Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

Newblood

Liked Posts:
In that order, from what I have been hearing.

Good. Hope the Bears run up the bid and walk away. Forcing the Raiders/Jags to eat up as much of that available cap space as they can.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Yes, the statement that the Bears were 100% interested and talking to Jackson's agent was indeed bold and profound. Only someone in the know could have come to that insightful conclusion.
I said I wasn't defending Mike. I was defending reading comprehension.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My thoughts and musing from day 1 of the insanity.

-Howie Roseman is some sort of wizard. How he got anyone to take on the terrible contracts of Maxwell and Murray is one of the great GM moves of recent memory.

It just proves you only need 1 idiot, in this case 2.

-The Dwayne Allen contract confirms to me that Ryan Grigson is an idiot. Allen had 16 catches last season, he is always hurt, and he averages 3 TDs a year. He is now the 11th highest paid TE in the league.

-It appears the Bears are in on Jackson, but the Jaguars and Raiders need to make a splash, so unless he really wants to play for Fox I think he takes the money elsewhere.

-I would like the Bears to lock down Trevathan, once that happens I think they can start slotting in solid pieces with him as the center piece.

-JR Sweezy is an upgrade for the Bears, but does not do a lot for me long term.

-Patrick Robinson would be a nice depth/nickle signing.

-Akiem Hicks would be a nice signing, but I am more interested in Jaye Howard.

-The CB market sounds a little crazy, here is hoping the Bears do not get trapped in it.

Reactions: 1ke

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Mike was clear about Bears talking to Malik but not one of the two he said would be signed soon.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mike also said the 2 signings that were done were a CB and DLmen.

If not Jackson, who is the DLmen?

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
How is Jackson is going to get 16 million a year and 50 million upfront? Unless Jackson had 15 sacks instead of 5, this is not possible. To be honest 11 million a year is the market for Jackson. If Jackson wants 16 million, I would rather move on to Howard or Williams.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
J. R. Sweezy rumors swirling around.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ian williams
That would be my guess also. We still have Ego at DE, and Goldman, so if money goes to another MLB, a FS instead I'm happy enough though Jackson is a dominate chaos creating player that was part of the overwhelming front, Trevaithon existed in tandem to it, because everyone surrounding the MLBs was a pro bowl caliber player.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That would be my guess also. We still have Ego at DE, and Goldman, so if money goes to another MLB, a FS instead I'm happy enough though Jackson is a dominate chaos creating player that was part of the overwhelming front, Trevaithon existed in tandem to it, because everyone surrounding the MLBs was a pro bowl caliber player.

Ego stinks and cant get off IR.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
My thoughts and musing from day 1 of the insanity.

-Howie Roseman is some sort of wizard. How he got anyone to take on the terrible contracts of Maxwell and Murray is one of the great GM moves of recent memory.

It just proves you only need 1 idiot, in this case 2.

-The Dwayne Allen contract confirms to me that Ryan Grigson is an idiot. Allen had 16 catches last season, he is always hurt, and he averages 3 TDs a year. He is now the 11th highest paid TE in the league.

-It appears the Bears are in on Jackson, but the Jaguars and Raiders need to make a splash, so unless he really wants to play for Fox I think he takes the money elsewhere.

-I would like the Bears to lock down Trevathan, once that happens I think they can start slotting in solid pieces with him as the center piece.

-JR Sweezy is an upgrade for the Bears, but does not do a lot for me long term.

-Patrick Robinson would be a nice depth/nickle signing.

-Akiem Hicks would be a nice signing, but I am more interested in Jaye Howard.

-The CB market sounds a little crazy, here is hoping the Bears do not get trapped in it.

If Malik Jackson's contract action is any indicator then Travathan could end up being over priced as well for the Bears. I agree Sweezy does nothing for me. However I have real reservations about FA money for Patrick Robinson. Akiem Hicks seems quite possible but I still like Ian Williams chances of being a Bear over Jaye Howard who would also be a quality signing. Nfl.com describes Ian as similar to Damon Harrison only a better pass rusher. A Hicks Williams Eddie DL would be pretty interesting.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
This is fine by me...let a team like the Jags or Raiders overpay for Malik Jackson. If anything this will allow us to be the front runner to land a value deal with someone else.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Did I say you was defending him?
No, you said something snarky and sarcastic about his highly obfuscated posts, but you did it in a reply to me. If you wanted to be snarky to him why not just cut out the middle man?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
No, you said something snarky and sarcastic about his highly obfuscated posts, but you did it in a reply to me. If you wanted to be snarky to him why not just cut out the middle man?

Because you was pointing out that he said that the Bears were 100% interested in Jackson?

I mean, is it really necessary for me to explain this?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears have had reported interest in Nicks. Wouldn't be surprised if he is main DL guy they sign.

I just find it weird if they had Hicks signed [6-8 mil] that they would also still be in talks with Jackson. Were they going to spend 20 million on DLmen in free agency?