Game of Thrones Thread

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You ever been hit by a large object like that to the upper chest area? Ramsay most definitely had the wind knocked out out of him by that blow. Not to mention Jon also had 20-30 pounds on Ramsay easy. No way Ramsay is winning that battle. Fact of the matter is Ramsay had his trap laid and it worked early on until the Knights of the Vale showed up.

I think part of the reason Sansa didn't show her hand until the battle was mostly won for Ramsay was that Ramsay would never have left Winterfell to fight them if he knew that they had the Knights of the Vale with them, then their armies would have been equal at best and he would never have fought them with those odds.

I agree the killing of the Giant was definitely a fuck you move but If I was Ramsay I would have shot john in the leg or arm area then shot the Giant immediately after as an additional fuck you, then turned back to the wounded Snow to finish him off. I just feel like for the character the writers messed up that part a bit. wounding and toying with his prey is more the way Ramsay has been throughout the series.

I grasp that Ramsay wasn't winning the fight, both from a story perspective and from a logical perspective.

I just felt that him getting smacked with a shield and then laying there getting punched was a hollow way for Ramsay Bolton to go down.

You can't tell me you wouldn't of preferred to see Ramsay try to fight Jon and even through the exhaustion and wounds Jon winning an actual fight with Ramsay and then beating him into submission wouldn't have been more enjoyable than what they gave us.

After such a cool battle I expected a decent showdown with Jon and Ramsay fighting for basically everything..... Jon beating Ramsay encapsulating the hard-fought victory won on the battlefield.... instead Ramsay just went down easy.

I don't like the way they handled that piece of the episode, if you wanna argue it was done perfectly I will just disagree forever.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How did Sansa link up with Littlefinger and the Knights I wonder? She was at the war council the night before the battle and knew the plan. Yet she somehow left the camp before the battle commenced and joined Littlefinger. Wonder if this was planned by Littlefinger in order to have Snow's army decimated and he achieving more power with his own army?

Methinks that Sansa is turning into a conniving bitch. She made it obvious that she doesn't like Snow's cadre of lieutenants and followers. Her mother certainly hated Jon so maybe Sansa thinks similarly of her half brother. She could end up being the villain of the story. She didn't appear to give a shit about saving Rickon, right? Just puts her closer to being head Stark and maybe Queen of the North? Right now, only Bran is left lineage-wise ahead of her claim. Bottom line......Jon better get his head out of his ass and beware of his half-sis:(

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I grasp that Ramsay wasn't winning the fight, both from a story perspective and from a logical perspective.

I just felt that him getting smacked with a shield and then laying there getting punched was a hollow way for Ramsay Bolton to go down.

You can't tell me you wouldn't of preferred to see Ramsay try to fight Jon and even through the exhaustion and wounds Jon winning an actual fight with Ramsay and then beating him into submission wouldn't have been more enjoyable than what they gave us.

After such a cool battle I expected a decent showdown with Jon and Ramsay fighting for basically everything..... Jon beating Ramsay encapsulating the hard-fought victory won on the battlefield.... instead Ramsay just went down easy.

I don't like the way they handled that piece of the episode, if you wanna argue it was done perfectly I will just disagree forever.

I see what you're saying and I half agree. I feel like the way Jon took him down was the kinda like a fuck you to Ramsay, almost like the symbolism of Ramsay trying to shoot Jon with the arrows was like how he treated people in a sense, he flung shit at people until they made a mistake and then Ramsay would have them. Instead when Jon finally got to Ramsay he showed him what a bitch he was and put him in his place rather quickly.

The take down to me makes sense, that was a hell of a take down and Ramsay was not prepared for it as he was trying to loose another arrow before Jon made contact.

Could the fight scene have been better and more drawn out? Sure, sure. I didn't have an issue with it but I won't tell you that it couldn't have been better. To each their own I can agree on that.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The giant could have been much more effective if he would have carried a giant sized sword. Just imagine him swinging away in the thick of the battle, he'd have taken out 5 or 6 guys per swing....battle over.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The giant could have been much more effective if he would have carried a giant sized sword. Just imagine him swinging away in the thick of the battle, he'd have taken out 5 or 6 guys per swing....battle over.

Yeah I agree, the Giant was definitely under-utilized. a large object would have made a huge difference in that battle.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

We were remarking on this earlier..... even a fucking tree trunk club woulda done wonders on that phalanx.... in the book the Giants use weapons and mounts (mamoths) at the battle at Castle Black.... so idk why he went weaponless.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You are not comprehending the stuff I am posting, you are fixated on Ramsay using a bow as if that precludes him from swinging on Jon in a life or death struggle.

Just shut your dum fucking mouth.

