Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

Bears27

Liked Posts:
Woah what? Was reposted by Fleming.

Would want to know what they're after, but I wouldn't mind parting with a 3rd or 4th for him. He has a cap hit of a little over 15MM this year and is a free agent in 2017. He's a big boy on that DL and has had good & consistent production for 5+ years.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Would want to know what they're after, but I wouldn't mind parting with a 3rd or 4th for him. He has a cap hit of a little over 15MM this year and is a free agent in 2017. He's a big boy on that DL and has had steady production for 5+ years.

Still in his prime, I would definitely do that deal for a 3rd or 4th.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Hell, we could chuck in Bennett. Pipe dream I know, but Arizona could use a TE....

Bergz22

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dwayne Allen had 16 catches in '15 & got 4-yr, $30 mill deal from #Colts. His agent? Drew Rosenhaus, who also reps #Bears TE Zach Miller.

GatorLandMike

Liked Posts:
Not defending Mike, but both of you need to learn to read if you are going to call sometime out.

He said they were 100% talking to Jackson, not that he was one of the two done deals that remain nameless.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks Burque.

Bears27

Liked Posts:
Hell, we could chuck in Bennett. Pipe dream I know, but Arizona could use a TE....

That could work, but I think teams can smell blood in the water – in terms of Marty being cut. I really don't see how he has any trade value, unless a team really wants him and don't want to deal with competition if he's a FA.

GatorLandMike

Liked Posts:
I just find it weird if they had Hicks signed [6-8 mil] that they would also still be in talks with Jackson. Were they going to spend 20 million on DLmen in free agency?

Bears not in mix for MJ any longer. I've been told they pulled out late afternoon. Don't know who front runners are for him but seems Jax. All I know, Bears were not terribly disappointed.
FYI, MJ was already making 12 mill with Denver. He was looking for 16+ million/ yr but it was more about the Guarantee money which he wanted over 50% of his contract to be Guranteed. Pace had a big problem with that. I was told, again I was told, Bears put close to $30 million Guaranteed and they walked away from it.

Whether that is a little south of 30 or north of 30 I don't know the exact specifics. Bears wanted 4 years with 30, MJ agent wanted 5 or 6 years with 50 mil guaranteed

ob1force

Liked Posts:
We won't trade for Campbell, we are rebuilding, need to keep our draft picks plus he's a FA next year anyways. He'll be turning 30 years old by week 1. A contender will make a grab for him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Per @MikeGarafolo, #Seahawks have re-signed DT Ahtyba Rubin to a 3 year deal. #NFL

Bergz22

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears not in mix for MJ any longer. I've been told they pulled out late afternoon. Don't know who front runners are for him but seems Jax. All I know, Bears were not terribly disappointed.
FYI, MJ was already making 12 mill with Denver. He was looking for 16+ million/ yr but it was more about the Guarantee money which he wanted over 50% of his contract to be Guranteed. Pace had a big problem with that. I was told, again I was told, Bears put close to $30 million Guaranteed and they walked away from it.

Whether that is a little south of 30 or north of 30 I don't know the exact specifics. Bears wanted 4 years with 30, MJ agent wanted 5 or 6 years with 50 mil guaranteed

That's fine. Double dip in this years draft on D linemen.

AussieBear

We won't trade for Campbell, we are rebuilding, need to keep our draft picks plus he's a FA next year anyways. He'll be turning 30 years old by week 1. A contender will make a grab for him.

maybe they want to make a run a malik.... it would basically be trading contracts

PolarBear

Liked Posts:

Ughhh I hate that I have to keep on hearing this -

1. This is the NFL, not the MLB or NBA...you can rebuild in a very short period of time.

2. You can't have 53 players on your squad under the age of 26. It's just not realistic. Not to mention you also need veterans and LEADERS on your team.

3. Calais Campbell is an elite 3-4 end. He still has a good 3-4 years in him. This team could very well be in the playoffs in 2 years.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am fine with bringing Campbell in.

I am just not trading a premium pick for him.

Bears27

Liked Posts:

There's no reason to think you can't trade for him and then work on an extension. I agree to some extent on your comment's sentiment, but Campbell's a transitional type of player that would be a nightmare on the DL for several more years. He'd be an amazing addition even if it's for a 3rd/4th. Rebuilds don't take decades, Pace/Fox will only have a few more years to turn this thing around before people start sharpening those pitchforks.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bennett has to be drooling if the BEars cut him. He would jump up among the leaders in free agency. He is better than any tight end in free agency and could be in for a great payday if they cut him.