Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lmao, most eagles fans are actually HAPPY with that contract. It saves them from having to "risk" drafting a QB this year. It allows them to "stay competitive." Also hearing "well, what other options were out there?"

All this sounds so familiar.. Eagles fans may be giving Bears fans a run for their money in the lack of brains department.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Players couldn't stand him, jettisoned talent, O got figured out quickly...yup.

Look one of my favorite fucktards weighed in. Hey fucktard, which one of those players that. Kelly jettisoned went out and had a great season with his new team?

Kelly isn't a good coach, but Philadelphia isn't a good organization either. Pull your head out of your ass and think beyond the tip of your nose.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Rams tagged Trumaine Johnson. Come on down Janoris!

Edit: I'm really late to the party haha

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lmao, most eagles fans are actually HAPPY with that contract. It saves them from having to "risk" drafting a QB this year. It allows them to "stay competitive." Also hearing "well, what other options were out there?"

All this sounds so familiar.. Eagles fans may be giving Bears fans a run for their money in the lack of brains department.

Meh. Not like they gave Bradford $126m/7yrs.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Oakland has lots of room and poor CBs, Jacksonville has lots of cap space and awful corners, NYG is likely losing Amukamara and has plenty of cap space. In fact those 3 were all in the bottom 6 in pass yards and bottom half in pass TDs last year.

There's going to be a huge, probably inflated CB market, just like every year. I like Jenkins but at what he's going to command. I'd rather spend that $ up fron.

Agreed. There's going to be stiff competition for Jenkins' services and I rather not see us in that bidding war. I may be wrong, but I think JAX has the most cap room last I checked, and they need secondary help pronto. JAX is expecting a jump in improvement next season so I wouldn't be surprised if Jenkins becomes a priority for them, he is from Florida too.

Speaking of Amukamara, I think he's looking for $10M/yr. I'd be surprised if he gets that given his injury history. If we can get him at $8M/yr with friendly guarantee $, would y'all be on board? He's only 26, a solid CB when healthy and is good in run support.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Look one of my favorite fucktards weighed in. Hey fucktard, which one of those players that. Kelly jettisoned went out and had a great season with his new team?

Kelly isn't a good coach, but Philadelphia isn't a good organization either. Pull your head out of your ass and think beyond the tip of your nose.

16463Tampon.jpg

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He borders on being the worst linebacker in the entire NFL. And Fangio is exactly that kind of coach.

Yet PFT has him as the 91st best free agent, ahead of BJ Raji, Henry Melton and Anquan Boldin. (Just thought that was kind of funny)

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Ben Abright

Janoris Jenkins about to find that the market for him isn't as big as he thinks. #Rams #FreeAgency

Interesting.

Indeed. That said all it takes is one team to give him a monster deal. I think Jenkins is a good player but I'm not breaking the bank for him. At some point it's worth wondering how much having an elite front like the Rams have makes Jenkins and Johnson look better then they are.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My gut tells me we get priced out on Jenkins (Jacksonville/Tampa/NYG) and Malik Jackson (Oakland)

We sign Trevathan immediately

We compliment with another 2nd tier signing, Sean Smith, Jaye Howard, guys who are the 2nd or 3rd ranked guys at their position.

Then we sign a starting calibre OLmen.

Then they go to work on the 2-4 million dollar guys.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
I have no problem getting priced out of Jenkins market I think Fangio would prefer Smith. Can press, 6'3", 35.5" arms and runs a ~4.50.

What do you think he's looking at contractually? Say's he looking for 8 to 10m a year.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

So very much butthurt. Are you always this much of a bitch, or do you just save it for your blo...er, forum posting?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
My gut tells me we get priced out on Jenkins (Jacksonville/Tampa/NYG) and Malik Jackson (Oakland)

We compliment with another 2nd tier signing, Sean Smith, Jaye Howard, guys who are the 2nd or 3rd ranked guys at their position.

I could see this. Although, I would rather sign Gipson or Iloka than Smith or Howard. Iloka and Gipson are both younger than Smith and probably will get less money. Also wouldn't want to spend too much on Howard considering the depth of the DL this draft. Similarly, I like the depth at CB over S in the draft as well which is another reason I would pass on Smith.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could see this. Although, I would rather sign Gipson or Iloka than Smith or Howard. Iloka and Gipson are both younger than Smith and probably will get less money. Also wouldn't want to spend too much on Howard considering the depth of the DL this draft. Similarly, I like the depth at CB over S in the draft as well which is another reason I would pass on Smith.

Big fan of both safeties but I don't know if they'll get less then Smith. But even at or a little more I'd be ok with either.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
When you're a first round pick and you already have been relegated to being a "typical backup" there is a huge problem. We have UDFA's that can be our backups

What exactly is the problem with a backup playing as a backup and getting paid as a backup? Who besides Phil Emery gives a rat's ass about where McClellin was drafted at this point?

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Yet PFT has him as the 91st best free agent, ahead of BJ Raji, Henry Melton and Anquan Boldin. (Just thought that was kind of funny)

I know what you mean and McClelin is nowhere near being 'not' an NFL player, but I just wanted to say PFT has Jason Pierre Paul as the #20 ahead of Janoris Jenkins, Danny Trevathan, Ryan Fitzpatrick or just anyone in general that can actually play anymore.

giphy.gif

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I would prioritize signing Jenkins over Trevathan. Most Corners takes 3 years to develop.