Game of Thrones Thread

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I may have stroked out and missed it, but why the lack of epic Mormont kickassery?

Oh, I'm also going to miss the way Ramsay looks at sausages.

hqdefault.jpg

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We should turn this thread into a tribute to the bastardest of the bastards. I'll start:

[video=youtube;Rv_nBEgwCaw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv_nBEgwCaw[/video]

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Roose was a much better villian than Ramsay. Kind of disappointed that Roose wasn't offed by Jon Snow

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Episode was great.... the Battle for Winterfell was pretty awesome.

Couple things that bothered me though.

First off Sansa and the Vale.... so she knows the Vale is coming to help or at least knows she asked for help that was offered and she neglects to tell Jon.... why?

No matter what Jon did the Vale was coming to help them, if he waited 1 more day to fight, Ramsay's army woulda been pwned much easier. What was the motivation for Sansa to get the Vale's help, but not tell Jon it was coming? Jon and everyone were gonna know The Vale helped after, ya know, they fucking helped. Keeping this a secret could have cost them the battle.

Second I have to say I lol'd a little bit at the middle of the battle.... so Jon charges enraged, and his guys follow him in.... all of that I get.... emotion and all that. They wind up in the middle of the field in one big group and Ramsay sends out his fucking pikemen phalanx wall and Jon and all his guys stand in the middle and wait for the entire 360 degree encirclement to be complete and then they start trying to break through the phalanx. That phalanx was like 3-4 deep... if you just charged one part of it as they were setting up with the Giant leading the charge.... you easily breakout of that encirclement. This part of the battle made no fucking sense at all.... neither did the archers charging into combat rather than advancing and putting arrows down on Ramsay and his pikemen who were sitting and waiting to go in.

Last thing.... Ramsay vs Jon was kinda Special person. Let me say that Ramsay is never described as being a great shot with a bow and yet he becomes fucking Hawkeye in this episode sniping Rickon and WunWun and then trying to snipe Jon. Ramsay didn't have a sword to draw and just go this face pummeled in by Jon, which makes even less sense. RR Martin in the books describes Ramsay as "Not a great swordsman, but more of a brawler".... so Jon goes for a fist fight and Ramsay doesn't even contend.... mkay right. Ramsay had no sword the entire battle, no one fucking does that.... you always wear a sword, even Joffrey lol.

Ramsay getting eaten by his hounds was awesome and fitting.... #RIPHbkrussbro

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:

First off Sansa and the Vale.... so she knows the Vale is coming to help or at least knows she asked for help that was offered and she neglects to tell Jon.... why?

No matter what Jon did the Vale was coming to help them, if he waited 1 more day to fight, Ramsay's army woulda been pwned much easier. What was the motivation for Sansa to get the Vale's help, but not tell Jon it was coming? Jon and everyone were gonna know The Vale helped after, ya know, they fucking helped. Keeping this a secret could have cost them the battle.

Second I have to say I lol'd a little bit at the middle of the battle.... so Jon charges enraged, and his guys follow him in.... all of that I get.... emotion and all that. They wind up in the middle of the field in one big group and Ramsay sends out his fucking pikemen phalanx wall and Jon and all his guys stand in the middle and wait for the entire 360 degree encirclement to be complete and then they start trying to break through the phalanx. That phalanx was like 3-4 deep... if you just charged one part of it as they were setting up with the Giant leading the charge.... you easily breakout of that encirclement. This part of the battle made no fucking sense at all.... neither did the archers charging into combat rather than advancing and putting arrows down on Ramsay and his pikemen who were sitting and waiting to go in.

Last thing.... Ramsay vs Jon was kinda Special person. Let me say that Ramsay is never described as being a great shot with a bow and yet he becomes fucking Hawkeye in this episode sniping Rickon and WunWun and then trying to snipe Jon. Ramsay didn't have a sword to draw and just go this face pummeled in by Jon, which makes even less sense. RR Martin in the books describes Ramsay as "Not a great swordsman, but more of a brawler".... so Jon goes for a fist fight and Ramsay doesn't even contend.... mkay right. Ramsay had no sword the entire battle, no one fucking does that.... you always wear a sword, even Joffrey lol.

I was going to go with Wun Wun using no weapon.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was going to go with Wun Wun using no weapon.

