Game of Thrones Thread

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Done, I didn't know those existed, my bad........

Also, if you hit the "go advanced" button to the bottom right of the reply window there is a "wrap spoiler" button if you're too lazy to type out the brackets and all.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
OK, enough is enough and I am calling you out. Your not coming up with this stuff on your own, so don't present it as you have please.

Believe what you want to. The only so-called fan "site" that I have looked at was the one on TV in which two or three analysts talk about what they think will happen and that was last year. The other stuff that I learn about is from you folks on your comments on this thread. Obviously I am not as into this series as some of you folks are nor as accurate as many of you are who have done a lot more research into it than I have. In fact I do make mistakes as in the Mereen versus Dorne and Tyrion versus Jamie statement. I also do not know where you folks get the "spoiler" information from.

My knowledge is based on reading the books, a couple of them two times and watching the show itself including reruns. That and reading this thread. In the post I responded to, I deduced that Mormount had to gone to the Citadel to look for knowledge about his "cure" because that was about the only logical reason for him to be there. They had to have caught him and maybe even listen to him but to keep him in quarenteen to protect themselves from infecting them. Why he expected Khalesi to come there is anyone's guess.

ANother opinion was about what Euron's "gift" would be is just another guess. SOmeone talked about that magic "horn" as being the gift and that is possible. But I think that it would be the Sand Snakes leader in Dorne and looking at it further, maybe he would also set his sights on granny who agree to ally with Dorne against the Lancasters. IN fact, that makes a lot of sense to me going forward since the two women killed Cersei's kids directly and indirectly. The more I think of it, the more sense it makes to me. They need to start paring down the warring entities and Dorne and granny probably are among the first to go. I could see them maybe holding granny hostage in order to get the food and money that they will need in the upcoming battle with Khalesi and Jon.
Going back to Euron, his ships are bad ass looking like forts on the sea. Must not have any trees left on the iron isles:) But he has made a bad enemy with Jamie and to think he will allow her to marry that ass-hole isn't gonna happen. It may be that last straw that drives Jamie to complete his redefinition as a hero and brings him aligned to Jon, Khalesi, Breinne, Sansa, and I think Arya also.

On a lighter note, I could see a scene down the road where the Hound and Bronn have a good drinking bout. Remember when they almost battled but had a drink instead when Stannis was attacking King's Landing? I'd really enjoy seeing that in that the two of them are two of my favorite characters in the show. Maybe the Imp will host it?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
About spoilers themselves......are they actual facts about how the event is going to turn out or are they theories advanced by "experts" on the show? LIKe I said, I have read one spoiler on this thread. I guess the "problem" that I would have with them is only if they are facts about an upcoming episode and wonder why someone would want to know how something turns out before it is shown? But if the spoiler is about some other person's opinion then fine because an opinion is like the proverbial asshole, everyone has one:)

Again I have to ask this, are spoilers facts or just theories?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
OK, enough is enough and I am calling you out. Your not coming up with this stuff on your own, so don't present it as you have please.

Believe what you want to. The only so-called fan "site" that I have looked at was the one on TV in which two or three analysts talk about what they think will happen and that was last year. The other stuff that I learn about is from you folks on your comments on this thread. Obviously I am not as into this series as some of you folks are nor as accurate as many of you are who have done a lot more research into it than I have. In fact I do make mistakes as in the Mereen versus Dorne and Tyrion versus Jamie statement. I also do not know where you folks get the "spoiler" information from.

My knowledge is based on reading the books, a couple of them two times and watching the show itself including reruns. That and reading this thread. In the post I responded to, I deduced that Mormount had to gone to the Citadel to look for knowledge about his "cure" because that was about the only logical reason for him to be there. They had to have caught him and maybe even listen to him but to keep him in quarenteen to protect themselves from infecting them. Why he expected Khalesi to come there is anyone's guess.

