Game of Thrones Thread

The Apostate

Liked Posts:
Maggie didn't work by expectations. She saw the future. Said Cersei's friend would die the same day they talked to her and she did. When Cersei asked if she would marry the Prince, Maggy said no, you will marry the King and she did. When Cersei asked if they would have children, Maggy said he will have 6 and 10 and she will have 3, knowing Cersei's 3 would not be from him and also knowing Robert would have 16 bastards. She said a younger more beautiful Queen would come along to cast her down and take all that she holds dear. Margaery seems to be doing that now. She's faking the Faith, got Tommen to join and take away trials by battle which was Cersei's only way out and was very likely one of those behind the poisoning of Joffrey. The only things Cersei holds dear are her children and power and she has lost both.

Maggy also said Cersei would outlive her children and 2 of 3 are dead. Finally Maggy told Cersei of her own death, that she would be drowning in her own tears (a point she seems very close to now) and then her younger brother would choke the life out of her.

I always thought that was a reference to Daenerys, but I suppose it could be Margaery just as easily

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always thought that was a reference to Daenerys, but I suppose it could be Margaery just as easily

Nah it was definitely Margaery that Maggie was talking about. Cersei had that flashback while she was in a bit of a power struggle with Margaery.

One tiny thing Spartan got wrong is Margaery having anything to do with Joffery's death. I think it was last season Margaery was vaguely accusing Sansa and the Queen of Roses told her Sansa had nothing to do with it then her grandma said something like "you didn't think I'd let you marry that beast." Margaery seemed ignorant of the whole Littefinger/Olenna plot.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah it was definitely Margaery that Maggie was talking about. Cersei had that flashback while she was in a bit of a power struggle with Margaery.

One tiny thing Spartan got wrong is Margaery having anything to do with Joffery's death. I think it was last season Margaery was vaguely accusing Sansa and the Queen of Roses told her Sansa had nothing to do with it then her grandma said something like "you didn't think I'd let you marry that beast." Margaery seemed ignorant of the whole Littefinger/Olenna plot.

Yes. It's all coming back to me now. Still fam. Sansa did have something to do with it even though she was unaware. The poison was in a crystal in the hairnet she had recently been given. Grandma took it from there and dropped it in Joffrey's drink.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes. It's all coming back to me now. Still fam. Sansa did have something to do with it even though she was unaware. The poison was in a crystal in the hairnet she had recently been given. Grandma took it from there and dropped it in Joffrey's drink.

Yep Sansa was unwittingly an accomplice which does make her guilty in someway. However, it was a good way to get her out of King's Landing which needed to happen. It's what Littlefinger did to her later that was fucked.

Something I just thought of... Besides Olenna and Littlefinger, Sansa is the only one who knows the truth. She could use that knowledge to her advantage.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
In the book he winds up at a farmhouse with a bunch of orphan children and he smiths for the Brotherhood w/o Banners.

Could wind up somewhere the same.

Gendry is actually 2 characters in the book.... Gendry 1 of Robert's bastards and Edric Storm another of Robert's bastards.... Edric is the one Davos gets out on a boat.... Gendry is just in Westeros the whole time.

Yeah i remember that in the books but i wonder if the show ever brings him back

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Predictions for tonight?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll go on a limb and say the Hound will either kill someone with his sword or eat chicken and drink ale.

houndchicken.gif

The Apostate

Liked Posts:
Welp, for once G Martin didn't fuck us over.

That was easily the most satisfying episode to date

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also in the preview, see Jon looking downward all glum and shit. I think Ramsay has Rickon with him and at some point sends him to Jon and kills him with an arrow right before he gets to his half bro. This will fuel Jon with hate and a thirst for revenge. After the Vale helps team Stark win, Ramsey will retreat and Jon will go after him to exact his revenge and brutally kill Ramsay Snow Bolton.
#calledthatshit

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I fucking love Games of Thrones. The battle itself was epic and really directed well. Then to see Ramsey get eaten by his own dogs... What a great way to end that shit.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Welp, for once G Martin didn't fuck us over.

That was easily the most satisfying episode to date

100% all this. That sick little fuck got exactly what he deserved. Felt great.

Oh yeah, the slavers got fucked up too, that was cool. Yes I understand that for some posters here that was a sad ending, but most humans will view that as a win.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wept a little when the big fella went down.