Game of Thrones Thread

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One could argue that Gendry is the rightful heir to the throne, the last remaining offspring of Robert, and hey look, guess who just got re-introduced into the fold this season.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My daughter just called. She and her husband are recent addicts of GoT:) Thought I'd share something with you guys. In the last episode, remember the scene where Arya comes across the 7 or so soldiers who are singing around a campfire? She asks what song they are singing and one guy tells her it is a NEW SONG? My daughter said that one of the soldiers in that scene is a pretty famous British singer. She told me his name but I forget(maybe Sherer?) Don't know but it was a one time cameo by the guy. I guess it probably was his song that they were singing? I liked that scene in that it kind of told a sort of soldier's story where they weren't portrayed as murderers, rapists, thugs, etc. but rather average guys caught up in a rich person's war.

You're thinking of Ed Sheeran. I thought the scene was ok, but Ed seemed out of place on the show.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah that scene really added nothing, just felt like they did a favor for Ed.

Was I the only one who wanted see Arya do a straight Braavosy water dance murder rampage in that scene?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah that scene really added nothing, just felt like they did a favor for Ed.

Actually, Ed's character in and of itself is insignificant, I think the scene might prove to be quite significant. This is the second time the plight of the common soldier has been brought up, the first by the preacher the hound encountered.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
One could argue that Gendry is the rightful heir to the throne, the last remaining offspring of Robert, and hey look, guess who just got re-introduced into the fold this season.

Where was he introduced? I'm sure I just missed the reference.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You're thinking of Ed Sheeran. I thought the scene was ok, but Ed seemed out of place on the show.

The scene was very different but I did like it because it put the everyday soldier in a good light instead of being a murderer, rapist, et al.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ironically apparently not famous enough. I didn't even have a fucking clue that was him.

FWIW Ed Sherran was actually brought to the set as a gift to Maisie Williams a.k.a. Arya Stark since she is apparently big into music. He was then given a cameo for shits and giggles. Still hard for me to believe Maisie is 20 years old.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I had never heard of Ed Sherran until last night.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The storyline that intrigues me more is the possibility of Tyrion being Targaryen. I don't know if that will be fleshed out in the series or not but they toyed with it when he was able to interact with the dragons without being eviscerated.

Who is "they"? As for Tyrion being a Targaryen, I pretty much doubt that. I just think that the dragon felt that he was there to help him(Tyrion) and trusted him which is why I think that Tyrion will be one of the dragon "riders". IF he is I think it'll be a pretty funny scene when Khalesi asks him to ride one of them.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Who is "they"? As for Tyrion being a Targaryen, I pretty much doubt that. I just think that the dragon felt that he was there to help him(Tyrion) and trusted him which is why I think that Tyrion will be one of the dragon "riders". IF he is I think it'll be a pretty funny scene when Khalesi asks him to ride one of them.

"they" would be referring to the writers.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Theories say otherwise. They say she ran away and did indeed marry that Targaryen fella. Maybe Danyreus and Jon can do a true incestuous King/Queen type thing and upgrade that Iron Throne to an Iron Loveseat.

Well Dany did say that she was open to a marriage to secure her throne but I do not think that Jon would agree to anything of the kind. At the end of all of this, I can see him returning to Winterfell along with his sisters and brother.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Actually, Ed's character in and of itself is insignificant, I think the scene might prove to be quite significant. This is the second time the plight of the common soldier has been brought up, the first by the preacher the hound encountered.

Good point. You could even say a sort of the same thing with the High Sparrow as to the "faith" of the common man in general. In the face of all of the depravity taking place all over the main storylines, we are now seeing some inclusion of morality and "good" taking place aren't we?

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good point. You could even say a sort of the same thing with the High Sparrow as to the "faith" of the common man in general. In the face of all of the depravity taking place all over the main storylines, we are now seeing some inclusion of morality and "good" taking place aren't we?

The High Sparrow was kind of a dick though. The faith militant too.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder when or if Arya will catch wind that Jon and Sansa are back at Winterfell. I could definitely see her getting rerouted and the Cersei murder being put on hold.