Vita Vea and Carlton Davis and get about $30m more in cap space pretty easily.

Although it seems dumb to go for it with Baker Mayfield.