Lol this is also a good point.... he coulda used a fucking tree trunk and made a giant shield to go with it.

Another wtf... Jon didn't look dressed for battle.... unless he had chainmail under his leather which makes no sense.... I would think he woulda wore plate armor.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

We did see Sansa tell Jon, on more than 1 occasion, he needed more help, but he was not waiting for anything. Whether she already knew the Vale was coming at the start of the battle or wasn't sure if Littlefinger would respond to her request for help, can't say for certain. I believe he was ready to help them before the request was even made as he had already convinced Robin he wanted to help his cousin. Since the request was made and Sansa offered a favor in return, we see Littlefinger ready to collect from her in the preview for the finale.

I think the formation of the phalanx wall was made possible by both the fact Jon's men attacked Ramsay's from the start rather than go with the original plan of letting Ramsay's men come to them. That was necessitated by Jon's reaction after Ramsay killed Rickon. With Jon incensed and going in on his own, Davos sends the men to back him up. Another thing was the mountain of dead bodies, making it difficult for either side to advance further and leaving Jon's army prone to that wall being set up outside it. Another interesting part of all that was when it seemed like Jon was buried in that mountain of bodies and was taking his last gasp of breath before working himself free and then the Vale comes to take out the wall. The only frustrating part for me in all that, was that I thought the Giant could do more to take out the wall than he did and then they wouldn't even have needed the Vale. See the Giant picking up 1 guy at a time and killing him while he could have virtually stomped all of them out, with his size.

Whatever Ramsay was in the books, I can't say. I know what he was in the show though. He was a very sick fuck who did many sick things to people when he had the upper hand. Basically, he was a merciless psychopath, but never the type who enjoyed a fair fight. Nor was he the type to lead his army by example and lead them by showing his own fighting prowess. He was the type to rely on his numbers and strategic advantage and then sit back and watch his army get the job done. This is again foreshadowed before the battle when he first meets with Jon and turns down Jon's invite for a one on one fight. Jon asks him how are your men going to feel about fighting for a man who won't fight for them.

Then at the end of the battle it's just Jon all pumped up, fueled with hatred for this psycho who just killed his brother and everybody's favorite giant. Ramsay says he'll accept the one on one battle now, seeing as he's the only one left. But hand to hand or sword to sword is still not Ramsay's way so he looks to take Jon out with a bow and arrow. Jon picks up the shield to block the arrows and then hits Ramsey with the shield, knocking him down and making him easy prey for the punches to follow that would make minced meat out of his face and an inviting meal for his own hungry hounds.

All in all, episode 9 was epic, the best for GOT and maybe any other TV show as well.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We did see Sansa tell Jon, on more than 1 occasion, he needed more help, but he was not waiting for anything. Whether she already knew the Vale was coming at the start of the battle or wasn't sure if Littlefinger would respond to her request for help, can't say for certain. I believe he was ready to help them before the request was even made as he had already convinced Robin he wanted to help his cousin. Since the request was made and Sansa offered a favor in return, we see Littlefinger ready to collect from her in the preview for the finale.

I think the formation of the phalanx wall was made possible by both the fact Jon's men attacked Ramsay's from the start rather than go with the original plan of letting Ramsay's men come to them. That was necessitated by Jon's reaction after Ramsay killed Rickon. With Jon incensed and going in on his own, Davos sends the men to back him up. Another thing was the mountain of dead bodies, making it difficult for either side to advance further and leaving Jon's army prone to that wall being set up outside it. Another interesting part of all that was when it seemed like Jon was buried in that mountain of bodies and was taking his last gasp of breath before working himself free and then the Vale comes to take out the wall. The only frustrating part for me in all that, was that I thought the Giant could do more to take out the wall than he did and then they wouldn't even have needed the Vale. See the Giant picking up 1 guy at a time and killing him while he could have virtually stomped all of them out, with his size.

Whatever Ramsay was in the books, I can't say. I know what he was in the show though. He was a very sick fuck who did many sick things to people when he had the upper hand. Basically, he was a merciless psychopath, but never the type who enjoyed a fair fight. Nor was he the type to lead his army by example and lead them by showing his own fighting prowess. He was the type to rely on his numbers and strategic advantage and then sit back and watch his army get the job done. This is again foreshadowed before the battle when he first meets with Jon and turns down Jon's invite for a one on one fight. Jon asks him how are your men going to feel about fighting for a man who won't fight for them.

