Game of Thrones Thread

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This looks to be not only the biggest episode of the season but perhaps the whole shebang. Not showing Ramsay dying would be a huge mistake as millions are going to tune in to see exactly that.

A GOT producer may see he has an opportunity to out do the worst all time climax ever .....TWD, and do it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
^^^^^This

Nor did they show Blackfish die
I didn't want to see him die. Kinda liked him. Stannis wasn't really the type anybody needed to see die either. He was misled and beguiled by Melisandre and already completely defeated. Both Blackfish and Stannis were ready and wanting to die. No satisfaction could be taken in watching them die...but Ramsay. Feed him to that wolf pack please and let us see every bite they take out of him.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didn't want to see him die. Kinda liked him. Stannis wasn't really the type anybody needed to see die either. He was misled and beguiled by Melisandre and already completely defeated. Both Blackfish and Stannis were ready and wanting to die. No satisfaction could be taken in watching them die...but Ramsay. Feed him to that wolf pack please and let us see every bite they take out of him.

Stannis was a major character.... and considering Stannis was still alive in the books, it left viewers wondering if he really died.

Blackfish is the same deal, in the book he escaped Riverrun after the surrender, so not seeing him die you have to assume he is dead, but it leaves questions.

The Hound you didn't see die, he not dead.

Ben Stark you didn't see die, he not dead.

There are examples of people being alive if you don't see them die, so why would I be willing to assume people are dead without seeing it?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stannis was a major character.... and considering Stannis was still alive in the books, it left viewers wondering if he really died.

Blackfish is the same deal, in the book he escaped Riverrun after the surrender, so not seeing him die you have to assume he is dead, but it leaves questions.

The Hound you didn't see die, he not dead.

Ben Stark you didn't see die, he not dead.

There are examples of people being alive if you don't see them die, so why would I be willing to assume people are dead without seeing it?
I see what you're saying and you have an advantage having read the books. I know Stannis was a major character but what we saw in the show at his end was a completely defeated man. We didn't see so much the evil ghoul who sacrificed his daughter as much as we saw a man who was beaten and just lost all hope, his spirit and the daughter he loved very much.

I don't think anyone believed the Hound was dead anymore than we believed Jon was dead for good. And rumors always persisted of Ben's return.

So you're saying there's a chance Blackish joins the fray next week?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I see what you're saying and you have an advantage having read the books. I know Stannis was a major character but what we saw in the show at his end was a completely defeated man. We didn't see so much the evil ghoul who sacrificed his daughter as much as we saw a man who was beaten and just lost all hope, his spirit and the daughter he loved very much.

I don't think anyone believed the Hound was dead anymore than we believed Jon was dead for good. And rumors always persisted of Ben's return.

So you're saying there's a chance Blackish joins the fray next week?

Well my point is this.... if you don't show me the character dying.... I have to consider the notion they are still alive.

And because of Jon and Berric.... you could die and be brought back anyways.

I think it is possible either the Blackfish shows up with the Tully forces or Stannis shows up with the Northern mountain people which he recruited in the book.

Those 2 would be good surprises and still fit into the story of someone showing up to help Jon's army beat the Boltons.

Like I keep saying, this all seems too clear cut.... maybe it will turn out to be very clear cut with nothing crazy happening, but I can't rule out a number of things because of the way they have run this show and the material in the books.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm still betting on the Knights of the Vale saving the Battle of the Bastards. We already know they mobilized early in the season when the Pussy of the Vale agreed with Little Finger that "she's family, and we should help" (paraphrasing).

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
One more thing with Stannis, Brienne did say she killed him. Why would she lie? She didn't ever have to mention even coming across him.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Blackfish showed up to help at the battle of the bastards.

If you think about him defeating Lanister men and escaping would've infuriated Jamie so maybe Jamie's guys lied to him.

Another twist I could see is Lady Stoneheart showing up with the brotherhood without banners to help Jon and Sansa. She gets revenge on the Boltons and then sets her sights on the Frey's.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One more thing with Stannis, Brienne did say she killed him. Why would she lie? She didn't ever have to mention even coming across him.

True, she did say she killed him, but if he is truly dead.... he was a major character for 5 seasons.... fuck they showed Osha die by Ramsay's hand.... a far more minor character.... but Stannis they cut away and leave you to go off the word of Brienne.

To this point it appears he is dead.... but because of the way they shot that scene I am forced to keep in mind that he could still be alive.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also in the preview, see Jon looking downward all glum and shit. I think Ramsay has Rickon with him and at some point sends him to Jon and kills him with an arrow right before he gets to his half bro. This will fuel Jon with hate and a thirst for revenge. After the Vale helps team Stark win, Ramsey will retreat and Jon will go after him to exact his revenge and brutally kill Ramsay Snow Bolton.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Also in the preview, see Jon looking downward all glum and shit. I think Ramsay has Rickon with him and at some point sends him to Jon and kills him with an arrow right before he gets to his half bro. This will fuel Jon with hate and a thirst for revenge. After the Vale helps team Stark win, Ramsey will retreat and Jon will go after him to exact his revenge and brutally kill Ramsay Snow Bolton.

They will cut away right before the bolt hits Rickon.... leaving you to assume hes dead. :troll:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh btw add Syrio Forel.... add him to the list of "deaths" we never saw.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Glad to see I wasn't the only person raging at the fact they didn't show the Waif's or Blackfish's deaths.

I'm not going to lie. This season has given me The Walking Dead flashbacks in terms of me losing interest. I very well may end up giving up on GoT if they keep this shit up.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The waif definitely had a good kill coming that needed to be seen by all.
I was quite disappointed they didn't show it. Or really even show any sort of fight between the two. As far as we're concerned Arya has never really touched the Waif outside of right before she was unblinded.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I loved seeing The Hound back, the scene he negotiates killing the guys with the nooses around their necks, calls the other guys a bunch of Nancy's and then takes the dead man's boots, sits at the fire and eats, good stuff.

Will the Hound run into Arya? More Hound please.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glad to see I wasn't the only person raging at the fact they didn't show the Waif's or Blackfish's deaths.

I'm not going to lie. This season has given me The Walking Dead flashbacks in terms of me losing interest. I very well may end up giving up on GoT if they keep this shit up.

Lets not get carried away. They owe us some shit though and I think we see all the goods the last two episodes. Including Ramsey biting it

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I loved seeing The Hound back, the scene he negotiates killing the guys with the nooses around their necks, calls the other guys a bunch of Nancy's and then takes the dead man's boots, sits at the fire and eats, good stuff.

Will the Hound run into Arya? More Hound please.

Absolutely. He and Bron are awesome.