Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Damn....how much is that tag for safeties?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's not nearly as bad as you're making him out to be. Vic Fangio is not one to make fluff comments about shit players, and there's a reason Pace publicly left the door open for a return. McClellin is a typical NFL backup, albeit one learning a new position and doing so on a bad knee for much of last year.

When you're a first round pick and you already have been relegated to being a "typical backup" there is a huge problem. We have UDFA's that can be our backups

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nice group of free agents this season.

KC, Denver and LA having multiple guys hit the market at the same time helped.

Must be tough drafting well.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Muhammad Wilkerson - DL - Jets

The New York Daily News reports the Jets are "absolutely" open to trading franchise player Muhammad Wilkerson.

However, Manish Mehta reports the "buzz around the league" is that such a deal would be "daunting." Per Mehta, the "elephant in the room" is that the Jets view Sheldon Richardson as more indispensable to their future than Wilkerson. The most likely scenario appears to be Wilkerson playing out 2016 under his $15.7 million tender.

Source: New York Daily News

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Muhammad Wilkerson - DL - Jets

The New York Daily News reports the Jets are "absolutely" open to trading franchise player Muhammad Wilkerson.

However, Manish Mehta reports the "buzz around the league" is that such a deal would be "daunting." Per Mehta, the "elephant in the room" is that the Jets view Sheldon Richardson as more indispensable to their future than Wilkerson. The most likely scenario appears to be Wilkerson playing out 2016 under his $15.7 million tender.

Source: New York Daily News

Jeffrey for Wilkerson straight up. Jeffrey gets to be with his friend, Jets get a young elite receiver, Bears get one of the best defensive players in the NFL.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
SKILLMore Player News
Janoris Jenkins - DB - Rams
Free agent CB Janoris Jenkins has not been franchise tagged, paving the way for him to hit the open market.
With both Jenkins and Trumaine Johnson headed for unrestricted free agency, the Rams opted to tag Johnson, who is over a year younger. Josh Norman was also tagged Tuesday, leaving Jenkins as easily the market's top corner. Jenkins recently fired his agent, and won't settle for anything less than top dollar. He won't struggle to get paid in a league that's made a habit of overpaying free agent corners.
Mar 1 - 3:47 PM

Trumaine Johnson - DB - Rams
Rams assigned the franchise tag to CB Trumaine Johnson.
The Rams have chosen Johnson over fellow free agent CB Janoris Jenkins, though they'll almost certainly work to keep Jenkins in the fold ahead of next week's open market. Johnson is locked into $13.952 million for next season. The sides have until July to reach a long-term agreement. Johnson emerged as one of the league's better corners in 2015, and just turned 26 in January.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeffrey for Wilkerson straight up. Jeffrey gets to be with his friend, Jets get a young elite receiver, Bears get one of the best defensive players in the NFL.
Why you wana get rid of ol' Jeffries' so bad? Just curious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
SKILLMore Player News
Janoris Jenkins - DB - Rams
Free agent CB Janoris Jenkins has not been franchise tagged, paving the way for him to hit the open market.
With both Jenkins and Trumaine Johnson headed for unrestricted free agency, the Rams opted to tag Johnson, who is over a year younger. Josh Norman was also tagged Tuesday, leaving Jenkins as easily the market's top corner. Jenkins recently fired his agent, and won't settle for anything less than top dollar. He won't struggle to get paid in a league that's made a habit of overpaying free agent corners.
Mar 1 - 3:47 PM

Trumaine Johnson - DB - Rams
Rams assigned the franchise tag to CB Trumaine Johnson.
The Rams have chosen Johnson over fellow free agent CB Janoris Jenkins, though they'll almost certainly work to keep Jenkins in the fold ahead of next week's open market. Johnson is locked into $13.952 million for next season. The sides have until July to reach a long-term agreement. Johnson emerged as one of the league's better corners in 2015, and just turned 26 in January.

What other teams with alot of CAP space are going to be hot after a top CB like Jenkins? Off top of my head Miami, Philly, Atl? Wonder who Bears top completion will be if they are even in the running. I would expect them to make at least one big splash / over pay in FA.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ben Abright

Janoris Jenkins about to find that the market for him isn't as big as he thinks. #Rams #FreeAgency

Interesting.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
What other teams with alot of CAP space are going to be hot after a top CB like Jenkins? Off top of my head Miami, Philly, Atl? Wonder who Bears top completion will be if they are even in the running. I would expect them to make at least one big splash / over pay in FA.

Oakland has lots of room and poor CBs, Jacksonville has lots of cap space and awful corners, NYG is likely losing Amukamara and has plenty of cap space. In fact those 3 were all in the bottom 6 in pass yards and bottom half in pass TDs last year.

There's going to be a huge, probably inflated CB market, just like every year. I like Jenkins but at what he's going to command. I'd rather spend that $ up fron.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oakland has lots of room and poor CBs, Jacksonville has lots of cap space and awful corners, NYG is likely losing Amukamara and has plenty of cap space. In fact those 3 were all in the bottom 6 in pass yards and bottom half in pass TDs last year.

There's going to be a huge, probably inflated CB market, just like every year. I like Jenkins but at what he's going to command. I'd rather spend that $ up fron.
Ah i forgot about Jax. Id bet they and Mia are the favs to land

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Ah i forgot about Jax. Id bet they and Mia are the favs to land

Could be. I think Miami is going to be pretty strapped though. Over the Cap has them in the red right now.