Game of Thrones Thread

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Bravo. Last 2 episodes were brilliant, classics.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
i am debating in my head if this season or season 4 is the greatest season of thrones

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No one kills the Freys. The Mad Queen claims the throne. Jon Targaryen, King of the North. Team Dany on the way to cast the Mad Queen down.

Walder Frey is very ded....

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You knew Arya was gonna kill someone on her list, eh? The girl doesn't like cunts that kill her brother and mother.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Amazing episode. The Mountain harpooning the Shame Bitch was a classic. Lannisters and Terrell's at war. But does Jamie throw in with his sis? Maybe for awhile but somewhere,somehow I think he is gonna end up with Brienne.

A Big winner in this was the Imp....Hand of the Queen, no less. Cersei won her day but Old Lady Terell has big time allies now. But the biggest winner for Khalesi. She got her army. She's got her Navy. She's got her Hand. Then Jon Snow is in good shape with all of the Houses lining up but then he has to deal with Littlefinger who will betray him certainly.

Interesting situation with Uncle Ben leaving Brann. My guess is that he will line up next season with Jon and the dragon glass will be a key to fighting the white walkers. But Brann's story thus far is a weak one but now he knows the real story of Jon Snow.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Amazing episode. The Mountain harpooning the Shame Bitch was a classic. Lannisters and Terrell's at war. But does Jamie throw in with his sis? Maybe for awhile but somewhere,somehow I think he is gonna end up with Brienne.

A Big winner in this was the Imp....Hand of the Queen, no less. Cersei won her day but Old Lady Terell has big time allies now. But the biggest winner for Khalesi. She got her army. She's got her Navy. She's got her Hand. Then Jon Snow is in good shape with all of the Houses lining up but then he has to deal with Littlefinger who will betray him certainly.

Interesting situation with Uncle Ben leaving Brann. My guess is that he will line up next season with Jon and the dragon glass will be a key to fighting the white walkers. But Brann's story thus far is a weak one but now he knows the real story of Jon Snow.
Little Finger was an easy read. He wants to sit on the iron throne and will use anybody he has to. Knew he would be anti-King Jon. He'll continue to try to oust him by manipulating Sansa or revealing Jon's true parentage. Episodes from the past made me believe he knew about Jon's parents long before Bran found out tonight.

Dany speaks of marriage being a great way of forming new allies. Odds on favorite for her next husband has to be her nephew.

Ben leaves Bran in a safe place for him but one he, himself cannot pass. Be interesting to see if Bran keeps his secret or just tells Jon. if he tells any more, the birds will be quick to pick up on it.

Cersei didn't seem too torn up about the last of her 3 children jumping to his death. Also seemed quite ready and quick to take the throne herself. She'll be the mega Ramsay-like villain next season, likely meeting her demise at the end of it. Odds on favorite for taking her out is now Tyrion, who is on his way to do battle. Could still see a scenario in which it's Jaime but doesn't seem as likely with Tyrion entering the picture again.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Little Finger was an easy read. He wants to sit on the iron throne and will use anybody he has to. Knew he would be anti-King Jon. He'll continue to try to oust him by manipulating Sansa or revealing Jon's true parentage. Episodes from the past made me believe he knew about Jon's parents long before Bran found out tonight.

Dany speaks of marriage being a great way of forming new allies. Odds on favorite for her next husband has to be her nephew.

Ben leaves Bran in a safe place for him but one he, himself cannot pass. Be interesting to see if Bran keeps his secret or just tells Jon. if he tells any more, the birds will be quick to pick up on it.

Cersei didn't seem too torn up about the last of her 3 children jumping to his death. Also seemed quite ready and quick to take the throne herself. She'll be the mega Ramsay-like villain next season, likely meeting her demise at the end of it. Odds on favorite for taking her out is now Tyrion, who is on his way to do battle. Could still see a scenario in which it's Jaime but doesn't seem as likely with Tyrion entering the picture again.

I think now that Varys is officially team Dany (for now anyway) we could see a scenario where he and LF try kill each other the way they know how, through manipulation. There's three peeps who've got the knowledge of how Joffery met his fortunate demise, LF, Sansa, and Olenna… LF and Olenna had a mutually assured destruction thing going on but now that Cersei killed Olenna's whole family I don't think she's gonna give a fuck that Cersei knows her part in it. Olenna has no love for LF either and is now allied with Varys who knows how dangerous LF is. Varys could pit the Lanisters against LF in a hurry and after helping the Starks Cersei is already going to be looking for LF's slimy little head.

I agree that Jon and Dany need to hookup. That alliance would wield immense power and it's the Targaryen way. Plus Dany wants to shake up the 7 so marrying a bastard who she can legitimize will send a msg that shit has changed.

I think Bran does tell Jon but after the marriage. This will work out for Dany in the end because she'll keep her family name alive.

