Game of Thrones Thread

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was Hoster Tully's Castle, who was Bryndon brother (the blackfish). Edmore had three children, all of which preceded the Blackfish in the line of inheritance. Edmore was the last surviving child heir (making the blackfish the next in line). However, Edmore was being held captive by the Frey's, so the blackfish assumed command in his absence.

It's not really minutia as it explained what and why things were unfolding as they did when the Lannisters and Freys were laying siege to riverrun. The blackfish had the right to assume command in Edmore's absence, however, when Edmore was released, he immediately resumed control of the Castle. Jamie had previously threatened that after he released Edmore, if he didn't enter the Castle, resume control, and then surrender, Jamie was going to take his infant child, load him up in a catapult, and splatter him against the castle walls.

Thanks for the information. Was that laid out in the book because I don't remember it being part of the story line in the show itself? Also, was Blackfish at the Wedding when Frey did his dirty deeds and escaped to re-capture the castle alter on?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm kind of surprised that this thread isn't buzzing with speculation after the episode tonight, so I'll start:

The gift Euron is going to search for is the Dragon Horn. Go back and listen to the audio of that scene right around when he made that proclamation, guess what very pronounced sound there is. That could make things very interesting if he's successful.

Jon meets his aunt on Dragonstone. Sam is sending a raven to Jon about the location of a vast amount of dragon glass, which just so happens to be where Danny has set up camp.

The Hound and the Brotherhood are apparently going to hook up with Tormund? I find it a little too coincidental that Tormund is being sent up to Eastwatch in the same episode that Gregor hallucinates about that exact portion of the wall; or maybe it's just foreshadowing the end of the wildlings at the hands of the Walkers? Either way, with all the talk they had about not knowing their purpose despite clearly being shown favor by the Lord of Light, they're absolutely doing something important eventually. There was also the flaming sword trick Bedrick did in his fight with The Hound. Maybe he has some royal lineage and is actually Azor Ahai? Real headscratcher what's going to go on with that bunch.

Edit: anyone remember what mountain Clegane would be referring to as "[looking] like an arrowhead?" My SoIaF geographical memory is missing that one.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
While it seems like the stage was set early for the Mother of Dragons to meet up with her nephew, the King of the North, I think that comes towards the end of the season.

Arya sets her sight on the wicked queen. Don't think she'll be as easy a target as old man Frey.

Looks like Jorah didn't follow the orders of Queen Dany, who ordered him to find a cure for that shit.

Euron gonna take what's Jamie's and can do that cause he has 2 good hands.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pretty disappointing first episode other than the opening scene with Arya impersonating Frey. I guess though that they are just setting things up. Euron said that he'd give Cersei a gift to prove himself. I think that the gift will be the momma sand snake like someone else mentioned earlier and allow Cersei to take revenge on her for murdering her daughter.

As for Jorah being at the Citadel, I think that he probably went there to find knowledge on how to cure himself and was caught by the Maesters.

Euron's ships look bad ass and he should destroy anything on the sea (except for the dragon air force:) I expect the Imp will pilot one of those dragons BTW since he sort of befriended one of them.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty disappointing first episode other than the opening scene with Arya impersonating Frey. I guess though that they are just setting things up. Euron said that he'd give Cersei a gift to prove himself. I think that the gift will be the momma sand snake like someone else mentioned earlier and allow Cersei to take revenge on her for murdering her daughter.

As for Jorah being at the Citadel, I think that he probably went there to find knowledge on how to cure himself and was caught by the Maesters.

Euron's ships look bad ass and he should destroy anything on the sea (except for the dragon air force:) I expect the Imp will pilot one of those dragons BTW since he sort of befriended one of them.

OK, enough is enough and I am calling you out. Your not coming up with this stuff on your own, so don't present it as you have please.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm kind of surprised that this thread isn't buzzing with speculation after the episode tonight, so I'll start:

The gift Euron is going to search for is the Dragon Horn. Go back and listen to the audio of that scene right around when he made that proclamation, guess what very pronounced sound there is. That could make things very interesting if he's successful.

Jon meets his aunt on Dragonstone. Sam is sending a raven to Jon about the location of a vast amount of dragon glass, which just so happens to be where Danny has set up camp.

