FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Poles will trade within the division I do think the Vikings could potentially offer the most for Fields. They wanted him during his draft as well.

That was the previous regime. The GM and Head Coach were hired in 2022 after Fields was drafted. Not to say they dont have interest but it was Spielman and Zimmer that supposedly liked Fields in 2021.

Vikings were looking to trade up for Slater, not Fields.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
“Why doesn’t it help Fields trade value” is what I implied. If I wanted to talk about what’s best for the 2024 win/loss record I would have wrote about it.
You didn't even think of it, or you would have wrote what you implied, not what you actually wrote.

Anyway, yes, Cousins staying with the Vikings would be better for Fields trade market but worse for the Bears, probably over more than just the 2024 season.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pace struggled for his first 3-4 years to land big fa. Things didn’t change until naggy. Things have changed every team has money to spend. You guys forget so easily how much trash got big contracts under pace cause no one else wanted to play for a dumpster fire

Thats because most free agents aren't successful when it comes to return on value. Free agency isn't usually a tool for the successful teams. I'm shocked

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I imagine this can’t help Poles ability to negotiate a Fields trade.
It depends on if they trade Fields to a team that wants him as a starter or backup. If a team expects him to start, Poles will get a lot more than a 6th round pick

Rise

Liked Posts:
You didn't even think of it, or you would have wrote what you implied, not what you actually wrote.

Anyway, yes, Cousins staying with the Vikings would be better for Fields trade market but worse for the Bears, probably over more than just the 2024 season.

It is exactly what I was thinking and exactly on the topic I wrote about. Your second sentence is the proper way to communicate your message, if you just did that to begin with we could have avoided this whole trivial conversation.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It is exactly what I was thinking and exactly on the topic I wrote about. Your second sentence is the proper way to communicate your message, if you just did that to begin with we could have avoided this whole trivial conversation.
That's pretty much exactly what I did begin with.

Because it will almost certainly make MIN worse and they are in the Bears division.

The proper way to communicate your message is to write what you actually mean, so you don't have to imply.

If you what he meant, why didn't you just acknowledge it instead of asking what he meant?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
When you consider that in spot starts, Sean Payton actually got competent qb play from Taysom Hill, I don't see why he wouldn't think he could get that from Fields. Though he may just bring in Jameis Winston as a bridge.
he’s not going to Denver and Payton wants nothing to do with him.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aside from trading JF, everything is going right for the Bears thus far. Capitalize!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I don't think Bozeman is a great fit but it helps the Bears. There are like 10 starting C in free agency now.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It depends on if they trade Fields to a team that wants him as a starter or backup. If a team expects him to start, Poles will get a lot more than a 6th round pick
That really shouldn’t matter other than desperation. His value is his value regardless. If enough teams want him, the price goes up til one is left standing.

AktionJackson

Liked Posts:
ESPN’s Jordan Raanan reports the Chargers, Ravens, and Bears are believed to be serious suitors for RB Saquon Barkley. He is expected to get a deal in the $10 million range.

Rise

Liked Posts:
That's pretty much exactly what I did begin with.

Because it will almost certainly make MIN worse and they are in the Bears division.

The proper way to communicate your message is to write what you actually mean, so you don't have to imply.

If you what he meant, why didn't you just acknowledge it instead of asking what he meant?

I don’t have to do that because I was quoting a response to my original post and staying on the topic I set. If you want to pivot the topic to a deeper perspective or alternate pathway you need to bridge the discussion.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
That really shouldn’t matter other than desperation. His value is his value regardless. If enough teams want him, the price goes up til one is left standing.
Of course it matters. Trading for a starter will cost more than trading for a backup. Patriots knew they weren’t going to get better than a 6th. Bears know they will.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts: