FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

msadows

Liked Posts:
So bears should have like 55m in cap now after jaylon and byard?

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I feel like this board has too many people that are afraid of being wrong and would rather hand the keys over to an unproven rookie rather than allow him to earn the job.

The last thing to worry about is this team becoming toxic because of Caleb. If he is as great and Fields is as bad as so many claim, it shouldn't even be much of a competition.

Now that everyone is so sure that Fields is worthless in a trade, Poles might as well go into full cliche mode and let the cream rise to the top, iron sharpens Iron, etc etc etc
Well, you've made it very clear where you stand. It's a bad move in general that no other NFL team does, but sure, lets make it about Caleb being toxic and me projecting Fields is terrible. I'm talking about years on this board of folks over valuing the trade value of players assuming they magically turn a corner during the regular season. Especially with QBs. It isn't the first time, and that's outside of the situation you're attempting to void me into. It's just a case of rinse and repeat around here. Name how often the scenario from the original discussion even happens? When do you see starting QBs traded mid-season that are doing well?

**edit: I think the scenario suggested would be toxic for any team. You don't draft a QB in the 1st, then get them to the final year of their deal, and draft another QB1, and make the other sit/battle it out. It just isn't done.... because it isn't good for the the team.

Last edited:

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
much rather have his backup at just a little less and give up a 5th in the process
It could have just been a situation where both players were good and the older veteran on the bigger contract got the nod as the starter.

If Poles found a solid solution to the Center spot for $4M people should be as liberal with the word "Genius" as they are with Idiot.

Especially when teams like the Raiders just signed their center for $8M AAV

msadows

Liked Posts:
It could have just been a situation where both players were good and the older veteran on the bigger contract got the nod as the starter.

If Poles found a solid solution to the Center spot for $4M people should be as liberal with the word "Genius" as they are with Idiot.

Especially when teams like the Raiders just signed their center for $8M AAV

They were not cutting bates, so based on casualties it looks like he would have maybe started for them this year.

Poles seems to really like him. I dont like the 5th but if he's even a quality backup its good value. Just hope they aren't done at center, go get connor williams and start bates until he's healthy.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Well, you've made it very clear where you stand. It's a bad move in general that no other NFL team does, but sure, lets make it about Caleb being toxic and me projecting Fields is terrible. I'm talking about years on this board of folks over valuing the trade value of players assuming they magically turn a corner during the regular season. Especially with QBs. It isn't the first time, and that's outside of the situation you're attempting to void me into. It's just a case of rinse and repeat around here. Name how often the scenario from the original discussion even happens? When do you see starting QBs traded mid-season that are doing well?

**edit: I think the scenario suggested would be toxic for any team. You don't draft a QB in the 1st, then get them to the final year of their deal, and draft another QB1, and make the other sit/battle it out. It just isn't done.... because it isn't good for the the team.
I disagree, I think it's a prudent move for the team. I know the players might not love it but the only reason we don't see it done is because it's rare that teams are in this position with a high pick and an established starter.

I stand on the side that 100% doesn't believe Caleb is ready to start and win in the NFL, and the idea that many will claim the Bears should actually sign a different QB to be a bridge for him is foolish and wasteful.

It's not complicated: If Caleb is better he starts and the team wins, if he isn't Justin leads the team to the playoffs or gets traded mid season for draft capital.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I disagree, I think it's a prudent move for the team. I know the players might not love it but the only reason we don't see it done is because it's rare that teams are in this position with a high pick and an established starter.

I stand on the side that 100% doesn't believe Caleb is ready to start and win in the NFL, and the idea that many will claim the Bears should actually sign a different QB to be a bridge for him is foolish and wasteful.

It's not complicated: If Caleb is better he starts and the team wins, if he isn't Justin leads the team to the playoffs or gets traded mid season for draft capital.
Agree to disagree. Appreciate you sharing and expressing your opinion without making it a pissing match. Need more of that around here even though I'm a 99.9% lurker.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You know I'm for moving Fields ASAP but really, if you can't get a 3rd for him, keep him. His value won't go down much and may go up when a QB drops elsewhere.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Agree to disagree. Appreciate you sharing and expressing your opinion without making it a pissing match. Need more of that around here even though I'm a 99.9% lurker.
Fans should be able to discuss opinions without animosity. Post more 🐻