The Hound and the Brotherhood are apparently going to hook up with Tormund? I find it a little too coincidental that Tormund is being sent up to Eastwatch in the same episode that Gregor hallucinates about that exact portion of the wall; or maybe it's just foreshadowing the end of the wildlings at the hands of the Walkers? Either way, with all the talk they had about not knowing their purpose despite clearly being shown favor by the Lord of Light, they're absolutely doing something important eventually. There was also the flaming sword trick Bedrick did in his fight with The Hound. Maybe he has some royal lineage and is actually Azor Ahai? Real headscratcher what's going to go on with that bunch.

Edit: anyone remember what mountain Clegane would be referring to as "[looking] like an arrowhead?" My SoIaF geographical memory is missing that one.

OK, unlike the Hawk, I am going to freely admit that a lot of the information I have is via fansites and the massive amount of leaks there have been on season 7. So, if your one of the types of people that don't like leaks, than don't read what I say. MY GF is a big fan of the show, visits several GOT forums, leaks etc, and likes to talk about it. I admit though, I like the show and it doesn't bother me discussing it with her (much better than some of the other conversation options lol).

**************************************Spoiler***************************************
The "gift" won't be the dragon horn. I sincerely doubt that part of the books ever makes it into the show. The gift will be Yara, and the Sand Snakes. Euron intercepts them when they are on a mission for Dany and soundly defeats them, only Theon escapes, through an act of cowardice.

Your right about Jon, at first he gets a raven from Dany (she sends out ravens to the seven kingdoms, giving them the chance to "bend a knee"). Jon will initially decline, but the raven from Sam will persuade him to go.

The hound and Tormen do "hook up" at Eastwatch, but at first it's not under the best of terms. The brotherhood ends up in the dungeons at Eastwatch. There is no real fighting though, and it's more do to the fact Tormund doesn't know what to do with them.

The arrowhead mountain is just a mountain that resembles an arrowhead that is a prominent feature of the landscape at Eastwatch.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
While it seems like the stage was set early for the Mother of Dragons to meet up with her nephew, the King of the North, I think that comes towards the end of the season.

Arya sets her sight on the wicked queen. Don't think she'll be as easy a target as old man Frey.

Looks like Jorah didn't follow the orders of Queen Dany, who ordered him to find a cure for that shit.

Euron gonna take what's Jamie's and can do that cause he has 2 good hands.

**************************************Spoiler***************************************

Arya at first does have her sights set on Cersei, but that will change when she finds out Jon is King of the North and at Winterfell. I really do hope the two (Arya/Cersie) meet up in the future though.

Jorah went to the Citadel looking for a cure, Sam will eventually help him. He will get cured.

Euron will puss out eventually

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Thought we were getting longer episodes due to the short season? Also, no Tyrion = fail. Overall it was an underwhelming episode for me.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK, enough is enough and I am calling you out. Your not coming up with this stuff on your own, so don't present it as you have please.
There are multiple sites and youtube videos with peeps putting out their theories. The one with Imp riding one of the dragons has been around for a while. Popular speculation says the 3 riders will be Momma, The Hand, and the nephew.

Haven't seen the one about Jorah but haven't read anything about him lately. Makes sense that that's why he's there though.

As for Euron's gift, there's already several different theories thrown out there. Seen here in this thread 2 of them already, the dragon horn and Ellaria (the one who gave Myrcella the kiss of death.) Don't think the latter is likely though as Cersei seems to have put the death of all her kids behind her. The dragon horn maybe but another one I've heard makes more sense, the last potential Baratheon heir to the throne, Gendry.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Arya at first does have her sights set on Cersei, but that will change when she finds out Jon is King of the North and at Winterfell. I really do hope the two (Arya/Cersie) meet up in the future though.

Jorah went to the Citadel looking for a cure, Sam will eventually help him. He will get cured.

Euron will puss out eventually
Can't argue with any of that.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are multiple sites and youtube videos with peeps putting out their theories. The one with Imp riding one of the dragons has been around for a while. Popular speculation says the 3 riders will be Momma, The Hand, and the nephew.

Haven't seen the one about Jorah but haven't read anything about him lately. Makes sense that that's why he's there though.

As for Euron's gift, there's already several different theories thrown out there. Seen here in this thread 2 of them already, the dragon horn and Ellaria (the one who gave Myrcella the kiss of death.) Don't think the latter is likely though as Cersei seems to have put the death of all her kids behind her. The dragon horn maybe but another one I've heard makes more sense, the last potential Baratheon heir to the throne, Gendry.

