Game of Thrones Thread

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah they gutted every part of the Jon Connington story.... unlike the Iron Islands story they are adding in after the fact... adding in the Connington story would be quite difficult at this stage.... not impossible, but seems unlikely.

Yeah but they also waited a few seasons to bring Coldhands into the fold. But what would Danerys do upon learning the significance of Young Connington?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah but they also waited a few seasons to bring Coldhands into the fold. But what would Danerys do upon learning the significance of Young Connington?

Das not Coldhands, it is Ben Stark.

Coldhands and Ben Stark appear to have been saved from turning in the same way, but they are not the same character.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
My favorite fan theory: She goes to Kings Landing and using the skills she learned in the House of Black and White, she kills Jamie, steals his face, and disguised as him, kills Cersei.

sooo does this face changes heights as well? i mean i know we all have wondered this at one point

The Apostate

Liked Posts:
sooo does this face changes heights as well? i mean i know we all have wondered this at one point

Seems that way, remember last seasons final episode?

As Arya is pulling the faces off the person she thought was Jaqen, the person standing behind her, who she thought was the Waif, turns into Jaqen. Major height difference there as well...

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who are da Conningtons?

Jon Connington is the theoretical heir to the Connington family that holds a place called Griffin's Roost.

They were a decent house and Jon Connington supported the Targearyans and the Mad King in the war.

In the book Tyrion winds up on a boat with a guy who goes by the name Griff who is Jon Connington and his "Son" who turns out to be Aegon Targearyan the still-living son of Rhaegar who was smuggled out of King's Landing by Varys.... the kid who Ser Gregor killed was some Tanner's son they bought and swapped in for Aegon.

In the book Jon Connington was exiled after Robert's Rebellion and served in the Golden Company before being kicked out for "stealing" which was a ruse to get him out so he could take care of Aegon and be his pseudo-Father. Aegon is like 17 in the book and they decide to go back to Westeros and try to claim the throne while Dany is still in Mereen figuring if hes embroiled in battle she will be forced to come to Westeros and help him.

At the end of the last book they invaded and took Jon Connington's family hold of Griffin's Roost.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I put my reply to Spartan in quotes cause it is spoiler if they decide to use that storyline.... I don't think they will, but if they do there is a decent spoiler in there.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Jon Connington is the theoretical heir to the Connington family that holds a place called Griffin's Roost.

They were a decent house and Jon Connington supported the Targearyans and the Mad King in the war.

In the book Tyrion winds up on a boat with a guy who goes by the name Griff who is Jon Connington and his "Son" who turns out to be Aegon Targearyan the still-living son of Rhaegar who was smuggled out of King's Landing by Varys.... the kid who Ser Gregor killed was some Tanner's son they bought and swapped in for Aegon.

In the book Jon Connington was exiled after Robert's Rebellion and served in the Golden Company before being kicked out for "stealing" which was a ruse to get him out so he could take care of Aegon and be his pseudo-Father. Aegon is like 17 in the book and they decide to go back to Westeros and try to claim the throne while Dany is still in Mereen figuring if hes embroiled in battle she will be forced to come to Westeros and help him.

At the end of the last book they invaded and took Jon Connington's family hold of Griffin's Roost.

I stopped bitching about book spoilers ITT 20 pages ago, I was lobbying hard for a separate A Song of Ice and Fire thread, there was no support and I was shouted down. Now look at this shit, well played you magnificent bastard.

*I'm putting away my pigeon gifs*

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
1 hour to go....

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hound gonna wreck shit

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Arya got bitch stabbed. Wonder who ends up healing her and does she get revenge? Somehow she almost has to hook up with the Hound, right? I think Sansa is going to send a raven to get Littlefingers knights of the Vale to help Snow. Then they pivot and help Blackfish against Lannister and Frey's guys. That's how I see it playing out.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Arya has been pretty useless.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Nice 10 minute story arc for Ian McShane. He said the show was just 'tits and dragons', some tabloid said 'Ian better be careful or they'll kill him off'.

Okay.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
It's on.
cJKaZSh.jpg

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Arya has been pretty useless.

Yeah, but she's learned a lot. I think that she will be helped by the actress she helped. I also think that the actress has something more going for her than her lines. That was the reason she was a target for murder methinks. She may be a priestess of the Lord of the Light?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that Lady Stark is coming back in the next episode. I think that she is linked up with the leftovers of that guy with the fire sword and company. He had a few lives left when we last left him and had some real strong magic shit. Maybe he decided to quit his declining life and save her?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, but she's learned a lot. I think that she will be helped by the actress she helped. I also think that the actress has something more going for her than her lines. That was the reason she was a target for murder methinks. She may be a priestess of the Lord of the Light?
Makes sense. From next week's previews we know Arya makes a quick recovery in the episode titled No One.

arya-jump.gif