FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Ricky Pearsall gonna be the next Wes Welker/Julian Edelman, book it.
Fearless over the middle that is for sure. Doesn't have long speed but the Bears sure can use the kind of toughness he brings to the game.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And i'd rather him be our backup than anyone else's backup. Keep him and do or don't pick up the 5th year option and when he leaves in free agency get a 3rd round comp pick for him. Hopefully a team comes calling for him whether their QB is not playing well or because their starter gets injured with a good trade for him.
Yea, I’m not saying to trade him. If the return is trash, there’s little value in moving him. With an improved offense, he might even up his value if he remains the starter.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
QB dominoes are starting to fall. Kirk Cousins is making his decision tonight on if he will remain with the Vikings.

Canth

Liked Posts:

Davis seems to be very inconsistent in actually catching the ball. He has had Josh Allen his entire career and his catch percentage has never really been above 56%. Career average is 54.5%.

Samuel's career average is 65.4% catch percentage and has been upper 60's the last 3 years with not a lot of good QB's there in Washington.

And I think Mooney could do better with Williams than Fields.

I'll give you that Davis is bigger deep threat.

As anything, it will come down to how much a given guy costs.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I think Gabe Davis would be a great signing.

Depending on cost, it might not be a bad signing.

Really, my real hope is that any of those 3: Davis, Mooney, or Samuel is your 3rd WR on the team and priced accordingly. DJ Moore is #1 and I hope like hell they land a 1st round WR for WR2.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Isn’t keenan allen like 150?
I watched him play for 3 years at Cal and when he fell to pick #76 in the 2013 draft I said someone was getting incredible value for a guy that would have a solid 10+ year NFL career.

I haven't made any similar predictions since, but now I am on record as ->

the Keenan Allen of the 2024 draft is: =Ricky Pearsall.