Game of Thrones Thread

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did anyone watch the preview for episode 9?

In one part it would appear during the battle, Davos hears war horns and has this look like "Who da fuq is dat?"

First guess would be Knights of the Vale showing up to help defeat the Boltons.

However, I think it would be interesting if it was Jaime with the Lannister army.... Boltons will assume they are friendly.... very much like in the book when Robb Stark's men were going to take back Winterfell from Theon and Ramsay showed up in their rear with "reinforcements", but he butchered them.

It seems like far out there, but I could see it happening.... Jaime is away from Cersei and Brienne is influencing him right now.... would be very interesting.

I think that it would be the Knights of the Vale to the rescue. Sansa sent Littlefinger the Raven for help and he wants to get back into her good graces. And Jamie wants to get back to Cersei who will need that army of his to protect her from their son the king and the High Sparrow.

Wonder what Margery is going to do to foil the plot to put her brother on trial?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's what I was thinking. She was lost and forgot who she was, and by going through what she did with Jaqen she found herself again

I loved that smirk on Jaqen face after she told him her real name.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That letter Sansa sent was deciphered by some people. Was sent to Littlefinger and basically said he promised to protect her so now she wants him to fulfill that promise. She says to send the Knights of the Vale to Winterfell to aid them and she will reward Littlefinger.

I think that it would be the Knights of the Vale to the rescue. Sansa sent Littlefinger the Raven for help and he wants to get back into her good graces. And Jamie wants to get back to Cersei who will need that army of his to protect her from their son the king and the High Sparrow.

Wonder what Margery is going to do to foil the plot to put her brother on trial?

Knights of the Vale is the simple answer though.... I am thinking the Vale forces will be a known ally by the time the battle starts.... if Sansa asked for them to come she will tell Jon "Hey FYI you gonna have war-buddies showing up to help".

I have a feeling the war horns Davos heard in the preview are gonna be a surprise of some sort.

If the Vale forces are there for the start of the battle, then it will have to be someone else.... the Vale coming to the rescue just seems to be too cut and dry for Game of Thrones.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Knights of the Vale is the simple answer though.... I am thinking the Vale forces will be a known ally by the time the battle starts.... if Sansa asked for them to come she will tell Jon "Hey FYI you gonna have war-buddies showing up to help".

I have a feeling the war horns Davos heard in the preview are gonna be a surprise of some sort.

If the Vale forces are there for the start of the battle, then it will have to be someone else.... the Vale coming to the rescue just seems to be too cut and dry for Game of Thrones.
From the previews, I don't believe the Vale is there from the start. I also don't think Jon is willing to wait regardless of what Sansa tells him. He seems to be in a rush to die...again. We see him give the order not to bring him back if he does. He then challenges Ramsay one on one but Ramsay don't play dat. Then, in the previews we see things are definitely not going well for Jon's team as the battle ensues. Ramsay's army more organized and takes control from the outset as we see many on Jon's side, including out favorite giant, taking arrows.

I think Ramsay's army continues to whip on them until the Knights of the Vale arrive. I think there's zero chance Jaime shows up to attack the Boltons. He's already said the only thing he cares about is Cersei and is just looking to get back to her now. Maybe the Tullys also come to aid Jon and Sansa, IDK.

Last edited:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
From the previews, I don't believe the Vale is there from the start. I also don't think Jon is willing to wait regardless of what Sansa tells him. He seems to be in a rush to die...again. We see him give the order not to bring him if he does. He then challenges Ramsay one on one but Ramsay don't play dat. Then, in the previews we see things are definitely not going well for Jon's team as the battle ensues. Ramsay's army more organized and takes control from the outset as we see many on Jon's side, including out favorite giant, taking arrows.

I think Ramsay's army continues to whip on them until the Knights of the Vale arrive. I think there's zero chance Jaime shows up to attack the Boltons. He's already said the only thing he cares about is Cersei and is just looking to get back to her now. Maybe the Tullys also come to aid Jon and Sansa, IDK.

It just seems too clear cut for GoT doesn't it?

Jon goes to battle outnumbered 3-1 or worse..... getting their asses kicked, and Knights of the Vale whom we expect to show up and help because Sansa sent a letter off to the only person who offered to help who said the Vale would help earlier in the season, they show up in the knick of time and save the day for Jon Snow and Sansa Stark.

Everything we expect to happen, happens..... no surprises, no betrayals, just straight shooting GoT.... that is why I just can't buy it lol

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It just seems too clear cut for GoT doesn't it?

Jon goes to battle outnumbered 3-1 or worse..... getting their asses kicked, and Knights of the Vale whom we expect to show up and help because Sansa sent a letter off to the only person who offered to help who said the Vale would help earlier in the season, they show up in the knick of time and save the day for Jon Snow and Sansa Stark.

Everything we expect to happen, happens..... no surprises, no betrayals, just straight shooting GoT.... that is why I just can't buy it lol
From the previews, it looks like the battle does go as expected. Jaime helping Starks would be a nice twist but incredibly unlikely as he, or at least his sister, believes Sansa killed their son and thus want her dead. I think any surprise will come toward the end of the battle in the way Ramsay meets his demise. I just don't want him to get out of this alive. That would be the biggest disappointment.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ramsay will die, but they won't show it

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because idk...that's what a good TV show would do!

Instead they will spend their budget on 1.2 seconds of a distant dragon.
Hater.

If Ramsay dies *fingers crossed*, it will be shown.

Maybe Jon slices him up at the end of this battle

Maybe he'll die by Sansa beheading him after Jon wins the Bastard Bowl.

Maybe the Giant picks him up and squeezes him in one hand splattering him like a package of catsup.

Maybe Nymeria shows up with the great wolf pack to feast on a bloodied and beaten Ramsay as he tries to flee.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hater.

Maybe the Giant picks him up and squeezes him in one hand splattering him like a package of catsup.

Maybe Nymeria shows up with the great wolf pack to feast on a bloodied and beaten Ramsay as he tries to flee.

Or the episode ends with Jon swinging his sword down at Ramsay's neck and they cut to black before the strike lands.

Then in the next episode they just talk about Ramsay being dead so you just have to assume they didn't show it for no reason.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
This looks to be not only the biggest episode of the season but perhaps the whole shebang. Not showing Ramsay dying would be a huge mistake as millions are going to tune in to see exactly that.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This looks to be not only the biggest episode of the season but perhaps the whole shebang. Not showing Ramsay dying would be a huge mistake as millions are going to tune in to see exactly that.
I thought they'd show Stannis and the Waif dying, but yet they did not.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah but if you don't show the death, you can save some money.... sooooo

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hater.

Hahahaha, the Bastard Bowl.
Brought to you by the makers of Milk of the poppy.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought they'd show Stannis and the Waif dying, but yet they did not.
They were both no one. GOT has made Ramsay quite possibly the most hated character ever seen on a TV screen. They'll reinforce that hate by showing him kill Rickon in this episode before he meets his own demise. His death will be brutal and there for all to see because you don't build up a hatred like that and then not quench the overwhelming thirst for vengeance.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They were both no one. GOT has made Ramsay quite possibly the most hated character ever seen on a TV screen. They'll reinforce that hate by showing him kill Rickon in this episode before he meets his own demise. His death will be brutal and there for all to see because you don't build up a hatred like that and then not quench the overwhelming thirst for vengeance.
Stannis is no one? I mean, yes the Waif is no one :rimshot:, but Stannis?