I think Cersei knew deep down Tommen was as good as dead. Why didn't she have someone watching the king? She knew Margaery's death would devastate him. Her whole story line this week was her accepting who she really is… a villain. She realized she doesn't do the things for the good they do her family but because they feel good. She always wanted to manipulate her sons who were the kings but when that doesn't work she just takes it for herself. Tyrion gonna slap a hoe and then choke the shit out of her.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As good as this season was, now I am depressed. It is like the off season when football, basketball, and hockey are over with:(

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think now that Varys is officially team Dany (for now anyway) we could see a scenario where he and LF try kill each other the way they know how, through manipulation. There's three peeps who've got the knowledge of how Joffery met his fortunate demise, LF, Sansa, and Olenna… LF and Olenna had a mutually assured destruction thing going on but now that Cersei killed Olenna's whole family I don't think she's gonna give a fuck that Cersei knows her part in it. Olenna has no love for LF either and is now allied with Varys who knows how dangerous LF is. Varys could pit the Lanisters against LF in a hurry and after helping the Starks Cersei is already going to be looking for LF's slimy little head.

I agree that Jon and Dany need to hookup. That alliance would wield immense power and it's the Targaryen way. Plus Dany wants to shake up the 7 so marrying a bastard who she can legitimize will send a msg that shit has changed.

I think Bran does tell Jon but after the marriage. This will work out for Dany in the end because she'll keep her family name alive.

I think Cersei knew deep down Tommen was as good as dead. Why didn't she have someone watching the king? She knew Margaery's death would devastate him. Her whole story line this week was her accepting who she really is… a villain. She realized she doesn't do the things for the good they do her family but because they feel good. She always wanted to manipulate her sons who were the kings but when that doesn't work she just takes it for herself. Tyrion gonna slap a hoe and then choke the shit out of her.

We still don't know if Jon is a bastard. Rhaegar and Lyanna could have been more of a love story where they took off together and went and got married.

There was an episode where LF was talking to Sansa about aunt Lyanna. Sansa said Rhaegar kidnapped her and raped her and what not. LF offered nothing in response but a grin as if he knew more to the story and that it was much different than what Sansa was told. Jon could actually be legitimate and the one with the strongest claim to the throne.

The odd thing with Cersei was she appeared to be getting dressed and ready for the little ceremony when she takes the throne before Tommen leaps to his death. She had FrankenMountain put him in a room with a perfect view of the Sept so wasn't trying to hide it from Tommen at all. Think she knew what he would do and accepted ithe fact he was going to die soon as everything else Maggy the frog told her had come to pass.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So assuming Rhaegar and Lyanna is a love story, does the fact that Rhaegar was married to Elia Martell still put Jon in bastard status? Not sure how that whole deal works, but certainly if Jon is legit then he technically has the strongest iron throne claim.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The odd thing with Cersei was she appeared to be getting dressed and ready for the little ceremony when she takes the throne before Tommen leaps to his death. She had FrankenMountain put him in a room with a perfect view of the Sept so wasn't trying to hide it from Tommen at all. Think she knew what he would do and accepted ithe fact he was going to die soon as everything else Maggy the frog told her had come to pass.

FrakenMountain didn't move the King, just simply didn't allow him to leave. Cersei showed that she cared about her son enough that she didn't want him to die in the wildfire explosion. I don't think Cersei expected her son to kill himself, I think that came as a shock. But now she has nothing to stop her from being that evil bitch she was born to be. Once you go that way there is no way out but death, you can't just shut off that part of yourself.

Either way, great episode, definitely up there as one of my favorite finales.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only thing I don't like about the episodes currently is that there is clearly a lot of time passing but there is no indication as too how much time has passed between scenes and that would be nice.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Only thing I don't like about the episodes currently is that there is clearly a lot of time passing but there is no indication as too how much time has passed between scenes and that would be nice.

Yeah seriously. Varys left Mereen for Dorne, and then came back to Mereen in what seemed like a week.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah seriously. Varys left Mereen for Dorne, and then came back to Mereen in what seemed like a week.
This is probably everyone's biggest problem with this episode

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Really not much to do in Dorne. Just went for a cameo appearance and headed right back to Mereen.

Now watch how long it takes Dany and friends to get to Westeros.

Reactions: BNB

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Really not much to do in Dorne. Just went for a cameo appearance and headed right back to Mereen.

Now watch how long it takes Dany and friends to get to Westeros.

I'm still pissed off they didn't cover how in the hell Sansa reconnected with LF for that battle.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One of my favorite scenes in the entire series was the speech that Lady Mormount gave to the other House leaders. She is very little but very mighty. Kind of like my wife:)

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

ugminiO.jpg

Ares title of PS master is safe.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
FrakenMountain didn't move the King, just simply didn't allow him to leave. Cersei showed that she cared about her son enough that she didn't want him to die in the wildfire explosion. I don't think Cersei expected her son to kill himself, I think that came as a shock. But now she has nothing to stop her from being that evil bitch she was born to be. Once you go that way there is no way out but death, you can't just shut off that part of yourself.

Either way, great episode, definitely up there as one of my favorite finales.

Honestly I think Cersei didn't want to be the one that killed him but was willing to let her son die so she could seize power.