Game of Thrones Thread

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
She won't hate on her nephew. If it's a family feud you want, wait til The new little Hand of the Queen takes out his evil incestuous sister and maybe 1 handed brother too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it may not even take Tyrion to get involved in that feud. Seems Jamie is already questioning the queen, and getting threatened for it with that whole "Do you fear me?" comment. Not to mention Jamie's new apparent enemy who is courting his sister.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Dany wants that throne for herself so I find this unlikely.

Has Jon ever given any indication of wanting the Iron Throne? I don't think Jon and Dany have any beef, she's all about the Throne, he's all about the North, no cross purposes. In fact they share a common hate for Lanisters, but I don't think Dany even knows about or cares about the White Walkers yet. For Jon and Dany to become allies somebody has to get her up to speed on that shit. Those dragons could really come in handy.

Of course Baelish would love to have the Iron Throne become part of the conversation in the North.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And it may not even take Tyrion to get involved in that feud. Seems Jamie is already questioning the queen, and getting threatened for it with that whole "Do you fear me?" comment. Not to mention Jamie's new apparent enemy who is courting his sister.

Yep. Jamie has got to be pissed also when Cersei said that Tommen betrayed her and she didn't protect him after the shit went down at the Sparrow bake. Also, he has been basically cowtowing to her beck and call for a long time and he is probably tired of it. Juran's insults may have been the next to last straw.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Has Jon ever given any indication of wanting the Iron Throne? I don't think Jon and Dany have any beef, she's all about the Throne, he's all about the North, no cross purposes. In fact they share a common hate for Lanisters, but I don't think Dany even knows about or cares about the White Walkers yet. For Jon and Dany to become allies somebody has to get her up to speed on that shit. Those dragons could really come in handy.

Of course Baelish would love to have the Iron Throne become part of the conversation in the North.
I don't think they would intentionally go after eachother. Jon's following seems to be growing to the point where he is a contender for the throne whether he wants it or not. He never wanted any of the titles he's had throughout the series. GOT is all about manipulation and betrayal. Just a theory and prediction on my end.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think they would intentionally go after eachother. Jon's following seems to be growing to the point where he is a contender for the throne whether he wants it or not. He never wanted any of the titles he's had throughout the series. GOT is all about manipulation and betrayal. Just a theory and prediction on my end.

Jon and Dany do meet each other early in the season (episode 3 I think). At first Jon refuses to bend a knee, but during the course of events I have already spelled out, the two grow close and a relationship develops. I don't expect the Jon is really a targ issue to raise it's head until after the two have had sex, which will make for a good WTF moment, GOT style.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Jon and Dany do meet each other early in the season (episode 3 I think). At first Jon refuses to bend a knee, but during the course of events I have already spelled out, the two grow close and a relationship develops. I don't expect the Jon is really a targ issue to raise it's head until after the two have had sex, which will make for a good WTF moment, GOT style.

I'm just fully expecting a tragic ending with a touch of sugar on top to lighten the blow and appease the masses.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm just fully expecting a tragic ending with a touch of sugar on top to lighten the blow and appease the masses.

Yeah, I am pretty sure the two will make it to the last episode, GRMM has said as much in interviews dating back several years. No idea on the state of their relationship at the end though......

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I agree. Both also are showing themselves to be pragmatic and deal makers. And both are willing to listen to advice yet make hard decisions. I thought that Jon's decision process in letting the Karstark and the other house keep their houses in order was a good scene and I gotta say that the little Mormount gal is becoming a rock star in her own right, huh? IT is interesting how they have blended her into some very important decisions that have been made in the last five or six different episodes. I think that they are going to have to do the same with Bran because that whole story line is pretty sorry as far as I am concerned.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
End up with Dany? This is GOT we're talking about, happy endings aren't typical. I expect the final battle to be between them.

Not me. They have too much in common to be enemies. The final battle it seems to me to between what is left of Jon and Dany's forces and the White Walkers. I think Cersei is going to end the season dead or that there will be a cliff hanger going into the 7th season with her fate hanging in the balance. But to pull the 7th season together, they are really going to have to educate folks more about the White Walkers, what kills them, and why. One of the problems with them also is that they really do not have any real characters, right? There is no dialogue, no interaction among them, only the stark reality of death all around them. It is worse than the Lord of the Rings enemies for cripes sake.

How about this? Maybe they ought to add some comedic elements to the White Walkers? Perhaps have some dialog boxes made where say a Giant wonder where he is going and why he is going there? Did the walkers also have to sign somekind of loyalty oath? What happens is a walker doesn't want to follow these goofs on skeleton horses anyway? Why don't they get horses? Do they have union representation? Call SAG, please. I hear that GoT is hiring some "scabs", to work:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think one of the more overlooked and interesting storylines will be when Jon finds out he's a Tagaryen and it's going to cause a huge problem with Sansa and the North.