Oh, I am comprehending what you are saying just fine, dickhead. I just know that you are the one fixated on his not using a sword nor his fists in that one-sided fight. The scene in question was perfectly rational. In the end, Jon leveled Ramsey with his shield to the throat knocking him on his ass. Ever try to throw a punch while lying on your back? Doesn't work too well. Shit like that happens in bar fights and Jon is obviously a brawler and took full advantage of whatever he had to help himself in a fight. Ramsey didn't have a chance in the world after Jon leveled him. Probably couldn't even breathe when struck in the throat.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh, I am comprehending what you are saying just fine, dickhead. I just know that you are the one fixated on his not using a sword nor his fists in that one-sided fight. The scene in question was perfectly rational. In the end, Jon leveled Ramsey with his shield to the throat knocking him on his ass. Ever try to throw a punch while lying on your back? Doesn't work too well. Shit like that happens in bar fights and Jon is obviously a brawler and took full advantage of whatever he had to help himself in a fight. Ramsey didn't have a chance in the world after Jon leveled him. Probably couldn't even breathe when struck in the throat.

No, you're not getting it.... just stop.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not over-thinking this at all... Ramsay didn't fight at the end, he was a fighter.... defeated or not he should have been trying to kill Jon.... arrows.... knives.... fists.... that is who he was and for some odd reason, he just took a shield to the face and laid there.

The entire sequence was fine, except for him lying down and taking a pounding without any sort of a struggle.

As for him shooting WunWun.... well the Giant is still more dangerous than Jon and if you assume Ramsay saw he was done, then he killed the Giant as one final "Fuck You" to Jon.... probably hoped Jon would charge unprotected so he could snipe him too.

While it looked like Ramsey didn't fight back in the end, I think it's more he didn't have the chance to. He took his shots with the arrows and Jon quickly picked up the shield to block them. Once Jon got close enough he hit him upside the head knocking him down. This is the point, I guess, you wanted him to fight back cause you've seen him fight before and are under the assumption he was a decent brawler. But you never saw his ground game, did ya? Yes, it's weak. Jon had no problem getting the mount and ground and pound him to the point he made dog food out of him.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

True. Like I've said before, Jon isn't a very good field strategist and really doesn't have anyone in his camp that is. Ramsey was and really planned his battle well, even suckering Jon in by killing his brother Bran. In addition, if Jon was a better field officer, he could have avoided being encircled by their piked infantry by forming his own counterattack to break their line before being encircled. Also, I wonder why Jon's guys just didn't grab those pikes and pull them back toward themselves. Sort of a tug of war. Also, they could have gotten below those pikes and sort of roll block the soldiers.

This scene was kind of like one of the scenes in the 300 where they killed thousands of Persians using their pikes and swords behind their shields.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
:hawked::hawked::hawked::hawked::hawked::hawked::hawked::hawked::hawked::hawked::hawked::hawked:
I leave the crying to you.... everytime your sig changes unexpectedly.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
While it looked like Ramsey didn't fight back in the end, I think it's more he didn't have the chance to. He took his shots with the arrows and Jon quickly picked up the shield to block them. Once Jon got close enough he hit him upside the head knocking him down. This is the point, I guess, you wanted him to fight back cause you've seen him fight before and are under the assumption he was a decent brawler. But you never saw his ground game, did ya? Yes, it's weak. Jon had no problem getting the mount and ground and pound him to the point he made dog food out of him.

This is a scripted fight between 2 fictional characters on a TV show.

I did not agree with the way they scripted the "fight" and I think it failed to live up to who Ramsay was as a character in the books and in the show.

You guys realize, it is ok to not like the way a scene happens on the show right?

I can dislike the scene, you guys can like the scene..... nothing you say will convince me this was a well written way for Ramsay to go down.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is a scripted fight between 2 fictional characters on a TV show.

I did not agree with the way they scripted the "fight" and I think it failed to live up to who Ramsay was as a character in the books and in the show.

You guys realize, it is ok to not like the way a scene happens on the show right?

I can dislike the scene, you guys can like the scene..... nothing you say will convince me this was a well written way for Ramsay to go down.

Wah. Wah. Wah. It was an excellent ending. Ramsey showed his true colors and when his assortment of tricks ran out, he got the shit kicked out of him in the battle of bastards and eaten by his loyal beasts.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought Ramsay would at least throw a punch or something...oh well

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wah. Wah. Wah. It was an excellent ending. Ramsey showed his true colors and when his assortment of tricks ran out, he got the shit kicked out of him in the battle of bastards and eaten by his loyal beasts.

The ending was fine, I don't agree with the lack of fight from Ramsay.

You know it's ok to disagree right? We have opinions on a TV show here.... we're not discussing how to build the next Space Shuttle.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Loved the show... Loved the dog scene.
Thought the fight was anti-climatic.