Game of Thrones Thread

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's read the books and watched all the shows more than once. He's either got a severe comprehension problem or is trolling everyone. The fact he keeps doing it makes me think it's the latter. I hope so for his sake anyway.

I made a couple of mistakes in the names of the characters and didn't remember the lineage of the girl in the tower. IF you want to call that a "comprehension problem" fine with me.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Your right. Once again, I got the names mixed up. It was young Ned not Jamie. Refresh me please on the girl who gave birth. Was that Ned's sister? Was she married to a Targaryen or was Jon born a bastard? I do not remember that part of the story. I assumed after watching the re-run of the episode that she was a Targaryen and my remark was based on how beautiful both she and Khalesi were.

I know that you think that I somehow used some "aids" to get my predictions right and that is fine with me. You are completely entitled to your opinion on that. But no, I do not. The mistakes that I have made primarily are due to getting a few names wrong as in Mereen, Dorne, and now Jamie and not Ned. If I had proof read my post I would have caught it but normally I just type and send and if I get a name of a character wrong, then so be it. I knew that Bran followed Ned up those steps and not Jamie. It was just simpy getting a name wrong. Hell, someone chastised me for calling Walder Frey, Walter Frey. It really isn't very important to me making a slip like that. I am having fun on this thread speculating and commenting with you all.

Lyanna Stark, Ned's sister.... she was "kidnapped" by Rhaegar Targaryen and taken to the Tower of Joy.

Lyanna had been betrothed to Robert... when she was "kidnapped", and Ned's brother Brandon Stark went to King's Landing to demand her return and was imprisoned along with his friends who were sons of other Northern lords.

The Mad King demanded the fathers of those he imprisoned come to King's Landing to account for their sons' actions.

They all went to King's Landing and were murdered by the Mad King, Brandon strangled himself to death trying to get free to help his (and Ned's) father who was being cooked alive in his armor.

This drama spurred Ned to rally his banners behind John Arryn (The Vale) and Robert Baratheon (who rallied his banners) and begin Robert's Rebellion.

Once Robert's Rebellion was over, Ned took his friends to the Tower of Joy to retrieve Lyanna which is the scene you watched Bran observe in season 6 last year.

This is a key piece of backstory that hints at Jon Snow being Lyanna and Rhaegar's son, thus making him a Targaryean/Stark.... nephew to Dany and potential heir to the Iron Throne.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You forgot your mic drop at the end

giphy.gif

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LF is already scheming to use jealousy, and to find a way to use mistrust to drive a wedge between Sansa and Jon.

Ultimately he'll fail. I think that she sees too much of her father's and brother's honor in Jon to betray him.

She is hardened in many ways, but not to her family. Her time in King's landing, seeing the machinations and plots of the Lannisters, Tyrells, etc...she is far more cunning in the Game than Jon-she'll only defy him to protect him. She knows that no one else plays by her Father's rules. In fact, I see her being the one that brokers the alliance between Dany and the North. She already has in-roads with Dany's Hand.

Furthermore, the Imp combined with Varys will out maneuver Cersei.

She's fucked.

But fuck all that-I'm loving that the Hound is getting more and more story time. After Oberyn's mind getting blown, Sandor is now hands down my favorite character.

Moment of silence for the Red Viper-he was the man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. We are seeing a couple of characters morph into better people, the Hound and Jamie. I also loved the Red Viper. Good call!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My daughter just called. She and her husband are recent addicts of GoT:) Thought I'd share something with you guys. In the last episode, remember the scene where Arya comes across the 7 or so soldiers who are singing around a campfire? She asks what song they are singing and one guy tells her it is a NEW SONG? My daughter said that one of the soldiers in that scene is a pretty famous British singer. She told me his name but I forget(maybe Sherer?) Don't know but it was a one time cameo by the guy. I guess it probably was his song that they were singing? I liked that scene in that it kind of told a sort of soldier's story where they weren't portrayed as murderers, rapists, thugs, etc. but rather average guys caught up in a rich person's war.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Blackfish was at the Red Wedding. He got up to piss before the slayings took place and escaped.