That is an interesting point and I am going to count on the Mormount girl to let cooler heads prevail:) Certainly Littlefinger will try and whip up resentment among the Knights of the Vail so they may end up turning on Jon and Sansa. But maybe the teat sucking kid will save the day:)

As an update to the above...... I just watched the pre-view on the next episode where they are having somekind of a meeting and the fat guy in charge of the Knights of the Vail(Vale?) (Veil?) whatever, stood up in front of Jon and said something to the fact that they couldn't trust a Tagaryen. COuld Jon have "outed" himself so soon and it was Jon the fat guy was talking about? Don't think so because of the time element. So who do you think the fat guy was talking about?

Methinks this and no Igno, I haven't gone to any secret sites to figure this out. It is just speculation. I think that Sam sent the message to Jon about the magic glass being on the Khalesi's island and Jon poses to the group an alliance with her to defeat the white walkers. This now makes a bit of sense to me why Jon would end up having to capture one of those walkers to prove to both the Knights of the Vale and Khalesi that the walkers really do exist.

Question though...... how in the hell do you "capture" a white walker? Does the Geneva Convention apply to white walkers. Is Guantanemo Bay in operations back then?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't think it's as overlooked as it is inconsequential. As the Snowman has said all must unite for the real enemy. Also with Bran being the only one knowledgeable of Jon being a Targaryen, I don't think he's likely to tell anyone but Jon. Could see a rift between Jon and Bitch face but unlikely she completely sells him out. Regardless, Jon is going to end up with Dany either way and when shit goes down any who have abandoned him will get behind him again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone will tell on jon. Jon will tell on himself being the honorable bloke that he is. Also, I gotta say, I watched a replay where bran follows Jamie to the castle where Jon's mother has just given birth. Damn......those Targaryen women were beautiful:)!!!!!!

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Not me. They have too much in common to be enemies. The final battle it seems to me to between what is left of Jon and Dany's forces and the White Walkers. I think Cersei is going to end the season dead or that there will be a cliff hanger going into the 7th season with her fate hanging in the balance. But to pull the 7th season together, they are really going to have to educate folks more about the White Walkers, what kills them, and why. One of the problems with them also is that they really do not have any real characters, right? There is no dialogue, no interaction among them, only the stark reality of death all around them. It is worse than the Lord of the Rings enemies for cripes sake.

How about this? Maybe they ought to add some comedic elements to the White Walkers? Perhaps have some dialog boxes made where say a Giant wonder where he is going and why he is going there? Did the walkers also have to sign somekind of loyalty oath? What happens is a walker doesn't want to follow these goofs on skeleton horses anyway? Why don't they get horses? Do they have union representation? Call SAG, please. I hear that GoT is hiring some "scabs", to work:)

I agree with most of this but I should probably tell you... this IS the 7th and FINAL season.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have no doubt they will be.

I agree. Martin may not have wanted it that way but the two rock stars in this series are Jon and Khalesi and they will be around till the end.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with most of this but I should probably tell you... this IS the 7th and FINAL season.

I do not think so. They have said that there will be two more seasons.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone will tell on jon. Jon will tell on himself being the honorable bloke that he is. Also, I gotta say, I watched a replay where bran follows Jamie to the castle where Jon's mother has just given birth. Damn......those Targaryen women were beautiful:)!!!!!!

Well yeah you are, and here is the reason why. NO One could get so many of his predictions right, while at the same time completly bungle the past (you know the stuff that isn't being talked about atm).

follows Jamie to the castle where Jon's mother has just given birth. Damn......those Targaryen women were beautiful:

WTF?????

It was a young Ned Stark he followed to the "tower" and that was Lyanna Stark giving Birth, not a targaryen.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I do not think so. They have said that there will be two more seasons.

I stand corrected, they have mentioned an 8th season. Not sure where you're getting 2 from, unless you're referring to the 7th (current) season.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jon will tell Sansa and then Littlefinger will catch on... if he doesn't already know. Come to think of it, there has been hints that LF does know so it will likely be him. Still, no matter in the grand scheme of things.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The 7th season current will have 7 episodes.
The 8th season will have 6 episodes.

Down the road there will be more content, most speculation is a prequel.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
The 7th season current will have 7 episodes.
The 8th season will have 6 episodes.

Down the road there will be more content, most speculation is a prequel.
Yeah everything I've read is spinoffs/prequels. Nothing after 8.