Except there have already been photo's leaked of Euron parading Yara, Tyne, and Ellaria in chains through Kings Landing......

Ok the following is just my personal take, and not based on leaked information so take it as you may...........

There has always been a misconception about "three dragon Riders" which stems from the prophecy "the dragon must have three heads". I don't think this refers to dragon riders at all (and Dany will lose a dragon this season making that theory mute). Rather, it is referring to a unification of forces, the third of which I believe will be the KL forces (the other two are Dany's and Jon's forces).

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Davos finds Gendry in Kings Landing and he joins Jon.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except there have already been photo's leaked of Euron parading Yara, Tyne, and Ellaria in chains through Kings Landing......
Didn't know about that. It is telling.
Ok the following is just my personal take, and not based on leaked information so take it as you may...........

There has always been a misconception about "three dragon Riders" which stems from the prophecy "the dragon must have three heads". I don't think this refers to dragon riders at all
(and Dany will lose a dragon this season making that theory mute)
. Rather, it is referring to a unification of forces, the third of which I believe will be the KL forces (the other two are Dany's and Jon's forces).
Certainly possible but I think KL will be obliterated.

Last edited:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thought we were getting longer episodes due to the short season? Also, no Tyrion = fail. Overall it was an underwhelming episode for me.
Don't know what more could have been expected before everything was set up and it looks like just about everything was set up in this first episode. A bit of a power struggle between Bitch Face and Jon, the much needed ally for the Lannisters and recognition that Baby Bro is now their sworn enemy, and team Dany set up on a pile of dragonglass that her nephew is about to be notified about, if that message is not intercepted.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't know about that. It is telling.
Certainly possible but I think KL will be obliterated.

**********************Spolier**************************

Dany's quest to take control of Westeros/KL gets interrupted when she hears of the WW's via Jon. At first she is skeptical, as is everyone, that prompts Jon to go on a Wight hunt (capture a wight and bring it back to prove to everyone the threat is real). Jon's party ends up in some serious shit, Dany swoops in at the last moment and saves the party, except for Jon who gets separated from the rest. With Jon facing certain doom, Benjen swoops in at the last moment and save Jon, sacrificing himself in the process. This is the scene in which Dany loses a dragon to the NK. Viserion (sp?) gets to reckless in his bad ass moment burning all the undead and flies to close to the nights king who slices him open with an ice sword. Later the NK resurrects Viserion, and he becomes the NK's mount, and eventually plays a huge part in bringing down the wall.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't know what more could have been expected before everything was set up and it looks like just about everything was set up in this first episode. A bit of a power struggle between Bitch Face and Jon, the much needed ally for the Lannisters and recognition that Baby Bro is now their sworn enemy, and team Dany set up on a pile of dragonglass that her nephew is about to be notified about, if that message is not intercepted.

Exactly this, it was a table setting episode in which many of the Key players are moved into or are in to the process of moving into key positions.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You guys know about that spoiler tag right?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dany's quest to take control of Westeros/KL gets interrupted when she hers of the WW's via Jon. At first she is skeptical, as is everyone, that prompts Jon to go on a Wight hunt (capture a wight and bring it back to prove to everyone the threat is real). Jon's party ends up in some serious shit, Dany swoops in at the last moment and saves the party, except for Jon who gets separated from the rest. With Jon facing certain doom, Benjen swoops in at the last moment and save Jon, sacrificing himself in the process. This is the scene in which Dany loses a dragon to the NK. Viserion (sp?) gets to reckless in his bad as moment burning all the undead and flies to close to the nights king who slices him open with an ice sword. Later the NK resurrects Viserion, and he becomes the NK's mount, and eventually plays a huge part in bringing down the wall.
Get the feeling there should be spoiler tags here. Have seen most of this in bits and pieces but have a much clearer vision of how the rest of the season will play out now. Maybe they can throw in some surprises?

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys know about that spoiler tag right?

Actually no.....explain?

Be happy to put some in, can someone show me how? I did mention in my early posts not to read what I had to say if they didn't want to be "spoiled" I take it that was not suffice?

Edit: Is that what you mean?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually no.....explain?

Be happy to put some in, can someone show me how? I did mention in my early posts not to read what I had to say if they didn't want to be "spoiled" I take it that was not suffice?

Edit: Is that what you mean?
No. Just put
at beginning and another with a backslash at the end.