Thanks for the information. Anyone know what happened to the Tully army after they took the Tully castle? Did they absorb them into the Jamie's army?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm certain he is. The "Bran following Jaime" post leaves no doubt. He's winding people in this thread up, like a troll at a Star Trek convention, intentionally referencing things from Star Wars while talking about Star Trek characters.

"My favorite episode of Star Trek Deep Space Nine was when Kirk was temporarily blind, but still knocked Khan into the Pit of Sarlacc"

I'm trolling?? Really? I made a simple mistake about a name in that tower scene and don't remember the lineage of the woman in the tower. You really think that I actually thought that Jamie was the guy who went into that tower? Really? Look, there are hundreds of names of the characters in this show and thousands of scenes over the 6+ years of the show. I made a simple mistake with a name. Deal with it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lyanna Stark, Ned's sister.... she was "kidnapped" by Rhaegar Targaryen and taken to the Tower of Joy.

Lyanna had been betrothed to Robert... when she was "kidnapped", and Ned's brother Brandon Stark went to King's Landing to demand her return and was imprisoned along with his friends who were sons of other Northern lords.

The Mad King demanded the fathers of those he imprisoned come to King's Landing to account for their sons' actions.

They all went to King's Landing and were murdered by the Mad King, Brandon strangled himself to death trying to get free to help his (and Ned's) father who was being cooked alive in his armor.

This drama spurred Ned to rally his banners behind John Arryn (The Vale) and Robert Baratheon (who rallied his banners) and begin Robert's Rebellion.

Once Robert's Rebellion was over, Ned took his friends to the Tower of Joy to retrieve Lyanna which is the scene you watched Bran observe in season 6 last year.

This is a key piece of backstory that hints at Jon Snow being Lyanna and Rhaegar's son, thus making him a Targaryean/Stark.... nephew to Dany and potential heir to the Iron Throne.

Thanks a lot for that information. Was that in the first book and first season? I seem to recall Robert talking to Ned about loving someone who was taken from him in the first season but forgot that it was Ned's sister he was talking about. Maybe it was in the tomb area where the statues of the Starks were displayed where he said this?

So thanks again. It now makes a lot more sense to me and I apologize for forgetting about it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Guize, the Sand Snakes are from Mereen and Bronn is hand of the country.... just accept it.

I love the line where Jamie tells Bronn that he considers him to be the "hand" that he doesn't have. Sort of his "right hand man":)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thanks a lot for that information. Was that in the first book and first season? I seem to recall Robert talking to Ned about loving someone who was taken from him in the first season but forgot that it was Ned's sister he was talking about. Maybe it was in the tomb area where the statues of the Starks were displayed where he said this?

So thanks again. It now makes a lot more sense to me and I apologize for forgetting about it.

I believe you mostly get it from the books actually.... the show does not really cover it until that scene in season 6 last year.

You kind of have to piece it all together from conversations within the books.

I cannot recall if any one person talks thru the entire course of events with Lyanna/Rhaegar and Robert's Rebellion and then Tower of Joy.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wow, this stuff really has an audience, huh? A lot of people have way too much time on their hands:)

A lot of people take the time to follow a show and know the characters and plot lines.

Then there are people that have so much time to post shit that is so completely fucked up, it is mistaken for trolling.

My recommendation, stop posting about things you know nothing about, and take the time to actually learn about the characters and story lines. Just trying to help, please by all means continue to post gibberish.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your right. Once again, I got the names mixed up. It was young Ned not Jamie. Refresh me please on the girl who gave birth. Was that Ned's sister? Was she married to a Targaryen or was Jon born a bastard? I do not remember that part of the story. I assumed after watching the re-run of the episode that she was a Targaryen and my remark was based on how beautiful both she and Khalesi were.

