FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Crazy because a couple of years ago remember being called an idiot about this!

I’m not sure who I backed in this. But yea I remember the media bashing the Seahawks

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I like the idea of signing Barkley. Neither Herbert or Johnson are complete backs. Saquon is.

He's still young. Sign him to a 3 year deal with an out after two while you look for his replacement in the next two drafts.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I like the idea of signing Barkley. Neither Herbert or Johnson are complete backs. Saquon is.

He's still young. Sign him to a 3 year deal with an out after two while you look for his replacement in the next two drafts.
I actually wouldn't mind that either if he comes with a reasonable deal.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

For how much? He ran for less than 1k yards last year (14 games) and only averaged 3.9 Y/A. I don’t think he’s the same ol Barkley and I’ve never been a fan of signing RBs for a lot of money

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Broncos are willing to take 85 million dollars in dead money by releasing him, there’s more to it. If I was other teams, I’d be asking why?

There really isn't. Thats way too much money for Russell Wilson but when you start talking about vet min, then it becomes much more attractive

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I am a big Jenkins fan and also would of loved it if him and Wright could of lined up together on the right side but once again Poles/Flus moved Jenkins, again, because they signed a G in N.Davis who only can/wants to play at RG.

I imagined it that's why my second sentence was this:

Not to say i wouldn't thoroughly enjoy watching Henry running through the lines like the beast he is and completely mushing a defender or two with a Henry stiff arm because i would.
OH I got you, I just wanted to share in this happy vision I have going in my head.

Off tackle run, Jenkins pulls around Wright to blast the end in wide 9. Kmet with two steps plants the LB on his ass, and Wright is right there on the second level, his initial assignment already planted next to where Jenkins has his guy on the floor. Henry has a few steps, and pushes his shoulder through the safety, barely loses speed as he then cruises thirty yards before another defender enters the frame.

King Henry would get 60,000 Chicago fans rumbling loud enough that you would swear Soldier Field holds 100k.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Poles should sign Russell Wilson and have Caleb sit a year or two..

Hate all you want but that would be the perfect scenario..

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
For how much? He ran for less than 1k yards last year (14 games) and only averaged 3.9 Y/A. I don’t think he’s the same ol Barkley and I’ve never been a fan of signing RBs for a lot of money
The Giants had no pass threat on offense and their OL was terrible. Barkley got all of defenses attention with loaded boxes. With a respectable pass game and better OL (that we have) I bet he sees a career resurgence.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Poles should sign Russell Wilson and have Caleb sit a year or two..

Hate all you want but that would be the perfect scenario..
I am fine with that except that Caleb will beat out Wilson in training camp. They aren’t drafting CW #1 and having him sit one let alone two years. Maybe, maybe, RW or other vet starts a few games. Maybe you sign him to mentor and in case of injury. But if CW isn’t ready the first year they probably screwed up. Further how much is Wilson going to cost to be, at best, a place holder? I am not dismissing this completely, it isn’t a terrible idea, but money will probably be better spent elsewhere. If CW is truly “generational” does he need his hand held for a year or two?