FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

Rise

Liked Posts:
The best bet for the Bears from a draft pick point of view is Cousins ends up staying in MN.

Dark horse would be maybe the Giants?

I’m hoping maybe the Raiders but it is probably wishful thinking.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I guess Wilson plans on being the starter in Pitt and then rebuilding his brand. I suppose it was his best choice.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Cousins goes to Atlanta, and Fields somehow ends up in Minny, Minny vs Chicago going to be much watch TV.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Saquon has gone from +900 to the Bears a couple days ago, to the Bears being the favorite at +200. I guess there may be some truth to those rumors.
I think the rumors that CHI is interested are probably founded. But this has happened quite a bit under Poles and when the price gets too high he backs out. Similar to McGlinchey last year.

I wouldn’t expect Pokes to get into a bidding war And it sounds like there is a lot of interest in Barkley.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The best bet for the Bears from a draft pick point of view is Cousins ends up staying in MN.

Dark horse would be maybe the Giants?
I do think there are dark horse teams out there we’re rarely mentioning that could be big players. The Seahawks would be another I could see having interest.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
ppl willing to take nothing for JF be crazy.. even if you take CW.. why not have an explosive back up in fields for atleast a yr and decline the 5th if thats what u think he is.

Lurk McGurk

Liked Posts:
I think the rumors that CHI is interested are probably founded. But this has happened quite a bit under Poles and when the price gets too high he backs out. Similar to McGlinchey last year.

I wouldn’t expect Pokes to get into a bidding war And it sounds like there is a lot of interest in Barkley.
That sounds likely. I just saw someone's post that said he is "expected" to get a deal in the $10M range. Would you be on board if that's the cost? I'm not a huge fan of paying RBs, but it would be nice to have an all around back, especially with a rookie QB.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
ppl willing to take nothing for JF be crazy.. even if you take CW.. why not have an explosive back up in fields for atleast a yr and decline the 5th if thats what u think he is.
A team is going to need a QB midseason. If Fields is playing a high level, he can be traded mid season.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
A team is going to need a QB midseason. If Fields is playing a high level, he can be traded mid season.
I feel like the board always suggest something like this. If Fields is playing at a high level mid-season, they wouldn't want to trade him. Also, this is creating a toxic environment on your own team with a new QB. Fields is not a seasoned vet playing at a high level. You're creating controversy in a desperate attempt to gain a 2nd round pick.