FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

Canth

Liked Posts:
I don't think Bozeman is a great fit but it helps the Bears. There are like 10 starting C in free agency now.

Yeah, I guess I didn't mean they should sign Bozeman as much as they need to sign somebody because, like you said, there a bunch of starting C in FA right now.

Luke

Liked Posts:
That was the previous regime. The GM and Head Coach were hired in 2022 after Fields was drafted. Not to say they dont have interest but it was Spielman and Zimmer that supposedly liked Fields in 2021.

I could find many more links talking about Slater.
Cousins just threw for 35 TD's and 107 and 105 QB ratings in 2019 and 2020. Then threw for 33Td's and 103 QB rating in 21'.
LT made way more sense.
Anyway who cares.
No way does Fields go to Minny.

If Oregon offensive tackle Penei Sewell is still available at No. 7 overall, by all means, the Vikings would offer up a bevy of picks to get this year’s top tackle.

Realistically, the Vikings are vying for Northwestern tackle Rashawn Slater, per KFAN’s Paul Allen, and have put in plenty of work scouting Slater this offseason.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I don’t have to do that because I was quoting a response to my original post and staying on the topic I set. If you want to pivot the topic to a deeper perspective or alternate pathway you need to bridge the discussion.
I did that in my second post and you started talking about salad dressing.

You asked what he meant instead of just saying what he meant because it wasn't on the topic you set? What?

I realize this discussion has been dumb for awhile, and that is as much my fault as yours, but that just doesn't make any sense.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
ESPN’s Jordan Raanan reports the Chargers, Ravens, and Bears are believed to be serious suitors for RB Saquon Barkley. He is expected to get a deal in the $10 million range.

Seems like the Chargers would be a great fit for him.

I’d love him on the Bears but a lot more money is the only thing that’ll bring him to CHI over SD lol

Canth

Liked Posts:
Seems like the Chargers would be a great fit for him.

I’d love him on the Bears but a lot more money is the only thing that’ll bring him to CHI over SD lol

Yeah, if the Chargers are in on him and with how much Harbaugh really runs the ball, I can see them just willing to pay more to get it done.

Also, minor quibble...the Chargers are in LA now, not SD....

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Chargers still have a negative $20m cap situation. Will have to cut people anyway, but not a great spot for them to sign anyone really.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Chargers still have a negative $20m cap situation. Will have to cut people anyway, but not a great spot for them to sign anyone really.

Oh wow, didn't realize that. I guess that explains the talk of offloading Mack and Bosa.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Not right this minute. But a few cuts or trades and then be just fine I’m sure. They have so many monster contracts.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Not right this minute. But a few cuts or trades and then be just fine I’m sure. They have so many monster contracts.
Yeah Mike Williams is gone for sure.

Just saying they aren't in a great position to be handing out more big deals. Herbert's deal hasn't really even kicked in yet.

Bust

Liked Posts:
back in duh day Khalil Mack had to love his chances for a legit shot at a ring. Line up opposite Bosa with one of the best young qb's in the league running the offense.

the Chargers were STACKED . . . little did he know

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Eh, I doubt that it is seeing those other guys as any sort of sure thing. It's more likely that they can sign them without giving up a draft pick and don't have to make any sort of 5th year option decision on those guys. So, it's more straight forward to acquire Darnold and Lock. Then they probably make them a bridge QB to whoever they try to draft.
Yeah like i said some posts back, there's a lot of variables to why the market isn't hot for Fields and this is another one.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Yeah Mike Williams is gone for sure.

Just saying they aren't in a great position to be handing out more big deals. Herbert's deal hasn't really even kicked in yet.
chargers are fine after navigating this year...bosa and williams are goners one way or another and they will have 10-15 mill in space.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I could find many more links talking about Slater.
Cousins just threw for 35 TD's and 107 and 105 QB ratings in 2019 and 2020. Then threw for 33Td's and 103 QB rating in 21'.
LT made way more sense.
Anyway who cares.
No way does Fields go to Minny.

If Oregon offensive tackle Penei Sewell is still available at No. 7 overall, by all means, the Vikings would offer up a bevy of picks to get this year’s top tackle.

Realistically, the Vikings are vying for Northwestern tackle Rashawn Slater, per KFAN’s Paul Allen, and have put in plenty of work scouting Slater this offseason.

Sure but your statement acted as if Slater was the only option. That is not true. They were rumored to be interested in Fields and Slater and neither of us knows which rumor is true.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Saquon Barkley stats:
1710093810547.png

I don't know if that screams $10M+/yr to me considering all the other needs on the team. Seems like it would be a luxury signing, but maybe paired with Williams they can both do well.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eagles, Bills, Chargers...can't afford these players due to their QB's large contracts?

Canth

Liked Posts:
Eagles, Bills, Chargers...can't afford these players due to their QB's large contracts?

That's definitely a part of the equation for sure. I think all 3 teams paid out a lot of contracts to make a Superbowl run and obviously it didn't work out. So, they are targeting shedding the big contracts of older guys that are either starting to fall off or that they think will soon fall off on performance vs cap hit. Or in some cases like Bosa, a guy that just cannot ever seem to stay healthy.