Game of Thrones Thread

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One could argue that Gendry is the rightful heir to the throne, the last remaining offspring of Robert, and hey look, guess who just got re-introduced into the fold this season.

What'd I miss this time? I thought about Gendry when all of the talk about lineage heated up but I don't remember his name coming up in this episode. Last I heard of him, he was leaving in a small boat to get away from Stannis and the Red Bitch trying to take his blood. He would have a legit claim to the Iron Throne being Robert's last bastard son, though. Maybe it is he who ends up marrying Khalesi?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been aware of his existence for over a month. I guess I'm just way more plugged in to popular culture than you tuned out aging hipsters.

That's a little disappointing, I've always thought of you as being a slightly older hipster.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The High Sparrow was kind of a dick though. The faith militant too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. I was talking about the "faith" believers not the High Sparrow and those idiots who enforced his precepts. Wonder if the Mountain continues to "mount" the big bitch Cersei gave him:)

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good point. You could even say a sort of the same thing with the High Sparrow as to the "faith" of the common man in general. In the face of all of the depravity taking place all over the main storylines, we are now seeing some inclusion of morality and "good" taking place aren't we?

ok this really sisn't a spoiler, but has one wrapped inside it. At the end of the Season, after the dragonpit scene (another big spoiler) Jamie gets disgusted with Cersie and leaves her, riding North. Now this is just speculation on my part, but I have a feeling eventually a good portion of the Lannister forces will join Jamie to fight the good fight so to say.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wonder when or if Arya will catch wind that Jon and Sansa are back at Winterfell. I could definitely see her getting rerouted and the Cersei murder being put on hold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somehow they will meet up but I doubt that she goes back to Winterfell since Jon has basically assembled his army and I believe his attention will turn to meeting up with Khalesi. I see Arya as recruiting Joquen to get into King Landing and killing Cersei. It'll be interesting whose "face" she takes to fool Cersei. My guess is that it will be the sorcerer who has become tight with Cersei. Be tough for her to bulk up to take the place of the Mountain, eh?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well Dany did say that she was open to a marriage to secure her throne but I do not think that Jon would agree to anything of the kind. At the end of all of this, I can see him returning to Winterfell along with his sisters and brother.

For more background on this do a little research on the house of the undying visions:

Three fires you must light, one for life, one for death and one to love.
Three mounts you must ride, one to bed, one to dread and one to love.
Three treasons you will know, once for blood, once for gold and once for love.

These all have to do with Husbands Dany will have. To date she has had two, Drogo and Hizdahr, the third looks to be Jon (not sure on that but would bet my paycheck on it).

Also look into the house with the red door.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Somehow they will meet up but I doubt that she goes back to Winterfell since Jon has basically assembled his army and I believe his attention will turn to meeting up with Khalesi. I see Arya as recruiting Joquen to get into King Landing and killing Cersei. It'll be interesting whose "face" she takes to fool Cersei. My guess is that it will be the sorcerer who has become tight with Cersei. Be tough for her to bulk up to take the place of the Mountain, eh?

Not going down that way, not this season.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
ok this really sisn't a spoiler, but has one wrapped inside it. At the end of the Season, after the dragonpit scene (another big spoiler) Jamie gets disgusted with Cersie and leaves her, riding North. Now this is just speculation on my part, but I have a feeling eventually a good portion of the Lannister forces will join Jamie to fight the good fight so to say.

You seem pretty well into this, so I bring the following to you:

I've seen theories that Ja'quen is actually Rheagar, and based on how Ned thinks Arya reminds him of Lyanna, that is why he took her in. Thoughts?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He will be in upcoming episodes, I didn't wrap it in tags as he appeared on the teasers released by hbo to promote the upcoming season.