I know that you think that I somehow used some "aids" to get my predictions right and that is fine with me. You are completely entitled to your opinion on that. But no, I do not. The mistakes that I have made primarily are due to getting a few names wrong as in Mereen, Dorne, and now Jamie and not Ned. If I had proof read my post I would have caught it but normally I just type and send and if I get a name of a character wrong, then so be it. I knew that Bran followed Ned up those steps and not Jamie. It was just simpy getting a name wrong. Hell, someone chastised me for calling Walder Frey, Walter Frey. It really isn't very important to me making a slip like that. I am having fun on this thread speculating and commenting with you all.

Jon Snow is not a bastard. He is the child of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen, and the one and only rightful heir to the Iron Throne.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jon Snow is not a bastard. He is the child of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen, and the one and only rightful heir to the Iron Throne.

Except Jon is Daenerys' nephew so she is first in line then Jon. Making two rightful heirs to the Iron Throne. Unless you're going by the whole patriarch society of GoT where you say since Jon is the male he is the only true heir. At which point I quote Cersei Lannister "power is power." She wields more actual power and control over the realm than Jon does. Although Jon sure does keep picking up loyal followers without even trying.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Well, he is a bastard since Rhaegar was married to Elia Martell; and he wouldn't be a rightful heir due to the whole being a bastard thing. In the show Daenerys is the only true born child of Targaryen descent. Well, there are several others that have Targaryen blood through matrilineal means -- there were numerous Targaryen princesses wed off to various Westerossi houses through the ages -- but they'd only have a legitimate claim if there were no true born patrilineal descendants left.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, he is a bastard since Rhaegar was married to Elia Martell; and he wouldn't be a rightful heir due to the whole being a bastard thing. In the show Daenerys is the only true born child of Targaryen descent. Well, there are several others that have Targaryen blood through matrilineal means -- there were numerous Targaryen princesses wed off to various Westerossi houses through the ages -- but they'd only have a legitimate claim if there were no true born patrilineal descendants left.

Theories say otherwise. They say she ran away and did indeed marry that Targaryen fella. Maybe Danyreus and Jon can do a true incestuous King/Queen type thing and upgrade that Iron Throne to an Iron Loveseat.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Theories say otherwise. They say she ran away and did indeed marry that Targaryen fella. Maybe Danyreus and Jon can do a true incestuous King/Queen type thing and upgrade that Iron Throne to an Iron Loveseat.

Even if they did run away and get married, he was still married to Elia -- making the second marriage null, and any children illegitimate. Unless, of course, polygamous marriage is legal in Westeros. That wouldn't make a ton of sense though since every other instance we know about shows marriage and succession being treated exactly as it was/is in real life. Either way, the only person that could attest to Jon's parentage would be Howland Reed or the handmaidens -- and they can only confirm that he was Lyanna's, who could have been whoring about the countryside after being "abducted" for all anyone can prove.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The storyline that intrigues me more is the possibility of Tyrion being Targaryen. I don't know if that will be fleshed out in the series or not but they toyed with it when he was able to interact with the dragons without being eviscerated.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even if they did run away and get married, he was still married to Elia -- making the second marriage null, and any children illegitimate. Unless, of course, polygamous marriage is legal in Westeros. That wouldn't make a ton of sense though since every other instance we know about shows marriage and succession being treated exactly as it was/is in real life. Either way, the only person that could attest to Jon's parentage would be Howland Reed or the handmaidens -- and they can only confirm that he was Lyanna's, who could have been whoring about the countryside after being "abducted" for all anyone can prove.

Sam will find out, while at the Citadel, that rhaegar had his marriage to Elia annulled, and then legally married Lyanna, making Jon legititmate, however, that would not change the fact Dany is still first in line, if you follow that whole targ lineage thing.......

The targs lost the iron throne by conquest, the only way to regain it is by conquest, so lineage is really a mute subject.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think Tyrion being a targaryen is a red herring. Dragons have a sense of those that mean them no harm, and it doesn't take a targaryen to approach one (but it helps).