Then at the end of the battle it's just Jon all pumped up, fueled with hatred for this psycho who just killed his brother and everybody's favorite giant. Ramsay says he'll accept the one on one battle now, seeing as he's the only one left. But hand to hand or sword to sword is still not Ramsay's way so he looks to take Jon out with a bow and arrow. Jon picks up the shield to block the arrows and then hits Ramsey with the shield, knocking him down and making him easy prey for the punches to follow that would make minced meat out of his face and an inviting meal for his own hungry hounds.

All in all, episode 9 was epic, the best for GOT and maybe any other TV show as well.

Yeah I know dude, I watched the episode....

Ramsay was a fighter.... he might not of been a fair fighter.... he might not of been a great swordsman.... but the one thing he was not until this episode was an archer lol. Even so if you say he tried sniping Jon because he thought he couldn't beat him.... why wouldn't you have a sword on you to try to defend yourself? Even during the battle he didn't have his sword.... no one does that, you always have your sword in case some shit goes down... a couple Knights break your ranks and make a run at you or you get flanked.

Ramsay got what he deserved, but based on who he was in both the books and the show.... they oddly turned him into a feeble character unable or unwilling to actually fight.... fuck Tyrion Lannister fought with weapons in hand in the Battle of the Blackwater.... but Ramsay goes without a sword and when Jon brawls him he just gets his face punched in without any attempt to fight back.

You realize Ramsay went toe to toe with Ironborn a few seasons ago and him and his guys won.... he couldn't of beaten Jon, but the way he lost was oddly dissatisfying.... IMO that is not who he was as a character.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I know dude, I watched the episode....

Ramsay was a fighter.... he might not of been a fair fighter.... he might not of been a great swordsman.... but the one thing he was not until this episode was an archer lol. Even so if you say he tried sniping Jon because he thought he couldn't beat him.... why wouldn't you have a sword on you to try to defend yourself? Even during the battle he didn't have his sword.... no one does that, you always have your sword in case some shit goes down... a couple Knights break your ranks and make a run at you or you get flanked.

Ramsay got what he deserved, but based on who he was in both the books and the show.... they oddly turned him into a feeble character unable or unwilling to actually fight.... fuck Tyrion Lannister fought with weapons in hand in the Battle of the Blackwater.... but Ramsay goes without a sword and when Jon brawls him he just gets his face punched in without any attempt to fight back.

You realize Ramsay went toe to toe with Ironborn a few seasons ago and him and his guys won.... he couldn't of beaten Jon, but the way he lost was oddly dissatisfying.... IMO that is not who he was as a character.

I disagree, I seem to remember an episode where he hunted someone through the woods and he ultimately caught and finished her by having Myranda put an arrow through her calf which allowed the dogs to catch up and eat her. IIRC Ramsey was the one that taught Myranda how to shoot.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Welp, for once G Martin didn't fuck us over.

That was easily the most satisfying episode to date

Terrific battle scenes on both fronts. JOn Snow having to climb his way up to get air was epic!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I fucking love Games of Thrones. The battle itself was epic and really directed well. Then to see Ramsey get eaten by his own dogs... What a great way to end that shit.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

That little grin on Sansa's face said everything:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol this is also a good point.... he coulda used a fucking tree trunk and made a giant shield to go with it.

Another wtf... Jon didn't look dressed for battle.... unless he had chainmail under his leather which makes no sense.... I would think he woulda wore plate armor.

Probably doesn't want armor to weigh him down. When you look at it, the Free Folk, the Dothraki, and the Unsullied don't wear much armor. Its kind of like the Europeans versus the Mongols back when.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Probably doesn't want armor to weigh him down. When you look at it, the Free Folk, the Dothraki, and the Unsullied don't wear much armor. Its kind of like the Europeans versus the Mongols back when.

Yeah this is the North though, they are the Europeans in your example, not light leather wearing people from warm weather areas.

The free folk don't wear armor entirely because they don't have it and could not manufacture it north of the Wall.

Jon was out there facing tons of arrows with basically no room for error, it was a bit odd.