ANother opinion was about what Euron's "gift" would be is just another guess. SOmeone talked about that magic "horn" as being the gift and that is possible. But I think that it would be the Sand Snakes leader in Dorne and looking at it further, maybe he would also set his sights on granny who agree to ally with Dorne against the Lancasters. IN fact, that makes a lot of sense to me going forward since the two women killed Cersei's kids directly and indirectly. The more I think of it, the more sense it makes to me. They need to start paring down the warring entities and Dorne and granny probably are among the first to go. I could see them maybe holding granny hostage in order to get the food and money that they will need in the upcoming battle with Khalesi and Jon.
Going back to Euron, his ships are bad ass looking like forts on the sea. Must not have any trees left on the iron isles:) But he has made a bad enemy with Jamie and to think he will allow her to marry that ass-hole isn't gonna happen. It may be that last straw that drives Jamie to complete his redefinition as a hero and brings him aligned to Jon, Khalesi, Breinne, Sansa, and I think Arya also.

On a lighter note, I could see a scene down the road where the Hound and Bronn have a good drinking bout. Remember when they almost battled but had a drink instead when Stannis was attacking King's Landing? I'd really enjoy seeing that in that the two of them are two of my favorite characters in the show. Maybe the Imp will host it?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The Lancasters ? Will that be a spinoff from GOT when its over?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You mean you didn't like Captain Flint turning out to be a flaming homo? :smug2:

As for GoT. They already said there are only two truncated seasons left. So that means this is a short season and there is one more left which of course as you know won't be for another bloody year after this short S7 ends anyways. If that isn't long enough for Martin to release his book its kinda stupid for him to hold back S8 even longer.

All I know is that if they never bring a close to the White Walker storyline I am going to be fucking pissed. Its one of the main reasons I even liked GoT. Aside from the Stark drama of course.

Good stuff. Personally I do not like the White Walker storyline because in my opinion they never really explained it in the books and the series. Maybe that is where the envisioned "prequel" would focus more attention on. Maybe I need to re-read the first book again?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Tyrion 'Burt' Lancaster

115460-004-D72E4C5D.jpg

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think one of the more overlooked and interesting storylines will be when Jon finds out he's a Tagaryen and it's going to cause a huge problem with Sansa and the North.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think one of the more overlooked and interesting storylines will be when Jon finds out he's a Tagaryen and it's going to cause a huge problem with Sansa and the North.

Or even bigger when danerys makes Sansa marry Tyron again lol

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Don't think it's as overlooked as it is inconsequential. As the Snowman has said all must unite for the real enemy. Also with Bran being the only one knowledgeable of Jon being a Targaryen, I don't think he's likely to tell anyone but Jon. Could see a rift between Jon and Bitch face but unlikely she completely sells him out. Regardless, Jon is going to end up with Dany either way and when shit goes down any who have abandoned him will get behind him again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Jon is still half Stark, it's just the other half went from random whore to Targaryen. Is that better or worse?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Don't think it's as overlooked as it is inconsequential. As the Snowman has said all must unite for the real enemy. Also with Bran being the only one knowledgeable of Jon being a Targaryen, I don't think he's likely to tell anyone but Jon. Could see a rift between Jon and Bitch face but unlikely she completely sells him out. Regardless, Jon is going to end up with Dany either way and when shit goes down any who have abandoned him will get behind him again.

End up with Dany? This is GOT we're talking about, happy endings aren't typical. I expect the final battle to be between them.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
End up with Dany? This is GOT we're talking about, happy endings aren't typical. I expect the final battle to be between them.

No. They are sure to be allies especially when they find out they are related.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They can have Dorne, no great loss. :)

They would be tormented, and worn down by the Dornish. While even Aegon was unable to conquer Dorne...and even though later Dayton was able to invade, he was unable to hold it. The Dorne would use Fabian/Guerrilla tactics.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
No. They are sure to be allies especially when they find out they are related.

Dany wants that throne for herself so I find this unlikely.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dany wants that throne for herself so I find this unlikely.

She won't hate on her nephew. If it's a family feud you want, wait til The new little Hand of the Queen takes out his evil incestuous sister and maybe 1 handed brother too.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
She won't hate on her nephew. If it's a family feud you want, wait til The new little Hand of the Queen takes out his evil incestuous sister and maybe 1 handed brother too.

They might not fight, but I highly doubt they're both still standing at the end of the season.