That is the problem with these "spoilers" isn't it? I don't read the spoilers by my own choice so I am confused. You stated originally that Robert's bastard is back into the story. Then when questioned by a few people you send out a "spoiler" which really wasn't a spoiler but rather something that is a "teaser" sent out by HBO as a promotion. Frankly it spoils the fun of speculation of what people think will happen. It just is confusing trying to figure out what is theory and what is true.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who is "they"? As for Tyrion being a Targaryen, I pretty much doubt that. I just think that the dragon felt that he was there to help him(Tyrion) and trusted him which is why I think that Tyrion will be one of the dragon "riders". IF he is I think it'll be a pretty funny scene when Khalesi asks him to ride one of them.

They, the people in charge of the show. Writers, producers, director and GRRM of course. Those with influence on what stories are told and what aren't.

As for other possible connections between Tyrion and him being Targaryen there are other scenes in GoT that allude to it. Its not often that they add scenes into an episode with no purpose, being that they're constantly having to delete things that were filmed. The scene where Tyrion first laid eyes on a dragon when he and Mormont were boating down river makes no sense unless its intentional foreshadowing. Then there is the scene where Varys and Tyrion are watching a red priestess preaching to a crowd in Essos about Daenerys when suddenly the priestess' attention is drawn towards Tyrion which is behind and to the right of her sitting on some steps. Its believed that red priests and priestesses have some connection to Targaryens. This was also exemplified in how Melisandre was drawn to Jon when she met him at the wall. All Targaryens are said to dream of dragons and Tyrion is no exception. He spoke of it.

There are other nuances that add to the theory such as the Targaryen king's lust for Tywin's wife. The fact Tywin himself said the only reason Tyrion was kept around and allowed to bear the Lannister name was because he couldn't prove he wasn't his child. Clearly that means he doubted Tyrion's parentage having known the king wanted to fuck his wife. It also didn't help that his wife died giving birth to Tyrion of course.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You seem pretty well into this, so I bring the following to you:

I've seen theories that Ja'quen is actually Rheagar, and based on how Ned thinks Arya reminds him of Lyanna, that is why he took her in. Thoughts?

I don't get the part where Ned took Arya in? Arya is Ned's naturally born daughter. I don't think Ja'quen is a big character, and has been phased out this season (maybe re-appear next, but I doubt he is anything more than a secondary character)

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don't get the part where Ned took Arya in? Arya is Ned's naturally born daughter. I don't think Ja'quen is a big character, and has been phased out this season (maybe re-appear next, but I doubt he is anything more than a secondary character)

[video=youtube;3ekYxJR461A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ekYxJR461A[/video]

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They, the people in charge of the show. Writers, producers, director and GRRM of course. Those with influence on what stories are told and what aren't.

As for other possible connections between Tyrion and him being Targaryen there are other scenes in GoT that allude to it. Its not often that they add scenes into an episode with no purpose, being that they're constantly having to delete things that were filmed. The scene where Tyrion first laid eyes on a dragon when he and Mormont were boating down river makes no sense unless its intentional foreshadowing. Then there is the scene where Varys and Tyrion are watching a red priestess preaching to a crowd in Essos about Daenerys when suddenly the priestess' attention is drawn towards Tyrion which is behind and to the right of her sitting on some steps. Its believed that red priests and priestesses have some connection to Targaryens. This was also exemplified in how Melisandre was drawn to Jon when she met him at the wall. All Targaryens are said to dream of dragons and Tyrion is no exception. He spoke of it.

There are other nuances that add to the theory such as the Targaryen king's lust for Tywin's wife. The fact Tywin himself said the only reason Tyrion was kept around and allowed to bear the Lannister name was because he couldn't prove he wasn't his child. Clearly that means he doubted Tyrion's parentage having known the king wanted to fuck his wife. It also didn't help that his wife died giving birth to Tyrion of course.

I think the foreshadowing meant that Tyrion would meet and align with Dany, mother of dragons. I don't think it had to mean he was a targareyn. I've seen these speculations before, and they have some merit, but GRMM also put in a few fake targs in his story as well.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Interesting stuff. I didn't know a thing about the lust for Tywin's wife but I do remember Tywin telling the Imp that he only kept him around cause he couldn't prove he wasn't his kid. Wow, that really brings an entire new element into the story, huh? Thanks for that!